The yearly debate is back...
My friend got NHL 07 on XBOX360 yesterday, and I have caught glimpses of it. A few things to take note of:
- fantastic visuals. the best you'll ever see - guarenteed.
- shot stick: complete puckhandling control + hitting
- deep dynasty mode
- a huge step up in terms of realism for EA - much, much harder to score
- the menus are hard to read at times
- because it doens't tell you how many players are dressed at one time, editing lines can be a pain. it's the same problem as NHL 06.
- the learning curve is huge - I'd say at least play 5 games and a couple shootouts before you're completely comfortable with the shot stick.
NHL 2k7 comes out September 14th (tomorrow), and I've been debating whether or not to get it. NHL 07 is a huge step up but just thinking about the pure navigational difficulty of the 07 menus gives me a headache.
Anyone else care to share comments/criticisms?
And oh, just so you know, 2kSports heard the boos from fans about their NHL2k6 soundtrack (which was absolutely horrendous - I put it on mute during non-games) and re-done the soundtrack completely. You can preview the tunes on www.2ksports.com
on the NHL2k7 section. The media player is on the right side labeled 'Preview 2k7 tunes.'