Inside Scoop: The Sunday Province's dirt on the Canucks

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Inside Scoop: The Sunday Province's dirt on the Canucks

Post by The_Pauser »

With my very 1st post on the Best Canucks message board in town, The Pauser solemnly reports that apparently Tony Gallagher has some inside information on some organization-wide fighting that has occurred thoughout the summer and is of the magnitude that it could cripple the team this coming year.

I hope all Gallagher is reporting is the legal action taken by Beedie/Gagliardi vs. McCaw/Aquilini; however, I have a feeling that it has to do with ownership and some of the decisions Dave Nonis has made.

More to come as the story develops.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Lets see ? The Naslund captiancy issue( stirred up by the media swine) has been quickly and effectivly put to rest by both the coach and captain so the next day that anorexic twig has to come up with somthing else "contraversial" . F--k ! Just another repeat of last year with these a-holes. Why dosn';t someone put that creep out of our misery!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
yammi
CC Veteran

Re: Inside Scoop: The Sunday Province's dirt on the Canucks

Post by yammi »

The_Pauser wrote:With my very 1st post
I gotta ask ... are you THE pauser ... the one we've been hearing on Vancouver local radio for the past decade or so getting brushed off by Dan Russell and others?
BigBert
CC Rookie

Post by BigBert »

pauser=loser.
Disclaimer: This is an internet message board. The messages you read and their authors are to be taken seriously at your own risk. Remember, you don’t have ANY idea who these “people” really are, do you?
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

yammi wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:With my very 1st post
I gotta ask ... are you THE pauser ... the one we've been hearing on Vancouver local radio for the past decade or so getting brushed off by Dan Russell and others?
Didn't take long for someone to ask this. If I tell you that I am THE Pauser I may face constant scrutiny. If I tell you that I'm not THE Pauser, then I may face constant scrutiny about taking the name. I'm just going to answer back with a "No Comment" and let people think whatever they want.
Lets see ? The Naslund captiancy issue( stirred up by the media swine) has been quickly and effectivly put to rest by both the coach and captain so the next day that anorexic twig has to come up with somthing else "contraversial" . F--k ! Just another repeat of last year with these a-holes. Why dosn';t someone put that creep out of our misery!
This is just me adding my input here. I have some insider information with the team that current owner Frank Aquilini has been driving Dave Nonis absolutely crazy the past several months. Perhaps there's a power struggle stemming from ownership's control over Nonis?
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

BigBert wrote:pauser=loser.
Oh...like your Big Bert is any better. Atleast I didn't jump someone from behind and fradulently hide my assets during pending civil litigation!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The_Pauser wrote:
Oh...like your Big Bert is any better. Atleast I didn't jump someone from behind and fradulently hide my assets during pending civil litigation!
lets not let this degrade further than it already has...go to a PANTHERS board if you wanna slag Bert, he's not on our team anymore.

And for the record...people here have a soft spot for Bert, you won't make many friends slagging him here.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
And for the record...people here have a soft spot for Bert, you won't make many friends slagging him here.
Yeah but if someone's going to slam me well then I'm gonna fight back.

And yes, I did support Bert when he was here, but let's be serious here. One of the main reasons the team missed the playoffs last season was because of The Bertuzzi factor. He was a great distraction in the lockerroom.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

agreed. Though I think the spotlight on him and "the incident" was more of a distraction than Bert himself.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Well said Island! The media's inability to get over their hurt pride because Bert wasn't nice to them and they wouldn't let it go was a major cause of trouble.

Not to mention having all that talent and using a proven shitty goalie even after he showed an inability to come up big ever.

The people that only blame Bert have had way to much of the skirt wearing ball-less Vancouver sports media kool-aid and are unable to think for themselves. Shame really.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

ververgaert wrote:Well said Island! The media's inability to get over their hurt pride because Bert wasn't nice to them and they wouldn't let it go was a major cause of trouble.

Not to mention having all that talent and using a proven shitty goalie even after he showed an inability to come up big ever.

The people that only blame Bert have had way to much of the skirt wearing ball-less Vancouver sports media kool-aid and are unable to think for themselves. Shame really.
I don't just blame Bert. He was one of the MAJOR causes of the teams downfall last season, but he wasn't the only cause. Markus Naslund's leadership skills was another cause of the downfall. Also going through the entire year without a head coach hurt too.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

He was or the bull hoey that followed him around. I thought he was our best player down the stretch. He also played with two injured teamates for most of the season.

I have to agree fully that having Crawford was a huge handi-cap! He just plain lost the team. I would think Crawfords lack of leadership and not Naslunds was more of a problem.
Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

Yay for the Pausemeister. Nobody ever asked if I was the real Jester.

Dave Pratt is the real DP. I know this because what else does a lazy old wine lover have to do all day, than post on canuckscorner.com :D

j/k

Luongo for the win, but Linden for the C.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

ververgaert wrote:He was or the bull hoey that followed him around. I thought he was our best player down the stretch. He also played with two injured teamates for most of the season.

I have to agree fully that having Crawford was a huge handi-cap! He just plain lost the team. I would think Crawfords lack of leadership and not Naslunds was more of a problem.
Ed Jovanovski was one of our best players for the last 5 games (when he wasn't hurt) due simply to his passion for the game. Bertuzzi was horrible and could be attributed directly to the Canucks losing to San Jose in overtime.

Anytime the opposing teams player says:

"At first I saw Bertuzzi, I got the puck and he wasn't there"

You know something's wrong.
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

yammi wrote: I gotta ask ... are you THE pauser ... the one we've been hearing on Vancouver local radio for the past decade or so getting brushed off by Dan Russell and others?
I have no idea who "the" Pauser is, or if that person really has "fans" as he claims, nor of course do I care. But as for this particular poster who goes under that name I have only one thing to note: 56 posts in one day is a sure sign of a troll.