The smoke starts to clear, Bertuzzi

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

The smoke starts to clear, Bertuzzi

Post by Fred »

If I heard correct on MoJo Bertuzzi's civil suits are extremely limited if Bert lives in Florida ie similar to OJ's civil suit, he avoids some of the suit and severly limits Moores chance of making a big coupe

If thats the case, then DN gets kudos for Luongo trade under those conditions
cheers
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

There was an article today from back east saying basically the Canucks & Bertuzzi are starting to turn on each other a bit....this could possibly work against Moore as much as it could work for him.....now there could be 3 different 'official' stories to be worked out in court. Also of note, this would NOT have happened if Bertuzzi was still a Canuck...I wonder if this is occuring because he's now on a different team...OR did this start to unravel thus forcing Nonis' hand to make a move before the dirty laundry was aired? Sort of the chicken & the egg deal.
havril
CC Rookie

Post by havril »

If I heard correct on MoJo Bertuzzi's civil suits are extremely limited if Bert lives in Florida ie similar to OJ's civil suit, he avoids some of the suit and severly limits Moores chance of making a big coupe

I don't think anybody "avoids" any part of the lawsuit because of Bert moving to Fla. Now that he's off the team, it's easier for he and the team to have 'antagonistic' defences -- i.e. to blame eachother -- as they've apparently done, but his being in Florida now doesn't make him any less likely to be found liable if this goes to trial.

It might mean that Moore has to jump through a few more hoops to collect on any judgment he might win, but that's another matter.

This thing won't go to trial for years, and I'm thinking it will settle before then.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

havril wrote:

I don't think anybody "avoids" any part of the lawsuit because of Bert moving to Fla. Now that he's off the team, it's easier for he and the team to have 'antagonistic' defences -- i.e. to blame eachother -- as they've apparently done, but his being in Florida now doesn't make him any less likely to be found liable if this goes to trial.

It might mean that Moore has to jump through a few more hoops to collect on any judgment he might win, but that's another matter.

This thing won't go to trial for years, and I'm thinking it will settle before then.
Well it just might if 1040 is correct.....thats why OJ moved there after losing a $45 million civil suit.....has something to do w/ kids under 18 and not having to pay until they've grown up etc. I'm not sure, only going by the yammering on the radio.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

havril wrote:It might mean that Moore has to jump through a few more hoops to collect on any judgment he might win, but that's another matter.
Sounds good to me. I hope his lawyers eat whatever he wins.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

I believe that in Florida all future earnings are exempt from civil settlements. That's why OJ moved there - so he could live off his NFL pension without having to pay anything. Same deal would go for Bertuzzi I assume.... interesting topic.....
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: The smoke starts to clear, Bertuzzi

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Fred wrote:If I heard correct on MoJo
Mojo? Who are they? :roll:

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
clangan
AHL Prospect

Post by clangan »

Pratt,

that picture kills me. I can't help chuckling every time I see it. Any chance we can get another one with you in full cougar hunting form?

:roll:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

clangan wrote:Pratt,

that picture kills me. I can't help chuckling every time I see it. Any chance we can get another one with you in full cougar hunting form?

I don't know if you are aware of this, but I've put five different photos of myself. I keep rotating them all the time. SRsez pm'd me and asked me to put my best photo on here, so I didn't want to disappoint him.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
clangan wrote:Pratt,

I don't know if you are aware of this, but I've put five different photos of myself. I keep rotating them all the time. SRsez pm'd me and asked me to put my best photo on here, so I didn't want to disappoint him.

dp
Well no, I really didn't pm you, but I love that picture. Fat, ugly & stupid looking, just a prime example of the greatness that is the Idiot(tm).
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Does this mean Bertuzzi won't come back to Vancouver as free agent now? ;)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Tukaram wrote:Does this mean Bertuzzi won't come back to Vancouver as free agent now? ;)
I think Todd Bertuzzi played his last game in Vancouver this past season. Todd needs to move on.

dp