oooooohhhhhhhh I can't wait for EA NHL 07

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

hey Goon2.... when you do get your hands on an xbox360 make sure you clear your schedule for at least a good 3-4 days. because the graphics and insane gameplay will pull you in and you wont be able to stop playing!!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

tuzzi44 wrote:hey Goon2.... when you do get your hands on an xbox360 make sure you clear your schedule for at least a good 3-4 days. because the graphics and insane gameplay will pull you in and you wont be able to stop playing!!
Uh oh! Don't tell my wife that!

LOL.
hench
AHL Prospect

Post by hench »

nhl 07...damn i wish i had money to buy that. anyone played the demo? if so what did you think?
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

im gonna have a better review of it after the weekend... school takes up the majority of my time during the week.... but im assuming ill be playing it ALL weekend lol
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Alright... so i just finished playing nhl 07 all weekend! The new stick control is AWSOME once you get used to playing with it. really does take about 10 games or so to really get used to it. Graphics are amazing. the only thing that i really wasnt impressed with was the fighting.... it kinda looks like to mentally challenged people trying to hug or something, one good thing is the last punch looks like it knocks the guy out on his feet :D

And then menus are a bit hard to read.... but easy to take care of that.... just get a bigger tv!!!
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The menus become much easier to read if you change them to the flat view instead of angled view. It's in one settings menu.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

thanks for the tip tantalum.... that will help! :D
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Took me until day 3 of having the game to see that option.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Anybody tried out 2k7 yet?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Played the demo for the 360. It plays exactly the same as it has for the previous 4 years. They went back and did new animations and improved the graphics and the new camera is interesting, but gameplay wise there is nothing new. Same goals time after time. Same D-man AI that has them locked into their lane such that a 1-on-1 is actually a breakaway to one side of the net. And judging from the last 4 years the same bugs will probably still not be fixed.

I went back to NHL 07 this year because the new control system is innovative and provides some challenge and they have upped the gameplay experience.

If it wasn't for that innovation I wouldn't have touched a hockey game this year at all.

I really enjoy NHL 07. I've played about 25 10 minute period games on pro and while I started to really dominate the last little bit as I got proficient with the controls it is still fun. The variety of goals is great and you see all the goals you see in the real NHL. I also find the new controls very intuitive. I just have to play with the difficulty and shot accuracy to get it back so I'm not dominating.

For the other consoles though I'd get 2k7 hands down. Just not for the 360. Unless you really really like mini-games (I don't...never play them and find them boring).
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

O7 is i think hte best hockey game ever... i am however dissapointed about two things ... not being able to change period length to something other than 5 10 or 20... wish icould play 7... just cause thats what chuck norris does... and the fighting... it is actaully quite well summed up by what tuzzi44 said... other than that. the game is incredible.. its just so real and thats what has killed me over the years that the games have gotten away from being simulators to arcade games... this one is just so good.. there are things that i wish they would improve but for EA's first hockey game on the 360 with all the new possibilites.. i would have to say a job well done.. now only if i can get that job that i want there..
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

The whole crap fighting thing really bugs me... how can such a great game have such a terrible fight mode!! :shock:
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews