Zinedine Zidane - Why the Head Butt

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Meerschaum wrote:PS - Check out this secret Italian soccer training video . . . :shock:

http://usa.worldcupblog.org/group-e/sec ... video.html
LOL!! :lol: :lol:

That video totally cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh!
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Hey nibbles go join a mens league team in the lower mainland and then say the game is for wimps! I bet you don't make it through the first 10 mins with the same gonch on! Those guys take it real serious!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Zinedine Zidane's headbutt on the Italian player was as much a black mark on soccer as Bertuzzi's hit on Moore. Why? Because of the high profile nature of it and the fact that the play caused his team to lose momentum and ultimately the World Cup. It was Zidane's last career game and something he'll surely regret for the rest of his life.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

it was a terrible decision on his behalf. sure, there may have been some trash talk going on between Zidane and Marco Materazzi but thats a part of nearly every sport played on the planet... its how you deal with that is what makes a good professional athlete into a great professional athlete
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The Zidane headbutt was not even nearly the biggest black mark on soccer the past year or two.

The Spanish coach had his racist comments about Henry. And the most shocking one was an entire stadium (so it seemed) in Italy chanting to get the "blackie" off the field.

There is a reason FIFA is really trying hard (but unsuccessfully) to rid the game of racism. It's rampant and embarassing.

The Zidane headbutt is only a big blackmark if it was indeed precipitated by more racist crap. But in that case it isn't the headbutt that is the black mark but what precipitated it. The headbutt wasn't a big deal...it happens quite often in soccer.

The next biggest blackmark is the whiny bitch Christian Ronaldo and all his diving friends.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

The next biggest blackmark is the whiny bitch Christian Ronaldo and all his diving friends.
... or the match fixing scandal of some of the Italian Club teams and ultimately some of the players belonging to this years World Cup winners.

Grizz
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Grizzly wrote:
... or the match fixing scandal of some of the Italian Club teams and ultimately some of the players belonging to this years World Cup winners.

Grizz
That too. I just want to punch Christian Ronaldo every time I see him on my xbox (Winning eleven 9). he even fucking dives when you get near him in that game!
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

tantalum wrote:
Grizzly wrote:

Grizz
That too. I just want to punch Christian Ronaldo every time I see him on my xbox (Winning eleven 9). he even fucking dives when you get near him in that game!

I think you need to join Nibbles, put the video controller down and go outside and get some sun.

Sounds like your the whiny Bitch
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

nibbles wrote:ibut because it was in the girliest sport ever, it looked like he shot the guy with a shotgun...

the little girls legs magically came out from under him, and he rolled around on the ground like a little girl..
I take it you don't like soccer. So answer these questions fro me.
Why is soccer the most popular sport in the world.
Hockey players get jack compared to soccer.
Soccer is VERY agressive on those 1 on 1 battles. I'd know trust me,.
Saying it's a girly sport is an insult to girls everywhere.
You wouldnt last a couple mins ebcause your weak body is all worn down from you not getting off your stupid computer seat.

So I have one thing to say.
Put an effing sock in it please.
I Hart Luongo.
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

*CanucksForLife* wrote: Put an effing sock in it please.
A fine sentiment, and one with which we all would concur; but the sock got inserted into the troll a loooong time ago :)
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

The diving in soccer makes it real hard to watch. When Riberio did that in hockey he was vilified,called out by the opposition,fans,media and teamates but in soccer its accepted. Its almost embarasing to watch.

That however does not make soccer a sissy sport,far from it.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Ropesauce wrote:
I think you need to join Nibbles, put the video controller down and go outside and get some sun.

Sounds like your the whiny Bitch
I think perhaps you should just maybe shut the fuck up. If you don't watch soccer fine. But if you do and you aren't atleast a wee bit pissed off to be a fan of a sport where one of the biggest stars in the world is constantly on the ground faking an injury I don't know what to say. It's an embarassment to a great game. Though perhaps you have a big man crush on him. He is rather pretty.

And FYI i don't need to put the controller down and go get some sun. Your talking to a 30 something year man who works 70+ hours a week and gets approximately 30-60 minutes a day to maybe play a game or two. Nice way to wind down after a 12-15 hour work day before having dinner. Unless of course Christian Ronaldo is flopping ont he ground everytime someone breathes on him.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Ververgaert wrote:
The diving in soccer makes it real hard to watch. When Riberio did that in hockey he was vilified,called out by the opposition,fans,media and teamates but in soccer its accepted. Its almost embarasing to watch.
Yeah unfortunately it can be very embarrassing to watch when it is like that ... you kinda got put that to the side I guess and just appreciate the incredible amount of skill those guys have ...

Tantalum wrote:
And FYI i don't need to put the controller down and go get some sun. Your talking to a 30 something year man who works 70+ hours a week and gets approximately 30-60 minutes a day to maybe play a game or two
No worries Tant ... I'm with you on that ... comments like that aren't even worth responding to ... anyone that really watches soccer or plays knows that it's a tough sport to play - and yeah it sucks that some of the best players like to dive but unfortunately it seems with every game there seems to be some black marks.

I love the FIFA 2006 btw...

Grizz
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

the only reason I answered is because I was waiting for a conference call to start and I had nothing better to do.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

tantalum wrote:the only reason I answered is because I was waiting for a conference call to start and I had nothing better to do.
lol

Grizz