Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:28 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm
PuckPedia @PuckPedia Rep'd by Robert Hooper
The Flyers 22 y/o C Nolan Patrick (Drafted #2 '17) has accepted his Qualifying Offer of 1 year $874,125 (105% of previous $832.5K base salary)
-RFA after deal
-Missed last year to injury
-13 Goals, 31 Points in 72 Games Played in the 18-19 season.
-1:25 PM · Oct 16, 2020
https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/13 ... 5330646017

Took another huge hit as late as July in the round robin--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQlQ4ojUSU
There are a few monstrous hits in his young NHL career. They pretty much all look the same. Although most of the worst of them were
penalized, (big deal), if this guy "can" make a successful come-back, he cannot keep turning his back to the play along the boards.
He didn’t take another hit in any round robin. He hasn’t played since the end of the 18/19 season.
Your right! I fixed it. Damn dates at the bottom of the videos ..F**k!
Good to admit our errors mick :thumbs:
Sorry but the entire premise of his post was in error.

Hits have had ZERO to to with Patrick's problems.

(Migraines are his problem)

"[The hits] pretty much all look the same" - Micky

UMMMM. Only TWO hits were the same in that video (hits to the numbers from behind)

He was completely unaffected by those two hits from behind he took in those JUST TWO hits.

(well he had to go to the quiet room after one of them, but was right back at 'er)

Mick was also wrong in assuming Patrick "turns his back to the play" any more than anyone else.

Note one of the 4 incidents in the video was a puck striking him in the ear while he was in front of the net.

Interesting that the third hit in that video was actually dished out BY Patrick. :scowl:

(open-ice elbow to some guy's head, did you even watch the video Mick?)

Here's your problem Micky: You want to constantly post links. (SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!)

You see that Patrick accepted his QO and your first thought is: "Here's something I can link!"

Then you realize most of us are watching the transaction wire and this was expected and MINOR.

So you try to spice it up a bit by adding your own commentary.

... even though you know less about Patrick than most of us here.

I say this because Patrick has been discussed many times in this forum (you post waaay more than you read)

... and you weren't even aware the guy hasn't played hockey in 1.5 years.

And you didn't know about his Migraines.

But you did remember there was something about head issues with the guy.

Okay, so you quickly search youtube to find something about dat dere

... and stumble upon one put together recently by some kid.

You watch the first half of the video and see two hits from behind.

You figure "Okay, that oughta do it" and make that your commentary on Patrick accepting his QO.

If you had watched the entire video you would have seen the 3rd incident was Patrick dishing out the cheap shot.

And that the 4th + last incident was Patrick unluckily taking a puck to the ear (just 2 days after the 2nd hit from behind).

So yeah, here's the answer to most of your problems at this site: STOP LINKING SO MUCH.

It's having the OPPOSITE effect of what you are seeking.

I know you think I'm picking on you, but I'm really not.

I do what I do for your own good and that of the site.

If it weren't for your obsession with linking you'd probably be beloved here.

You seem as decent a person as anyone here and you are an old lifelong Canuck fan with stories to tell.

Micky, we ALL scour the internet for all things hockey, we don't need your links!

(oh sure, post the very interesting ones people may have missed)

PEACE BRO

P.S. The date the video was put up has nothing to do with the dates of the incidents in the video, you didn't know that?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Well said doc.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm Hits have had ZERO to to with Patrick's problems.
I don't believe that.
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm Here's your problem Micky:
Yes you are. I make a mistake here and there, everyone does, including you.
Your wrong on your presumption about what I do and why. :scowl:
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm (oh sure, post the very interesting ones people may have missed)
That's what I'm doing.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm Hits have had ZERO to to with Patrick's problems.
I don't believe that.
You can believe whatever you want.....belief doesn't make 2+2 magically equal 5. If you are someone who operates on purely subjective truth then that explains it all.
Micky wrote:
Well whether he is picking on you or not, if indeed he is, it's well earned. But for argument's sake, why not tell us why you do what you do.....
Micky wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm (oh sure, post the very interesting ones people may have missed)
That's what I'm doing.
Yeah, it's not. It's really not. As Strangelove just pointed out, you link things you haven't even fully read or viewed yourself, so how do you even know if they are interesting? Moreover, how would you possibly know what people have or have not missed?

