Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

dangler wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 pm If things stay as is we could go into next year looking something like this:

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Roussel Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Eriksson Bailey

Hughes Myers
Edler Benn
Juolevi Chatfield

Rafferty

Demko
Holtby

I could handle that lineup for a year standing on my head. I'll be staying on the bandwagon, who's with me?
You say that now, but after a short time i'm positive you would be disappointed in the RS D
Me? Disappointed? In that right side?

Bwahahahahahahaaaaa..........
el rey del mambo
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:23 pm Me? Disappointed? In that right side?

yup. Can see it in your body language and tone-of-voice already.
Not mad......just dissapointed
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

dangler wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:44 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:23 pm Me? Disappointed? In that right side?

yup. Can see it in your body language and tone-of-voice already.
Not mad......just dissapointed
lol. Look at it this way, maybe this is the year 'The Big Stork' Tyler Myers comes into his own and becomes a defensive beast and a mentor for Quinn Hughes.

He be chewing up so many hard minutes there's nothing left but a little bit of gravy for Benn and Chatty to mop up.

This could be the Cool Hand Jim plan ;)
el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm Doylie and Gomie like 'em tight I guess...
Skin tags, are nothing more than Gomer's piles.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 pm If things stay as is we could go into next year looking something like this:

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Roussel Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Eriksson Bailey

Hughes Myers
Edler Benn
Juolevi Chatfield

Rafferty

Demko
Holtby

I could handle that lineup for a year standing on my head. I'll be staying on the bandwagon, who's with me?
Motte should move up to third and at some point before too long, a home can be found for Beagle that isn't on the roster. He is deplorable.

That defense as it sits, (even healthy all year), doesn't get this team in the playoffs. That's one good pairing. No way Jordie Benn can handle
a condensed 82 game campaign on the second pairing.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Micky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Roussel Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Eriksson Bailey

Hughes Myers
Edler Benn
Juolevi Chatfield

Rafferty

Demko
Holtby

Motte should move up to third and at some point before too long, a home can be found for Beagle that isn't on the roster. He is deplorable.

That defense as it sits, (even healthy all year), doesn't get this team in the playoffs. That's one good pairing. No way Jordie Benn can handle
a condensed 82 game campaign on the second pairing.
Beagle's value shone through in the playoffs. Great on face-offs, great on PK and played a strong defensive game. Is he overpaid? Ya he is but he is not worthless. He was never brought in to produce points.
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Sorry I must have been sleeping... Fantenberg ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Roussel Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Eriksson Bailey

Hughes Myers
Edler Benn
Juolevi Chatfield

Rafferty

Demko
Holtby

Perfectly fine by me. Let’s get through what I am calling the Covid Season of hockey with that lineup and go as we go as the bad contracts on replacement players start ti fall

The first to fall after the “Covid Season” will be:

Sutter
Pearson
Edler
Benn
Baertschi

The 3 forwards (as I 3 cause of Baertschi) will be replaced entirely with very good prospects on ELC contracts - Lind, Podkolzin and Hoglander. Who knows, maybe Lockwood surprises in his rookie camp

Edler and Benn will be rolled out as Tryamkin rolls in and hopefully Juolevi continues with his development and Rathbone surprises us in his rookie year. Hell, maybe Woo surprises us as well

The top 4 D situation will be worked out as the Covid Season moves along but I honestly feel that they want to leave that door open for Tryamkin and not hamper the Cap with another big contract for a quick fix top 4 D-man
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There will be an asset added to the top 4 defense Chef. Its not even a question of if but rather who.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 am There will be an asset added to the top 4 defense Chef. Its not even a question of if but rather who.
There will have to be by the start of the season. The games will be condensed and Green is a competitive coach who will dump mega minutes on
his best players. Hughes is his best defense man. Then Edler and Myers. That's why a replacement for Tanev and the minutes he ate up, is imperative.
I think we're fine on bottom pairing - ers.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 am There will be an asset added to the top 4 defense Chef. Its not even a question of if but rather who.
Are you sure about that? It seems to me that the brass has concluded that the books need a good cleaning and with the uncertainty of this upcoming “Covid” season, they may use it as a year of shedding bad contracts and not adding more. They got two massive contacts they have to sign next summer. Even with getting rid of all of Edler, Sutter, Benn, Pearson, Baertschi, Spooner, it’s not enough especially if factor in that those players have to be replaced with contracts. I gather they may be hoping The cap doesn’t stay flat after next season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am
Are you sure about that?
The play for OEL tells us this is the game plan
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The two pisser contracts that are annoying right now are Baertschi and Ferland.
Sven has attitude problems and doesn't like the roughness of the NHL game. He's got skills but can't help thinking he found Utica a fun place to play
and collect his NHL level paycheck.

Ferland is working hard, not feeling symptoms and has aspirations of starting the season. Ya, right! Retire, man.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:51 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Roussel Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Eriksson Bailey

Hughes Myers
Edler Benn
Juolevi Chatfield

Rafferty

Demko
Holtby

Of course, I might not have any choice. lol
It could actually be kind of a fun ride. Going to be a short one too. Only a sissy couldn't handle it.

For us lifers it's a cakewalk.
If you survived the Tom Watt/Jack Gordon years you can survive anything but I will be counting on your positive energy to help pull us through.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah - "Oh no! We don't have Tanev!! Stetcher's gone!! Markstrom's GONE! AHHHhhhhhh" - yeah, we'll miss Tanev's steady presence when he wasn't injured - Stetcher is easily replaced by a bigger body - and goaltending is set. We'll have another top 4 before the season starts.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."