Sedins With Nazzy?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Naslund Be The Sedin's Linemate?

OHH YEAH, TOTALLY.
29%
NOOO WAY.
71%

Total votes: 28

*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Sedins With Nazzy?

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

I got this of the Canucks site poll.

Do you think the Sedins should team up with Nazzy to support a great line?
Based on SUnday's performance,
Whats wrong with 3 Swedes playing on the same line?
In my opinion....I HAVE NO IDEA.
This is a question that could work both ways.
If Naslund does play with them, who will play with morrison...
?-Morrison-Bulis Maybe?
It wil shuffle the whole roster if this change actualy happens.
I think they should try it out a couple games during the regular season before coming to any sort of conlcusion.

"The IKEA Line" Ooooo deadly.

:thumbs:
Last edited by *CanucksForLife* on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Hart Luongo.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

It's an interesting idea, but one thing worries me is who would be on the second line.

Mo-Bulis-Cooke?
Mo-Bulis-Pyatt?

I don't feel too comfortable with either of them, but if I were to pick one it would have to be the second one I put. From what I heard last night, Mo and Pyatt had some good chemistry.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Only on the power play.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

SRsez wrote:Only on the power play.
I agree. On the first unit PP, this makes sense. But five-on-five, I'd rather not have all of our eggs in one basket.

Kesler didn't look bad with them against the Sharks. There's still time to experiment with Cooke and Bulis too.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
spudpicker
AHL Prospect

Post by spudpicker »

I like Cooke-Mor-Nas and Bulis-Sed_Sed myself.. but agree that we should have an all Swed PP1.. this leaves an aweful expensive Kesler for the thrid line.. but a Linden-Kesler-Pyatt line doesnt sound bad either, saying this, having not seen the chem between Buils and the twins yet, which a lot depends on .. I miss Carter already.

I think that even though we are paying Kesler the 1.9 it would be a mistake to hurry him along.. We signed him more for what he can do for us in years to come , not what we expect him to do this year ... we need to stay focused on that. I am a big supporter of the decision to sign him, as I was really impressed with him last year... but still think he can benifit from another season on the 3rd line with the obvious call up to the Sedins line in the even of injury, maybe even the first depending on circumstances...
'Before you can win, you gotta figure out why you're losing.'

Bill Parcells
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

I think these lines would be great and the Sedins should play with Naslund, they are all playmakers and with the Canucks needing a scoring punch on a new more defensive minded team... DO IT UP

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Naslund
Morrison - Bulis - Cooke
Burrows - Kesler - Linden
Pyatt - Chouinard - Reid

I think a set up like this would work... throwing Krajicek on the PP unit with the Sedins and Naslund could be a killer unit along with Salo.

Putting Linden with Kesler as a mentor they can feed off of each other and I see alot of similarities in the two... with Burrows as a player who will do anything and get dirty that line could really work.
spenc8
AHL Prospect

Post by spenc8 »

I liked the sound of Kesler and the Twins and I'd also like to try Burrows with them just to see . I'm pretty sure the Twins can make it work with most any hard working mucker with semi reasonable hands . They did Ok with Linden way back when - don't think he can do it now but you never know . , Arveddson actually did really well with them before he got hurt . If he wasn't too old now we could probably bring back Klatt and still get good results . I think Carter will miss them more than they will miss him .
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Happy birthday to the Sedins... 26 on the 26th.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I voted 'No'.

1) The Sedin twins can play well without Naslund. All they need is someone with decent ability (i.e. Kesler, Bulis).

2) Why change a winning game plan? Naslund has enjoyed all/most of his NHL success on LW. Why change that?

3) Naslund and Morrison are used to one another. They have enjoyed great success with one another in the past. Why change that?
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I wouldnt make that a set line... maybe if were down and in the 3rd period in a must win game then i would throw them out there together and see if they can make something happen. that and they would be a pretty solid PP line only if we could make a fairly solid second line to go with it. But other than that, i say keep them separated... dont make it too easy for the other team's defense/coach. as for the other team's perspective.. it would be easier to shut all 3 guys down with your best defensive pairing if they are always on the ice together... split them up and they have to be more strategic with their matchups.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

tuzzi44 wrote:I wouldnt make that a set line... maybe if were down and in the 3rd period in a must win game then i would throw them out there together and see if they can make something happen. that and they would be a pretty solid PP line only if we could make a fairly solid second line to go with it. But other than that, i say keep them separated... dont make it too easy for the other team's defense/coach. as for the other team's perspective.. it would be easier to shut all 3 guys down with your best defensive pairing if they are always on the ice together... split them up and they have to be more strategic with their matchups.
Also along the lines of what I was thinking about during science class today ;)
Unless we get down a couple and we really need a kick start to get back into it, then we put them on. But if we're up by a goal or 2 and are playing welll, keep it as it is. And they would be a dynamic PP line. WIth the Sedin's slap-pass-tip play and Nazzy's passing skills to start it off, we could see a lot of those goals.
I Hart Luongo.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Science class??? If you dont mind me asking... how old are you??
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

I guarantee you I'm the youngest on this board ;)
and I don't mind you asking 8-)
I Hart Luongo.
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

I say No. Naslund with the Twins is a waste of Naslund's talent. The Twins need a player a smidge better than a fat platypus who can whack the puck into an open net. Inserting Naslund there is the equivalent of squashing a bug with an ICBM.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

How about a fat beaver instead of the platypus? It's got a bigger tail.
The line can be called "The Sisters and Their Stuffed Beaver" or "Leave It To Their Beaver" or "Grrrl Power" or "Chicks With Sticks".

Shorty: "Henrik Sedin to Daniel Sedin to Harry Bush. Scores!"
Tom: "Oh Shorty! The Beaver is hot tonight!!! Hehe!!! I love it, I wan't more of it!"

Squashing a bug with an ICBM would be cool.