Need a Stones ticket

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

VancouverBall
AHL Prospect

Need a Stones ticket

Post by VancouverBall »

I need a single ticket for the Stones, on the Floor or lower part of Level 2. Please PM me.....
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

There's about 40,000 left for the Halifax show on Saturday. But I'm guessing that's not an option :P
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

The stones man? C'mon...awful.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

You know its funny. halifax was so jealous that moncton got a big concert last year they had to do the same this year. Except they get the same band! Not surprisingly ticket sales have been soft. The promoter won't say so of course.However, given when tickets went on sale they expected 60,000 to sell the first day and for 100,000 people to attend to show and they are currently at about 35,000-40,000 a day before the show it's shaping up to be a colossal failure. I'm sure money will be made and 50,000 isn't too shabby but it's a far cry what they had planned when the city shelled out big bucks to get the Rolling Stones here.

Maybe they should have tried for someone else that didn't play in the maritimes 14 months ago. The other problem of course is that most Stones fans are well old and they don't want to stand outside for a concert. And certainly not after doing it not so long ago.
spudpicker
AHL Prospect

Post by spudpicker »

Yeah it's pretty sad... must be some big brains behind that operation.. only so many Stones fans in the maritimes. I lived in Moncton last year when they were there last year, me and 15 of my best beer drinkin buddies all went and had the time of our lives from dusk till dawn.. I had free tickets to the Hali concert and a flight over and back from PEI offered to me today... I won't be obliging haha... been there, done that... a year late and a 50,000 poeple short... who'da thunk it? Just about everyone is my guess.. shoulda got U2...
'Before you can win, you gotta figure out why you're losing.'

Bill Parcells
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The reports Saturday night and Sunday morning had the attendance between 45,000-50,000. Magically by last night that number was 60,000.

I don't believe it. No way they got 20,000 walk ups on day everyone knew would be pissing down rain in the afternoon and evening. And believe me it was pissing down rain. I was soaked on the 30 second walk from the car to the movie theater.