Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm Barrie gonna be cashing in. Even in these difficult times, that there D-man is going for gold. Forget it! Hughes is better and 20 yrs old.
Old man TB gonna be 30. Be wanting 8 and probably settling for 7 with term.
What Quinn Hughes does so well, just makes these other guys more valuable if you think about it..
Micky you’re waaaaay off on what Barrie is gonna get.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If somebody pays Barrie $8 million per they should be shot
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:26 pm If somebody pays Barrie $8 million per they should be shot
Unless it’s Toronto, Edmonton, or Calgary. In the case we give them a medal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:26 pm If somebody pays Barrie $8 million per they should be shot
Unless it’s Toronto, Edmonton, or Calgary. In the case we give them a medal.
I could see Ken “I should retire” Holland throwing big bucks at Barrie with what’s going on with how hot shot young D-men are taking over the league. The Oilers fucked up by drafting a Lead Foot in Bouchard and a Sbisa nincompoop in Broberg.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:30 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:32 pm
It will depend upon what Jake's agent is seeking.

If it's another short-term deal at $3M or less you keep him. He's a wild card, and in a bottom-6 role the kid can be a game changer that other teams just can't counter because suddenly he shows up and plays like a first line power forward and they have no plan B.

But he will need to have a very big game tonight and then tomorrow if we survive.
He's a better skating Jim Sandlak at this point whatever that is worth. If they re-sign Toffoli they'll have to decide whether they want to continue to wait on Virtanen to be the player he "could" be or hedge the bet on Boeser and whether he'll be worth in the vicinity of the big qualifying offer he's due in a couple years. What's the more likely scenario, Virtanen being that player or Boeser returning to his rookie form?

A signed Toffoli, Boeser, Virtanen, Podkolzin, and MacEwen available for the top three RW spots makes for some tough decisions with Motte hopefully signed for the 4th line. Plus they may have Lind further down the road.
idk we've waited 5 years on Virtanen to get his shit together and he's incrementally increased his goal totals (10, 15, 18) and points (20, 25, 36) slightly every year, but he always show up to camp/preseason, including this years qualifier in the doghouse. I'd say he'll manage to have a couple killer years scoring 30 magically one year, if he can get it together and play in the top 6 regularly.

But Green who has been coaching him since Utica seems a bit done with him a bit, JV has the NHL size and speed, just his skill is a bit lacking, confidence off/on, and his party ways are a hindrance.

They may try to sign him for cheap in hopes he can up his value to the team, which is the safe conservative option or try to trade him while he still has perceived upside. But agreed with what SL has said, should play him with Petey for a full season, get him 25+ goals, then trade his ass.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tory Krug is rumoured to be done in Boston.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm
idk we've waited 5 years on Virtanen to get his shit together and he's incrementally increased his goal totals (10, 15, 18) and points (20, 25, 36) slightly every year, but he always show up to camp/preseason, including this years qualifier in the doghouse. I'd say he'll manage to have a couple killer years scoring 30 magically one year, if he can get it together and play in the top 6 regularly.

But Green who has been coaching him since Utica seems a bit done with him a bit.
JV has the NHL size and speed, just his skill is a bit lacking, confidence off/on, and his party ways are a hindrance.
They may try to sign him for cheap in hopes he can up his value to the team, which is the safe conservative option or try to trade him while he still has perceived upside. But agreed with what SL has said, should play him with Petey for a full season, get him 25+ goals, then trade his ass.
Could be Green just can't stand the guy. Maybe what may be even worse than that is he's gonna try and make it work no matter what.

Like I said in an earlier post, Jake's Dad seemed damn smart when interviewed. But ur right, the party image has got to go. Pretty sure the
team feels that way too. Besides; There are private residences, (including his own), for those sorts of things if he needs them that much.
That episode around two months, (or just shy of) in the public semi-gay bar was just plain stupid.
By this time in his career, there should be an automatic Do / Don'ttrigger in his psych...Grow the fk up Jake..
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:57 am Tory Krug is rumoured to be done in Boston.
He will require big bucks. Turns 30 next April, put up very good numbers but it seems that Boston ran the numbers and have no interest in being party to Krugs retirement contract. He’s smaller than Quinn Hughes. Krug is - 5’-9” 185lbs
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jim just said on the radio; they already have an offensive, puck moving, powerplay defense man when asked if he would check-out that market.
Obviously hinting at Barrie. Nope, not happening.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm
Obviously hinting at Barrie. Nope, not happening.
Why is it so hard for some to grasp that Barrie and Vancouver ain’t happening, :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jimmy damned pissed at Jake though. Not sure if that means Bye or I'll give ya a nickle.. :lol:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:19 pm Jimmy damned pissed at Jake though. Not sure if that means Bye or I'll give ya a nickle.. :lol:
Link?

The one time you don’t have a link?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:19 pm Jimmy damned pissed at Jake though. Not sure if that means Bye or I'll give ya a nickle.. :lol:
Link?

9:57 min. mark for Jake

Canucks GM Jim Benning spoke about Jake Virtanen's playoffs and future ..

Full interview: https://sportsnet.ca/650/reach-deep/jim ... ence-year/
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:59 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Link?

9:57 min. mark for Jake

Canucks GM Jim Benning spoke about Jake Virtanen's playoffs and future ..

Full interview: https://sportsnet.ca/650/reach-deep/jim ... ence-year/
Okay, I listened to that bit, Jimmy doesn't seem "damned pissed" at Jake. Not at all.

I think your imagination is running away with you again Mick.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

For Jim's demeanor? For me, that's none too happy. Everybody hears things different.
"evolution"