'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin dead

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin dead

Post by mattola »

supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Surprising even though you know it's a high risk job. Condolences to his family.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Watchin all his tv shows and specials i thought for sure a crocodile would have ate him!! and i cant believe the entire cast of jackass has managed to outlive that guy!!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
NKCTB7
AHL Prospect

Post by NKCTB7 »

What's surprising is that human fatalities due to stingray's are very rare. How unfortunate for him and his family. I send them my condolences. He definately will never be forgotten. A true example on how fate works. :(
"I'm looking forward to making a run for the Stanley Cup with Vancouver"...Roberto Luongo
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Poor guy.

At least he passed on to "the Big Zoo in the Sky" the way he would have wanted to have gone - at the hands of some deadly animal he was struggling with.

Of course this sets up Cousteau Jr. for a documentary film tracking down the stingray that killed his partner, just like Bill Murray going after the jaguar shark in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

When I think about life imitating art, the films of Wes Anderson don't usually leap to mind. Wierd.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I saw in the news where he had his son with him near a pool full of crocodiles! What was the guy thinking??? That was stupidity in its purest form even if nothing happened (Thank God).
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

that sort of thing... being around crocs... was so normal to him so he probbaly didnt see it as a problem.... apparently its not the crocs that will get ya... its the sting rays
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Very sad story. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Irwin family. The world has lost a great humanitarian who gave his life to educate the world about the beautiful wildlife in this world.

We will miss you Crocodile Hunter.

Crikey.