Terrell Owens Reportedly Attempts Suicide

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Terrell Owens Reportedly Attempts Suicide

Post by tuzzi44 »

Police Report Says Cowboys Receiver Terrell Owens Attempted Suicide by Taking Pain Medication

By JAIME ARON AP Sports Writer

"DALLAS Sep 27, 2006 (AP)— Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens' hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill who mostly deals with troubled players said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2497422
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

News today at lunch was interviewing him ... he said (what else would he say ?) that it was NOT a suicide attempt ...

Grizz
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

:D naaaa it wasnt a suicide attempt... his finger just reeeeally hurt :lol:
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

I woke up this morning to the sound of my radio clock, and the frist thing I heard was "Terrel Owens has repotedly attempted to commit suicide" I need some new like this everyday, it's the only way I'll actually wake up ;)
I Hart Luongo.