Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm Someone send the mafia to negotiate a deal for Eriksson to retire and Baertschi to terminate his contract lol.
There is no “mafia” in Vancouver
More like triads?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Are we supposing that the initial free agent signings were either necessary (Holtby) or itchy trigger fingers (Calgary Toronto) and that the smart money is waiting to see where peitrangelo and Hall end up before circling back to the Toffoli’s and Fantenbergs and all the other lessers ?

Cause that sounds kinda smart to me?
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:18 am Are we supposing that the initial free agent signings were either necessary (Holtby) or itchy trigger fingers (Calgary Toronto) and that the smart money is waiting to see where peitrangelo and Hall end up before circling back to the Toffoli’s and Fantenbergs and all the other lessers ?

Cause that sounds kinda smart to me?
The other variable to consider is that if you think Travis prefers veterans to youngsters (my view), then this may force the issue. Not saying you want all of Chatfield, Juolevi and the others on the farm to be up in the NHL because with the exception of Juolevi, I don't think we'll be amazed by Rafferty/Chatfield/Brisebois, but Stetcher at least may have blocked upcoming talent as I think we saw all we were going to see there.

Granted, Tanev is widely recognised defensively and his loss will be felt more than Stecher's. There's a place for people who can keep the puck out of the net. Who knows though, maybe Hughes thrives in that space with the extra opportunity that he'll surely get.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm Someone send the mafia to negotiate a deal for Eriksson to retire and Baertschi to terminate his contract lol.
There is no “mafia” in Vancouver
Guess JP Barry of CAA Hockey is worthless in the political game then, it's a shame really, can't be a GM, can't be anything if he can't move a eriksson contract, the one he negotiated with, now his client is stuck no where land, team can't afford him, team can't re-sign key players, team lost out many key players, team want's Eriksson gone, team wants him in the AHL, team is done with him.

JP Barry: "Hey I got you that contract, not my problem you suck at hockey!".

Eriksson: "Well I'm stuck in no man's land, contract sucks for other teams, & Travis Green doesn't play me in key situations now (vegas series) missed 6- of 7 games...

I'm guessing with the owners permission Travis Green will treat Loui Eriksson like shit, won't play him, nothing, JP Barry and LE will throw a fit - but it's just bullshit...all a show. LE will either have to retire or sitout and then get disqualified.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

My brief forray into the canucks twitter world is over. What a giant gurgling pool of snot that is holy fuck.

One concern, when did Vancouver become the epicentre for idiocy? It appears that between the twitter and HF boards, almost nobody can appreciate the work that one of the better management units in the NHL have done and give them a chance to continue doing. How can it be so hard to see what we have in canucksland is one of the better organizations league wide?

Sorry to say this but Vancouver is now worse than Cowgrease and approaching torontoilet levels of moronica
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BingoTough wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 am
The other variable to consider is that if you think Travis prefers veterans to youngsters (my view), then this may force the issue. Not saying you want all of Chatfield, Juolevi and the others on the farm to be up in the NHL because with the exception of Juolevi, I don't think we'll be amazed by Rafferty/Chatfield/Brisebois, but Stetcher at least may have blocked upcoming talent as I think we saw all we were going to see there.
Who wouldn’t prefer veterans to Juolevi, Chatfield, Brisebois and Cafferty? Those guys all suck shit.You are correct though, none of us will be amazed by any of these guys.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

JP Berry will never be apart of the Canucks.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:32 am JP Berry will never be apart of the Canucks.
Good to know
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:31 am Those guys all suck shit.
“Just that easy folks” - Shell Bussey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

FFS lol what - what type of bullshit is the family spending here ahaha.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 am
You think they don’t suck shit?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:50 am FFS lol what - what type of bullshit is the family spending here ahaha.
KkfhjskdjfjdkfigilllsdjgncjrofockckkdkPppddddjjjdjrhfhrurjfkc
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:02 am My brief forray into the canucks twitter world is over. What a giant gurgling pool of snot that is holy fuck.

One concern, when did Vancouver become the epicentre for idiocy? It appears that between the twitter and HF boards, almost nobody can appreciate the work that one of the better management units in the NHL have done and give them a chance to continue doing. How can it be so hard to see what we have in canucksland is one of the better organizations league wide?

Sorry to say this but Vancouver is now worse than Cowgrease and approaching torontoilet levels of moronica
I avoid a lot of that but figured it would get pretty entertaining. With respect to HF, I'd imagine the crowd there would have crucified Benning for signing Tanev and Markstrom to the contracts they ended up getting so now they get to crucify him for not doing it. The end result was going to be the same for them regardless. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Benning had said for a while they had to upgrade the defense and it wasn't going to be Hughes, Edler, or Myers so how can it be a surprise when Tanev and Stecher are out? Plus it sounds like he didn't have much contact with their agents over a period of time, the writing was clearly on the wall, but the mistake he made with those two was circling back to them after OEL and a couple other things fell apart and that's a poor look.

My issue is the lack of preparation. They knew they needed to move on from Tanev, Stecher, and also ultimately Edler and haven't prepared. Since Benning took over they've had 12 picks in the first two rounds and only selected defensemen three times despite the glaring need and only one of those were right side. Then this past year he gave up assets to get two more forwards in Miller and Toffoli when they should have used some of those to target a RHD instead of, say, Toffoli. Both good players and good additions but were they both necessary at the expense of the defense? Anyway, dead horse and all. lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:54 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 am
You think they don’t suck shit?
No. Your findings are baseless
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:02 am My brief forray into the canucks twitter world is over. What a giant gurgling pool of snot that is holy fuck.

I avoid a lot of that but figured it would get pretty entertaining. With respect to HF, I'd imagine the crowd there would have crucified Benning for signing Tanev and Markstrom to the contracts they ended up getting so now they get to crucify him for not doing it. The end result was going to be the same for them regardless. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Benning had said for a while they had to upgrade the defense and it wasn't going to be Hughes, Edler, or Myers so how can it be a surprise when Tanev and Stecher are out? Plus it sounds like he didn't have much contact with their agents over a period of time, the writing was clearly on the wall, but the mistake he made with those two was circling back to them after OEL and a couple other things fell apart and that's a poor look.

My issue is the lack of preparation. They knew they needed to move on from Tanev, Stecher, and also ultimately Edler and haven't prepared. Since Benning took over they've had 12 picks in the first two rounds and only selected defensemen three times despite the glaring need and only one of those were right side. Then this past year he gave up assets to get two more forwards in Miller and Toffoli when they should have used some of those to target a RHD instead of, say, Toffoli. Both good players and good additions but were they both necessary at the expense of the defense? Anyway, dead horse and all. lol
Who is this Tony Rigatone on Twitter? He’s all over JD Burke, Blake Price, Thomas Drance.