It's all assumptions.

There's a reason why nobody around here respects you, and why none of us would bat an eye if you never posted again.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds, Mickster is merely a superfan and get excited about shit. He never posts anything sinister or derogatory....just canucks stuff.

Everyone has taken turns blasting the guy but at the end of the day hes one of us.
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:58 am Mëds, Mickster is merely a superfan and get excited about shit. He never posts anything sinister or derogatory....just canucks stuff.

Everyone has taken turns blasting the guy but at the end of the day hes one of us.
Sure. But can he keep all the links to crap (that he hasn’t read) to his own thread? It’s annoying af when he clutters up every thread with the shit.

Soon, he will figure out that I only roast him when he lies or posts all the links to on the 3-5 real hockey threads we have.. I leave him alone in his crazy crayon link thread.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mick, just link shit in your own thread. Its driving everyone nuts.

The Mick roasting has lost its comedic value... for which I take very, very seriously
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't believe that.
That's what I'm doing.
You don’t believe it eh? Good old Doctor Gomer da Internet Doctor. Nolan Patrick has had migraines going back to when he was a kid. Yes he did suffer a concussion as a player, but he previously had the migraines. Doctors have ruled out any connection between the two, but you don’t believe that. Seriously you’re the same guy that said Micheal Ferland was also having panic attacks that triggered his concussions. You’re going to get called on this shit when you pull crap out of your ass.

If you insist on constantly posting nonsense and linking shit everyone can access, do us a favour and put it in the grubby Gomer thread. There is no need to pollute every thread just so you can scan the board and see your name in every single thread.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I don't believe that.
That's what I'm doing.

Why am I not surprised Micky has convinced himself he is right and everyone else is wrong...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:53 pm Thornton in Toronto is perfect. Tavares, Thornton, and Spezza can take turns mentoring the kids on what it takes to not win the Stanley Cup. Was Carl Brewer busy? Oops he's dead.

They seriously think adding Thornton, Simmonds, Bogosian, and Brodie, and re-signing Spezza will put them over the top, eh?
We can laugh all we want. Toronto is a better team now.

They already had buckets of offensive talent. They just added some sand paper and veteran leadership.

The blueline is still weak, and goaltending a question mark.

However they are better than they were. Probably a game 7 exit if round 1 rather than game 5 in a play-in. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:20 am Mick, just link shit in your own thread. Its driving everyone nuts.

The Mick roasting has lost its comedic value... for which I take very, very seriously
Yeah, that's probably because people aren't trying to be funny anymore, they are tired of it and just calling a spade a spade.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Mëds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:20 am Mick, just link shit in your own thread. Its driving everyone nuts.

Yeah, that's probably because people aren't trying to be funny anymore, they are tired of it and just calling a spade a spade.
came here for this
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:49 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:53 pm Thornton in Toronto is perfect. Tavares, Thornton, and Spezza can take turns mentoring the kids on what it takes to not win the Stanley Cup. Was Carl Brewer busy? Oops he's dead.

They seriously think adding Thornton, Simmonds, Bogosian, and Brodie, and re-signing Spezza will put them over the top, eh?
We can laugh all we want. Toronto is a better team now.

They already had buckets of offensive talent. They just added some sand paper and veteran leadership.

The blueline is still weak, and goaltending a question mark.

However they are better than they were. Probably a game 7 exit if round 1 rather than game 5 in a play-in. :P
I think the Leaves are a worse team this year than last.

And last year they missed the playoffs. Image

Thornton is basically a corpse at this point.

He died at some point during last season.

Leaves are supposed to run with just 21 players again this season.

Well that might be tough to do when they realize Joe is a zombie with a full NMC.

If he's no longer NHL material they can't send him down for cap relief.

As an aside, why is it so many of the players I hate wind up on the Leaves...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

lol at the Carl Brewer reference. Bwahahaha...good one Curmudgeon.

Dumbass probably thinks Pat Boutette can still help their penalty kill. :lol:
el rey del mambo
Drich82
CC Rookie

Post by Drich82 »

Had to google Carl Brewer. I think I'm too young for this.