AV Interview: Only One Position is Set.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Fred wrote:Did i read some place ùùùùùùgreen is on a one way contract thi s season
Josh Green? It says so in today's Sun that he was signed to a one-year, one-way, minimum deal...hmm, it might be the only way we could get some of these guys signed and ownership is willing to bite the bullet to have them play in the Moose for that, or they could be trade bait, but it's increasingly the case that we're going to have too many guys on one-way deals to keep them on the Canucks.
Mark
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I saw some flashes of brillance from Green during the brief time he was up with the club. I think he will be a good player with more playing time to prove himself. But I question the one way deal with Santala signed.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Naslund - Morrison - Cooke
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Bulis
Pyatt - Chouinard - Kesler
Burrows - Santala - Reid
Bouck - Green

Ohlund - Salo
Mitchell - Krajicek
Bourdon - Bieksa
Fitzpatrick

Luongo
Flaherty

Assuming Bourdon makes the team, and the rest are on one-way deals (assuming that those that appear on the NHLPA website are one-way deals, as has been said but I don't know if that's confirmed), then this is our depth chart.

Now, with our cap situation, to keep it at about $42.8 million, we'd need to go with 22 player roster, meaning one of Green, Bouck or Burrows would need to be either traded or sent to the minors at an NHL wage...and that's if we don't put a guy like Schultz on the roster, though that's looking less likely with prospects camp and day one of training camp.

Either way, although I don't think a trade is inevitable, I gotta think that Nonis is taking a keen interest in a possible trade.
Mark
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

From what I heard about the camp, I don't think Schultz is having a good camp. He is more or less non-existent which is sort of disappointing since he was quite highly hyped by AV. I too hope that Green is on a two-way deal.

Aside from the Bourdon hype, I heard that another D to watch for is Fortunus. He was paired with Ohlund and he was great positionally. I think that was the best D pair so far. I am eager to see him play in the exhibition games. Kesler and Reid are by far the fastest players on the ice.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

MarkMM wrote:Naslund - Morrison - Cooke
Burrows - Santala - Reid
Bouck - Green

Ohlund - Salo
Mitchell - Krajicek
Bourdon - Bieksa
Fitzpatrick

Luongo
Flaherty

You forgot Linden. That would bump Reid down to the Moose as we're likely to keep either a Bouck or Green as our extra body in case we need the grit.
R.I.P. Luc.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Bartman wrote:
MarkMM wrote:Naslund - Morrison - Cooke
Burrows - Santala - Reid
Bouck - Green

Ohlund - Salo
Mitchell - Krajicek
Bourdon - Bieksa
Fitzpatrick

Luongo
Flaherty

You forgot Linden. That would bump Reid down to the Moose as we're likely to keep either a Bouck or Green as our extra body in case we need the grit.
:shock:

Oh crap, you're right. Agreed, even moreso, we need some of these to be two-ways, or a trade will be made.
Mark