Canucks Reduce Roster

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Canucks Reduce Roster

Post by ClamRussel »

Sun. Sep 24, 2006

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that the Canucks have reduced their roster by seven players. The Vancouver Canucks roster is now at 35 players.

The following players have been assigned to the Manitoba Moose of the AHL:
Bernier, Marc-Andre Right Wing
Ellis, Julien Goal
Moran, Brad Centre
Rullier, Joe Defence
Ryan, Prestin Defence

The following players have released:
Dwyer, Gordie
Kutny, Vladimir
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Dwyer never had a shot. I assume by 'released' Dwyer and Kutny are now UFAs.

I'm hoping to see Bernier in the A, he played awful and rotted in the E. Ellis I assume would be the starter on the Moose if Flaherty is indeed our backup.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

jchockey wrote:Dwyer never had a shot. I assume by 'released' Dwyer and Kutny are now UFAs.

I'm hoping to see Bernier in the A, he played awful and rotted in the E. Ellis I assume would be the starter on the Moose if Flaherty is indeed our backup.
I don't know if Ellis would be the starter. Most likely the backup in the AHL behind either Flaherty (if Flaherty goes back to Manitoba) or Mcintyre.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Not sad to see Dwyer go.

He looked pretty terrible IMO.
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Not really surprised that any of these guys are going back to the Moose...
It was just a matter of time before they got released.
I Hart Luongo.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

lets all hope the Flames sign Gordie Dwyer :lol:
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Soooooo.....weren't there supposed to be cuts tonight? This is getting a tad silly if there wasn't....most teams have whittled it down, surely they have an idea as to who WON'T be making the cut.....these games should be close to a full roster w/ ONLY the guys who are seriously competing for jobs left....and maybe top junior prospects like Grabner. Is MacIntyre really being considered right now? Is Santala? Is Shultz? Time to clear the deck and send the rest to the Moose/Inferno/junior etc. I don't mind that Edler is getting some experience....I just worry that all this "playtime" is getting in the way of the team gelling.....we've seen this act before where keeping to large a roster for too long led to a slow start.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

ClamRussel wrote:Soooooo.....weren't there supposed to be cuts tonight? This is getting a tad silly if there wasn't....most teams have whittled it down, surely they have an idea as to who WON'T be making the cut.....these games should be close to a full roster w/ ONLY the guys who are seriously competing for jobs left....and maybe top junior prospects like Grabner. Is MacIntyre really being considered right now? Is Santala? Is Shultz? Time to clear the deck and send the rest to the Moose/Inferno/junior etc. I don't mind that Edler is getting some experience....I just worry that all this "playtime" is getting in the way of the team gelling.....we've seen this act before where keeping to large a roster for too long led to a slow start.
With the number of one-way deals, makes me wondering if we're trying to showcase someone (or a few?) before we pull the trigger on a deal.
Mark