Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning has come out and said he won’t trade a 1st or 2nd round pick to get rid of a contract. Mentions he wants to recoup picks
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:34 pm For Jim's demeanor? For me, that's none too happy. Everybody hears things different.
"damned pissed"... "none too happy"

What the fuck Micky! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

JB is just a bit grumpy because he couldn't get his favorite jet black Just For Men hair dye while in the bubble.

He had to sit there on camera with Travis and answer questions with his roots showing.
Try to focus on THIS year...
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:37 pm
Meds wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:19 pm Jimmy damned pissed at Jake though. Not sure if that means Bye or I'll give ya a nickle.. :lol:
Link?

The one time you don’t have a link?
OK - I admit I laughed at this.

Mick - JB is just talking about a player who he thought could do more, he is not damned pissed or even remotely sounds like it. He could have raked JV over the coals but his comments were well thought out.
It also sets up jake and his agent to not expect a big payday.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm Jimmy snuck in a hint saying it could be a young player who gets traded? Around the same time he mentions how much he likes the depth on Defence coming up the pipeline - Juolevi, Chatfield, Rathbone, Rafferty. Seems to think all 4 are ready. I bet it’s Stecher who gets dealt “young guy” or Virtanen.
Expansion draft bros Canucks and Sabres could possibly swing a fair deal for both sides.
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

The Sabres are still looking for a top-six scoring forward. GM Botterill wants a player with term; my understanding is he's willing to swap talent for talent and could move one of their D (Ristolainen, Montour or Miller) as part of a deal if he can find that forward.
July30: John Vogl: “I’d be surprised if Brandon Montour suits up for the Buffalo Sabres again. As an RFA w/ Arb rights he’s in line for $4M+ AAV. With Ristolainen, Jokiharju, Miller, Borgen at RHD, money can be better spent elsewhere. Not enough bang for the buck @ $3.4M, let alone more”
JV+ to Buffalo for a right side dman.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm Jimmy snuck in a hint saying it could be a young player who gets traded? Around the same time he mentions how much he likes the depth on Defence coming up the pipeline - Juolevi, Chatfield, Rathbone, Rafferty. Seems to think all 4 are ready. I bet it’s Stecher who gets dealt “young guy” or Virtanen.
All four are ready for sure. Absolutely 100 %. I’d be shocked if they weren’t all up for multiple Norris trophies. I wonder if they will flip Hughes.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm
Expansion draft bros Canucks and Sabres could possibly swing a fair deal for both sides.
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

The Sabres are still looking for a top-six scoring forward. GM Botterill wants a player with term; my understanding is he's willing to swap talent for talent and could move one of their D (Ristolainen, Montour or Miller) as part of a deal if he can find that forward.
July30: John Vogl: “I’d be surprised if Brandon Montour suits up for the Buffalo Sabres again. As an RFA w/ Arb rights he’s in line for $4M+ AAV. With Ristolainen, Jokiharju, Miller, Borgen at RHD, money can be better spent elsewhere. Not enough bang for the buck @ $3.4M, let alone more”
Colin Miller works for me. Someone here was throwing his name about as a target before he went to buffalo if i recall
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:56 pm
All four are ready for sure. Absolutely 100 %. I’d be shocked if they weren’t all up for multiple Norris trophies. I wonder if they will flip Hughes.
:lol:

I really want to see what we have in Jew-Levi again though. He shocked me with how well he played....
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think Jake will be a good grab for another team if he is traded. He probably would benefit from a different coach who doesn’t default Jake to checking lines with Beagle. A new start away from the lower mainland would be good for him. If he is traded hopefully the Canucks fill their right side D hole well.
We are all Jim Benning.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm Expansion draft bros Canucks and Sabres could possibly swing a fair deal for both sides.
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

Colin Miller works for me. Someone here was throwing his name about as a target before he went to buffalo if i recall
Yeah the team could use his heavy shot on the point & he has a good two-way game.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm

I really want to see what we have in Jew-Levi again though. He shocked me with how well he played....
Don’t be like Doyle, the book IS NOT written on Olli
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

Ristolainen has the same issues as Virtanen. But really not sure how we can take on big contracts unless we are not signing Toffoli and one of Markstrom it Tanev. With Hughes and Pettersson’s potentially $10 million per type contracts coming not sure it’s wise to take on big contracts. Getting rid of some is the no. 1 priority
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:41 pm I think Jake will be a good grab for another team if he is traded. He probably would benefit from a different coach who doesn’t default Jake to checking lines with Beagle. A new start away from the lower mainland would be good for him. If he is traded hopefully the Canucks fill their right side D hole well.
Yeah with how deep we are on the right side, IF we sign Toffoli, then Jake moving out is looking more and more possible. But I think that remains to be seen, we need to know what happens to Markstrom, Tanev and Toffol first, I suppose.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:31 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm Expansion draft bros Canucks and Sabres could possibly swing a fair deal for both sides.
David Pagnotta Feb 2020:

Yeah the team could use his heavy shot on the point & he has a good two-way game.
After re-reading that it sounds like its Montour who would be up for grabs not Miller though. He was a pretty good young up and coming dman with the ducks but 4 mill? I have a feeling hes a bit of a troy stetcher more than anything.

Would Troy resign in van for 1-1.5? Thats where he should be not anything that starts with a 2. If hes unrealistic with his self worth then i can see him pricing himslef out of the NHL in a hurry
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Don’t be like Doyle, the book IS NOT written on Olli
Not sure how you misinterpret my post as anything other than complimentary to OJ.