Ultimate Fighting Championship

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Ultimate Fighting Championship

Post by tuzzi44 »

Who around here watches/follows the UFC??

UFC 46 is commin up..... Hughs vs. Penn for the welterweight title. penn beat hughes before but i like hughes' chances here...
what do you guys think?
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hughes is a beast. Penn is an injury replacement. Hughes will dominate this fight.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

I will be watching this fight from the floor, and I have to say that I am quite dissapointed that one of my favourite fighters in St. Pierre will not be in the spotlight. I really thought that it was his time take center stage and defeat Hughes.

Penn is a nebulous figure, and predicting his fights is a very tough thing to do. I expect him to give Hughes some trouble early, but as the match wears on Penn's takedown defense (as exceptional as it is) will wear down enough for the raw power of Hughes takedown/slam/ground and pound game will overtake him.

Should be a good fight no matter what, and even though I am a bit dissapointed with GSP's absence, I am still looking forward to it.

I am also a big fan of Swick and I hope that he is able to overcome Loiseau, how can be a very cagey opponent despite the fact that Franklin dominated him for 5 straight rounds. But that guy is in a league of his own (and for Swick, regardless of whether or not he wins this fight he will need a lot more prep before he is ready to take on a guy of Franklin's cailber).
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

dont worry WCE... st. pierre will fight hughes for the title. ooooh what an awsome fight card if that fight happens the same night when Ortiz and Liddell go at it again.

Tito is my favorite fighter. the huntington beach bad boy.... i hope he rips shamrock apart in october

Franklin has been rippin apart everyone in his weight class... hes gonna be tough to beat for a while...

Have you ever seen pride fighting??
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

I was disappointed when GSP withdrew due to injury but Penn might be an interesting match up. I haven't seen much of him since he left the UFC but if he is hungry he has a shot. Hughes is technically and mentally one of the best ever but Penn's may just be one of the most gifted. If I had to predict I'd say Hughes by a unanimous decision.

I like Swick as well but the Crow is a dangerous fighter. Not sure who I'm pulling for in that one.

As for Ortiz and Shamrock...the way Tito man handled Ken in the first fight I was surprised they got set up with a rematch. The outcome was never in doubt. Ken was just lucky the ref got in as early as he did or it was going to be ugly. As a fight fan I'm a bit insulted with the making of the third fight. It's got nothing to do with competition and everything to do with drama. Keep that crap in the WWE and bring on Ortiz/Liddell!
R.I.P. Luc.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

hells yeah... ortiz vs. liddell could easily become the fight of the year...

the shamrock fight is for sure about ratings and drama... but i still want to see ortiz rip kens face open
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I thought the UFC was much more entertaining when the participants were traditional martial artists trying to demonstrate the superiority of their particular styles.

It seems to have developed (or devolved) into a sport in which pretty much all of the combatants are are practitioners of the same boxing/kickboxing/wrestling/ju-jitsu system. Unfortunately, the resulting bouts just aren't as fun to watch.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Ultimate Fighting Championship

Post by The Brown Knight »

No one commenting on Anderson Silva's leg injury here? :o

Probably one of the most disgusting injuries that I've ever seen in my life.

I don't see Silva coming back from this.

It's a shame to go out like this as I think it goes without saying that Silva is the greatest UFC legend of all-time.

On another note - I like Travis Browne. I think if he takes out Werdel in his next fight, he should get a shot against Cain.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

UFC 175 fight card: Chris Weidman vs Lyoto Machida

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/5/587123 ... ht-preview
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.