Bertuzzi fingers McCarthy for all the trouble

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

supercanuck wrote:Oh man, I feel sorry for Crow!! :shock: He can't
even decide who gets to play on the fourth line!?!
WTF? Zoooomm. That was a 747 (pun intended) with the point on it.

He did get to pick the fourth line. And he used Trevor Linden there last year to such great effect. :roll:

brianp wrote:Let's see how he does without the media pressure in Florida before we cry for his return.
What difference does that make? I'm hoping the team tanks, and Bertz totals go down again. That way we sign him up cheap. And then maybe we could even trade Naslund for something decent.

Laying the blame on Bertuzzi for last season is ludicrous. In as much as he was one of the so called leaders on the team, yes, but only that tiny part of it.

Brad May wasn't even here last season, remember?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Meerschaum wrote:
ververgaert wrote:I hope he . . . injures two Canuck d-men and a shit kicks a forward while scoring a hat trick to go with his two assists when he returns in january!
Um . . . no.

You never wish injuries on any player. Let alone your own.

Not even Cloutier. ;)
Agreed...and last time I checked, Crow wasn't here anymore either, so what would be the point? Punish the city that he himself says stood by him?
Mark
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

supercanuck wrote:"We had some real differences in philosophy, and there were some things he did that really bothered me, most particularly how he handled my friends -- Brad May especially.

"He never played him. He never gave him a chance to show what he could do. Here was a guy who was a 15-year war vet, a warrior, a guy who had fought every tough guy in the league and yet he was never put out there in any other kind of situation. And this was a guy who could handle all kinds of roles in the league. That really bothered me."

Oh man, I feel sorry for Crow!! :shock: He can't even decide who gets to play on the fourth line!?!
Its a coach's decision who plays when & where....however, this did bother me too. There was no question that Brad May was a far more effective player than Crow gave him a chance to be. Even then he filled our void of a goon when he was only a middleweight & took on every heavyweight the league had to offer. Crow then rewarded him w/ a spot on the pine.....yet May should never have been put in the position he was by Crow. Gotta agree w/ Bert on that one.
Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

Here's how it's going down. The Canucks will scrape into the playoffs this year and get knocked out in round two, while the Panthers don't even make it in. Bertuzzi signs with the 'Nucks for a reasonable amount because his numbers haven't been that great, and Naslund decides to run back to Sweden or gets traded.

Bertuzzi takes the 'C' and captains the Canucks to the team's first Stanley Cup Championship in '07-08, but hands the cup to Trevor Linden before hoisting it.

Fuck Yeah.
Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

McCarthy didn't get "fingered" by Bertuzzi... Like when "Freddy Got Fingered"?
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Badfish wrote:Good god, imagine that. I know, I know, we just got over the Beruzzi black cloud, but just imagine.... we trade Auld Allen and Bert for Luongo, sign him long term, then the following year both Bert and Allen come back....!!! not that we could afford it or anything, but..... dear god, the WCE WITH Luongo and the twins? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This make no sense, I know, but man I just still love Bert.... would love to see him dominate again after his triumphant return to vancouver.... Pipe dreams, yes, but it's a nice dream!

I'm sure many of you have a different opinion on this scenario however...
Would be sweet, but Allen-If I remember correctly- signed a two-year deal, so he'll have to come back the year after the next.

Yea I remember McCarthy right after his trade, he was the one who bought up the "situation" about the locker room- guess he didn't gel with the team and Nonis got rid of him.

I found the interview gave great insight on Bert and the team we knew as the Canucks and you never know, it would be crazy if Bert came back.
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

Rising Sun Canuck wrote:
Would be sweet, but Allen-If I remember correctly- signed a two-year deal, so he'll have to come back the year after the next.
Allan has a one year deal with Florida for $1.55M.
it's just a game...dammit!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

An Allen-Mitchell combo on the backend. That would be painful for some unlucky soul(s).
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

A good follow up article on Todd's comments. And yes, Allen is on a one year deal with the Panthers. They could not agree long term on numbers, and I think that Allen must be quite happy now that he didn't sign long term when you look at what a guy like Pothier is making (2.5).

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 65ad3562c9

- Todd Bertuzzi opened up a bit this weekend on the source of his fallout with Marc Crawford, but if you really think the problem was over Brad May's ice time we have some ocean-front property in Whalley you might be interested in.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Island Nucklehead wrote:An Allen-Mitchell combo on the backend. That would be painful for some unlucky soul(s).
It would be, but even better to split them up. Assuming Allen comes here on Salo's money who will probably be offered more than we can afford next year, and solid development from Krajicek and Bourdon:

Ohlund - Krajicek
Mitchell - Bourdon
Allen - Koltsov
Bieksa

Each line has mobility, an offensive dimension, and shut-down ability, for not much more money that what we're paying this year. Bieksa takes the depth spot at Fitzpatrick/Tremblay money (he's on a two-year for not much above minimum, $500k is our hit, I think), say Allen gets something close to $1.5 mil again, it might be a discount on what he could get elsewhere but he might do it to come here, Koltsov signs for entry-level, something short of $900k, maybe, Mitchell, Bourdon and Ohlund are on long-term deals, so that just leaves a raise for Krajicek to pay for.
Mark
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

You know what, upon re-reading the subject for this thread it sorta ruffled my feathers a bit. Harold do you actually work in the mainstream media by any chance? Never once did Bertuzzi blame McCarthy for all the mess...he simply fingered McCarthy as the one guy who was implying that he & Nazzy were at odds. He denies there was any problem there. Thats all.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

ClamRussel wrote:You know what, upon re-reading the subject for this thread it sorta ruffled my feathers a bit. Harold do you actually work in the mainstream media by any chance? Never once did Bertuzzi blame McCarthy for all the mess...he simply fingered McCarthy as the one guy who was implying that he & Nazzy were at odds. He denies there was any problem there. Thats all.
I didn't really get the sense that Harold was implying anything more than that, Clam. ;)
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

ClamRussel wrote:You know what, upon re-reading the subject for this thread it sorta ruffled my feathers a bit. Harold do you actually work in the mainstream media by any chance? Never once did Bertuzzi blame McCarthy for all the mess...he simply fingered McCarthy as the one guy who was implying that he & Nazzy were at odds. He denies there was any problem there. Thats all.
Exactly. Anyone saying anything else is on crack.