Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:33 am Per is a bjork-lover
You mean... ?

Well... it's actually more like this:

... although this season there is something missing, this is what the stands looked like back in March:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:24 pm
rikster wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 pm
Second, not overspending on a fourth line would be an improvement, wouldn't it?
Not to nitpick, but this criticism is always framed differently than the way I see it...
This is a good post, and lays out the "bring the kids up with vets" philosophy and how the Canucks are ahead of the curve now.

But you know, my comment doesn't take a position one way or another on the "bring up kids with vets" philosophy. If you have that philosophy and you no longer need to overspend on the 4th line, well, that's an improvement, isn't it?
Agreed, that is the evolution of a rebuilding team and I think that is what we saw with the Markstrom and Tanev decisions...

But I've always been bothered that the media has never framed the debate properly and instead just focused on the individual deals and judged them against perfection as if they play in a league with just one team.....

I guess the next debate could be is the team ahead of schedule because of the way Benning chose to rebuild or would the team be in the same position if it had gone the historical Oilers route?

Funny but now you are hearing some in the media crediting the likes of Beagle and Sutter for the teams development...

Take care...
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

rikster wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:48 am I guess the next debate could be is the team ahead of schedule because of the way Benning chose to rebuild or would the team be in the same position if it had gone the historical Oilers route?

Take care...
They're ahead of schedule because of Petey & Hughes

Fuckin Petey
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rikster wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:48 am
Funny but now you are hearing some in the media crediting the likes of Beagle and Sutter for the teams development...
Pettersson and Hughes kinda arrived developed. But to those some in the media you could agree and say; Ya, for playing crappy and giving the
younger players a chance to play more.

Just kidding but both those guys do run out of gas quickly these days.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 pm Maybe Virtanen is the cost to move a contract to fit in Hoffman.
Or, perhaps Loui is going to do the right thing and retire, saving all of us a lot of trouble. Maybe hook him up with a plum scouting position in Sweden.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ESQ wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 pm Maybe Virtanen is the cost to move a contract to fit in Hoffman.
Or, perhaps Loui is going to do the right thing and retire, saving all of us a lot of trouble. Maybe hook him up with a plum scouting position in Sweden.
Or, we can hook 'ol Loui up with Jake's trainer for the fall, and he will simply fail the team physical. :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:12 am So...deployment. How do y'all reckon the pairings look now? Is it Hughes with Schmidt or Edler and Schmidt?
I’d try Edler Schmidt.
Gives a pace pusher on both pairs.
Hughes Myers looked good together, but they usually only got together when the team was down a goal.
If they can hold a lead together, they would be a good pairing.
Edler Schmidt would probably match up against other team’s top lines.
Metrics prefer Edler and Myers together, so Green might try Hughes - Schmidt together first, and oddly enough both like the right side.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They could also pair up Schmidt with one of the prospects if the prospect looks ready in camp.
Schmidt with Rathbone would really push the pace.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Isnt Hoffman and his wife the poison that caused the fracture in the Sens locker room?

if yes, why would we want that?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

ESQ wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am
He’d probably play in Sweden instead, he’d get a decent chunk of change yet.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 am Isnt Hoffman and his wife the poison that caused the fracture in the Sens locker room?

He wasn’t the poison, the poison was the guy in San Jose. Got it from a very good source.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:19 am They could also pair up Schmidt with one of the prospects if the prospect looks ready in camp.
Schmidt with Rathbone would really push the pace.
I like this way of thinking! Really looking forward to camp! Betting Rathbone is gonna make it difficult for Green to ignore his talent.
At this point, it's probably Juolevi's to lose, we'll see. There will be injuries, (hope not), inevitably, so I think it wont be a long wait. Jack is
the real deal.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:05 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 am Isnt Hoffman and his wife the poison that caused the fracture in the Sens locker room?

He wasn’t the poison, the poison was the guy in San Jose. Got it from a very good source.
I don't think we're interested anyways, but ya, don't think there was much traction to any allegations in his direction.
In a subsequent comment, Hoffman said, “There is a 150 per cent chance that my fiancée Monika and I are not involved in any of the accusations that have been pursued (that are) coming our way.”
I believe him..
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hoffman’s a cancer. Maybe Green should force feed minutes to Jake on the top line with Miller and Petey. Play Brock with Bo and Pearson. You think he couldn’t light it up with those two? Give him top line minutes for ten straight games before you give up on Jake. The kid’s a horse who should be playing big minutes. Some people think Jake will do better away from Vancouver, but maybe he just needs a break from Green in Vancouver, #newcanuckcoachingphilosphyneeded

This message brought to you from the only member of the Save Shotgun Jake Club.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm Someone send the mafia to negotiate a deal for Eriksson to retire and Baertschi to terminate his contract lol.
There is no “mafia” in Vancouver
More like triads?
No Mafia in Vancouver?