Artem Chubarov

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Artem Chubarov

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

What ever happened to his guy. I see he's been playing in Russia. But why?

And is this guy ever going to play for the Canucks again? I'm sure he would be an excellent cheap player for the checking line.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Chubarov got a better offer to stay in Russia. I'm sure if we were ever able to bring him back he would not be so cheap. Not sure what his contract is, but I think we'd have to offer him more than a million to retain his services... who knows if he'd even want to come back anyway. He might prefer to stay in his native land. It was truly a tough loss. I miss the guy but don't think he'll ever come back.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

He's not getting offered as much money to play a 3rd line centre role in the NHL. He's getting more money from his Russian team to play as their 1st line centre, I believe.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Well that's great for him I guess and sad for true Canuck fans... I thought he was one of those guys that gave it 110% all the time but never got too noticed, more of a great checking line player that did his job very well.
Bourdon-Kesler
AHL Prospect

Post by Bourdon-Kesler »

Chubarov is making 2.0 Million $ in Russia. He cannot get payed that here in the salary cap ERA
ImageImage
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Playing hockey in Russia is also tax free, iirc.
Mark