Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:30 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:12 pm Vatanen was once a decent puck mover but his numbers haven't ever matched up with his skillset for some reason.
His numbers are still good... and he's good defensively.

The problem is his injury history.

So yeah, great Tanev replacement? :D
Plus he comes without losing assets. Could work if hes affordable enough to allow adding a tougher middle depth level dman as well (like a hamonic for example)
Hey if those two came with big discounts, sign me up.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yuck.... Vatanen and Hamonic are Stecher level players at this point and they will both get paid a hell of a lot more. No thanks. Explore the trade route Elmer.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:05 pm https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/sta ... 3678477314
David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
The Vancouver Canucks remain in the market for a top-four defenceman and are one of the teams that have expressed interest in Travis Hamonic. As they aren't the only team in that mix, they're also exploring multiple options.
Sounds like Jimmy is kicking all the tires, doing his job.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Vatanen on a Covid discount contract.
Get him at a 1-2 year deal max I’m ok with it. But yeah Jimmy needs to be patient here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vatanen is a runt that cant stay healthy, no thanks. Hamonic is baked, too many hard miles
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 am Yuck.... Vatanen and Hamonic are Stecher level players at this point and they will both get paid a hell of a lot more. No thanks. Explore the trade route Elmer.
Vatanen coming off a $4,875,000 multi yr. deal. 29yrs. old.

Hamonic coming off a $3,857,143 multi yr. deal. 30yrs. old.

Way too much will be paid to these players. They are still there cause things aren't as rosy right now. Will still get too much.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They need youth back there Gohmert. Targets should be Bean, Cernak, Fleury, Devon Toews etc. They have old goats in Edler, Benn and Myers. We have one good defensive prospect that may have a chance to play next year in Ratbones. Woo looks ok, but both need some serious seasoning in the AHL. The rest of the young guys on the back end from Utica is a blob of shit, which pretty much every team can match.

LMFAO Bob the Moj the fat fuck just said the reason the OEL trade fell apart is because the Canucks wouldn’t include Juolevi. Those six minutes musta sealed the deal. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am They need youth back there Gohmert. Targets should be Bean, Cernak, Fleury, Devon Toews etc. They have old goats in Edler, Benn and Myers. We have one good defensive prospect that may have a chance to play next year in Ratbones. Woo looks ok, but both need some serious seasoning in the AHL. The rest of the young guys on the back end from Utica is a blob of shit, which pretty much every team can match.

LMFAO Bob the Moj the fat fuck just said the reason the OEL trade fell apart is because the Canucks wouldn’t include Juolevi. Those six minutes musta sealed the deal. :lol:
You have a weird love obsession with Bean and Fleury and a peculiar hate obsession with Juolevi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:46 am Yuck.... Vatanen and Hamonic are Stecher level players at this point and they will both get paid a hell of a lot more. No thanks. Explore the trade route Elmer.
Vatanen coming off a $4,875,000 multi yr. deal. 29yrs. old.

Hamonic coming off a $3,857,143 multi yr. deal. 30yrs. old.

Way too much will be paid to these players. They are still there cause things aren't as rosy right now. Will still get too much.
Hamonic was a heart and soul guy for the Flames. He would be a good addition for the Canucks, depending upon the price.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am They need youth back there Gohmert. Targets should be Bean, Cernak, Fleury, Devon Toews etc. They have old goats in Edler, Benn and Myers. We have one good defensive prospect that may have a chance to play next year in Ratbones. Woo looks ok, but both need some serious seasoning in the AHL. The rest of the young guys on the back end from Utica is a blob of shit, which pretty much every team can match.

You have a weird love obsession with Bean and Fleury and a peculiar hate obsession with Juolevi
You have a weird obsession with constantly referring to Jake Wise and Travis Hamonic. One guy I referred to as; “he will be a stud” in 2012, one time. The other guy I mentioned once in Wise who you have 200 posts about. Not sure “weird obsession” is a road you want to travel down. :lol:

All four of the guys I mentioned are leaps and bounds better than Olaf.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Wonder why the Isles are stalling on Devon Toews ? Arbitration I guess. They are well stocked though. There could be a deal there?
I like what Jake can bring when his mind is in the game but if he and Green aint ever gonna co-exist?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hate both, but not a bargain...Juolevi-Vataten - duo of the Fin year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:18 pm
Would be a bottom pairing at best on a a decent team
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 am

You have a weird obsession with constantly referring to Jake Wise and Travis Hamonic. One guy I referred to as; “he will be a stud” in 2012, one time. The other guy I mentioned once in Wise who you have 200 posts about. Not sure “weird obsession” is a road you want to travel down. :lol:

All four of the guys I mentioned are leaps and bounds better than Olaf.
“Bean and Fleury are leaps and bounds better than Olaf”

Gold Jerry! Gold!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:21 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:18 pm
Would be a bottom pairing at best on a a decent team
a Juolevi-Vatenen duo is Cup winning team
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:34 pm
Tciso wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:29 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:47 am
theman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 am How much do we actually save by shoving Baer and Loui in the minors? 1 mil each?
They get 1,075,000 off the cap each when they are sent down, but really they wouldn’t save much because their roster spots would have to be filled with someone, and even the cheapest players make close to a million. Right now Benning has around 4m with 22 of 23 roster spots filled to get a defensemen without trading someone away.
Basically, we can send them to Utica for free, as long as we bring up a Ute to replace them. So, as long as we want rookies, having those 2 sucking up cap doesn't hurt. And, given the glut of potential NHLers in Utica, this might be the perfect season to cycle the Utes through the lineup and see which of the turds stick
You know if you send them down to Utica someone could claim them off waivers.
<maniacal laughter deleted>
They both have a better chance of dying from Covid than getting scooped off of waivers
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!