Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich; who would you rather listen to

Pratt and Taylor
47%
Marjanovich
53%

Total votes: 30

Grapes
AHL Prospect

Post by Grapes »

pratt seems to think it's only his opinion that counts, so its good to have taylor there to knock him down and keep a sense of humor.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Grapes wrote:pratt seems to think it's only his opinion that counts, so its good to have taylor there to knock him down and keep a sense of humor.
Too bad Taylor has been agreeing too much with Pratt...e.g. the Bertuzzi situation.

RJ
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

You know I'm really enjoying Taylor and Foxman. Foxman's got attitude without being a Prick like Pratt.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:You know I'm really enjoying Taylor and Foxman. Foxman's got attitude without being a Prick like Pratt.
Foxman knows sports a lot more than I thought he did....did he ever do sportspage??
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Yeah, Foxman did Sportspage in the late stages at City, and when they moved over to Global. He also teaches Sports Journalism Tuesday night at BCIT with Perry Solkowski.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Have you noticed that Rick Dhaliwal is really the big goofball amongst the sports media community?

Lex

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Dhaliwal's got a ton of respect within the old sports boy's club because he's a hard worker. But on the flip side, I've heard he's a real pain in the ass to work for though, because he's too "off the wall" at times. And at times can't remember what he tells his reporters to work on.

Never met the guy, but I also hear that Jeff Leyland follows him around like a puppy on a leash.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:Dhaliwal's got a ton of respect within the old sports boy's club because he's a hard worker. But on the flip side, I've heard he's a real pain in the ass to work for though, because he's too "off the wall" at times. And at times can't remember what he tells his reporters to work on.

Never met the guy, but I also hear that Jeff Leyland follows him around like a puppy on a leash.
I know he gets along quite well with guys like JP Maconell.

Lex

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

So Pratt, excluding the ones that we've mentioned over and over. Who else do you think are good anchors/reporters on radio or T.V.?
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:So Pratt, excluding the ones that we've mentioned over and over. Who else do you think are good anchors/reporters on radio or T.V.?
Squire Barnes

Sattelite Debris
If a man can remember what he worried about last week, he has a very good memory.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:So Pratt, excluding the ones that we've mentioned over and over. Who else do you think are good anchors/reporters on radio or T.V.?
JJ from Sportspage is really good. Lee Powell is very underrated. Jeff Patterson is pretty good as well and needs a chance.
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

I like Jay Durant from the Page. I find him quite witty. Same as weekend sports guy at CTV, Craig Nielson. Kathy Kovacs is pretty good, so is Parry Silcowski. And so is Sara Oarlesky from the SCORE.

Who I can't stand watching are City T.V.'s Mike Bow. Barry Delay, Squire Barnes, or Dan Elliott.

In radio, I like from NW JP McConnell Jeff Patterson, Rick Quinnton. From WX, Scott Russell and Dave Churnachan, The Team, Dhaliwal and Koveeoss.

On radio, I can't stand JEFF LEYLAND from the Team, Paul Wiser or that weekend guy from WX who sounds like a real rookie, Everyone at Mojo, except Travis Goodman.

My two cents on who I enjoy and who I don't.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:
On radio, I can't stand JEFF LEYLAND from the Team, Paul Wiser or that weekend guy from WX who sounds like a real rookie, Everyone at Mojo, except Travis Goodman.

My two cents on who I enjoy and who I don't.
Is Leyland that bad? I've met him a few times - he is a bit snotty but......??

JJ
Fast Eddie
AHL Prospect

Post by Fast Eddie »

Pick my nose.....some interesting selections on who you like and don't

I do wonder what you hear from boring Jeff Paterson or deep fake voice Rick Quinton...that is any better than the updatse from Paul Wiser on WX or Leyland? Does he realllysound that bad on the TEAM.?

I guess we have different opinions and that why were here talking but I do agree Barry Deley, Dan Elliott and Mike Bow arent' great...but Leyland doesn't belong with them..he's still new at it with a few years to improve? I don't mide his read at all. Guys like JP Mconnel and Mccrae are solid, but they've had 2 or 3 decades to practice.
[img]lthumb.sge.gfw62.161104000714.photo00.photo[/img]
Fast Eddie
AHL Prospect

Post by Fast Eddie »

I did forget to mention how good Shane Foxman sounds with Taylor and Gallagher.....Pratt might be out of a job..

Nose Picker you mentioned that a few of your buddies are in the media...did they make your good or not good list...

Also Chernichan and Russel I have heard on 1130...do you really think they have a good grasp of the sports world and in Vancouver?
[img]lthumb.sge.gfw62.161104000714.photo00.photo[/img]