Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:31 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm Expansion draft bros Canucks and Sabres could possibly swing a fair deal for both sides.
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

The Sabres are still looking for a top-six scoring forward. GM Botterill wants a player with term; my understanding is he's willing to swap talent for talent and could move one of their D (Ristolainen, Montour or Miller) as part of a deal if he can find that forward.
July30: John Vogl: “I’d be surprised if Brandon Montour suits up for the Buffalo Sabres again. As an RFA w/ Arb rights he’s in line for $4M+ AAV. With Ristolainen, Jokiharju, Miller, Borgen at RHD, money can be better spent elsewhere. Not enough bang for the buck @ $3.4M, let alone more”
JV+ to Buffalo for a right side dman.
Colin Miller works for me. Someone here was throwing his name about as a target before he went to buffalo if i recall
Yeah the team could use his heavy shot on the point & he has a good two-way game.
After re-reading that it sounds like its Montour who would be up for grabs not Miller though. He was a pretty good young up and coming dman with the ducks but 4 mill? I have a feeling hes a bit of a troy stetcher more than anything.

Would Troy resign in van for 1-1.5? Thats where he should be not anything that starts with a 2. If hes unrealistic with his self worth then i can see him pricing himslef out of the NHL in a hurry
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm Jimmy snuck in a hint saying it could be a young player who gets traded? Around the same time he mentions how much he likes the depth on Defence coming up the pipeline - Juolevi, Chatfield, Rathbone, Rafferty. Seems to think all 4 are ready. I bet it’s Stecher who gets dealt “young guy” or Virtanen.
All four are ready for sure. Absolutely 100 %. I’d be shocked if they weren’t all up for multiple Norris trophies. I wonder if they will flip Hughes.
:lol:

I really want to see what we have in Jew-Levi again though. He shocked me with how well he played....
Don’t be like Doyle, the book IS NOT written on Olli
Not sure how you misinterpret my post as anything other than complimentary to OJ.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm Jimmy snuck in a hint saying it could be a young player who gets traded? Around the same time he mentions how much he likes the depth on Defence coming up the pipeline - Juolevi, Chatfield, Rathbone, Rafferty. Seems to think all 4 are ready. I bet it’s Stecher who gets dealt “young guy” or Virtanen.
All four are ready for sure. Absolutely 100 %. I’d be shocked if they weren’t all up for multiple Norris trophies. I wonder if they will flip Hughes.

I really want to see what we have in Jew-Levi again though. He shocked me with how well he played....
No the book isn't finished but it is with the editors and so far it does not look like a best seller. They are currently hopping to just recover the cost of paying the author, binding the books and sending to Indigo's throughout the world.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 am

No the book isn't finished but it is with the editors and so far it does not look like a best seller. They are currently hopping to just recover the cost of paying the author, binding the books and sending to Indigo's throughout the world.
This is wrong, Juolevi has said this last camp was the first time in over a year he has been able to play and skate without pain. His ceiling is still there as a stud top 4 minute muncher. Don’t buy into the bs surrounding this guy.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Motte is a guy, I hope they find a way to resign. What a worker in the playoffs.

Jim Benning made reference to maybe having to move on from some youngish players because of the lower cap.
Think Stecher is one for sure. Possibly Guadette.

Sure sounds like at least two players already in the system will be part of the D-core next year if they have their way..
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 am

This is wrong, Juolevi has said this last camp was the first time in over a year he has been able to play and skate without pain. His ceiling is still there as a stud top 4 minute muncher. Don’t buy into the bs surrounding this guy.
He looked like a confident and capable NHL dman coming out of this camp. That bodes well for the Bennaplan
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Micky wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:42 am Motte is a guy, I hope they find a way to resign. What a worker in the playoffs.

Jim Benning made reference to maybe having to move on from some youngish players because of the lower cap.
Think Stecher is one for sure. Possibly Guadette.

Sure sounds like at least two players already in the system will be part of the D-core next year if they have their way..
I think Gaudette has more upside than Virtanen at this point. And hopefully a pretty poor playoff showing by both guys gives Benning some bargaining leverage.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

With our winger depth, next year I wanna see miller center a line. I think petey is at the point where he can center and carry his own line. This should free up miller to center the second line and bo center the third line. We could legit run a vegas like rotation with that center depth. All three of bo, miller, and petey can handle top competition so this should really help out deployment. Convert gaudette to wing, sign toffoli, keep jake and we’re off to the races.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 am With our winger depth, next year I wanna see miller center a line. I think petey is at the point where he can center and carry his own line. This should free up miller to center the second line and bo center the third line. We could legit run a vegas like rotation with that center depth. All three of bo, miller, and petey can handle top competition so this should really help out deployment. Convert gaudette to wing, sign toffoli, keep jake and we’re off to the races.
I’ve mentioned this before, put Miller at centre and go with a top 9. Most the league has adapted the top 9 model.

The future

Hoglander Petey Podkolzin
Virtanen Miller Lind
Xxxxxxx Horvat Boeser
Motte Gaudette MacEwan

Lockwood
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:15 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 am With our winger depth, next year I wanna see miller center a line. I think petey is at the point where he can center and carry his own line. This should free up miller to center the second line and bo center the third line. We could legit run a vegas like rotation with that center depth. All three of bo, miller, and petey can handle top competition so this should really help out deployment. Convert gaudette to wing, sign toffoli, keep jake and we’re off to the races.
I’ve mentioned this before, put Miller at centre and go with a top 9. Most the league has adapted the top 9 model.

The future

Hoglander Petey Podkolzin
Virtanen Miller Lind
Xxxxxxx Horvat Boeser
Motte Gaudette MacEwan

Lockwood
Great minds think alike ;)
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Can’t see Lind being top six or Hoglander being top line any time soon. Way too optimistic. More likely Hoglander is the next Dahlen than he is a top line left winger. Podkolzin I can see, but I doubt Hoglander develops that kind of speed. If he becomes a second line winger in a couple season, he will have done well.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 am

I certainly hope so but this next season is his time to show what he has.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The 4 horseman of Bennings 20/21 cap apocalypse are Sutter Eriksson Beagle and Roussel. After the teams terrific showing this summer, who of these 4 could draw trade interest?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

‘Let’s take out best winger and make a centre out of him. :lol: We already have two excellent centres but one of them was drafted by Mike Gillis so he should be on the third line.’ :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:50 am ‘Let’s take out best winger and make a centre out of him. :lol: We already have two excellent centres but one of them was drafted by Mike Gillis so he should be on the third line.’ :lol:
Horvat and Boeser gonna be playing with the X factor. :lol:
"evolution"