Where do you want to watch your Canuck Hockey games?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Where do you want to watch the Canucks?

Brandis
10%
Cecil
No votes
Club Paradise
No votes
The Drake
No votes
No.5
No votes
Penthouse
No votes
??? I don't watch hockey in places like these!!
90%

Total votes: 10

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Where do you want to watch your Canuck Hockey games?

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Since we're approaching NHL season, some of you may want to have a beer, a shot of crown royal or a rye and ginger. Whatever your choice, where do you want to watch the game?
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Nucksfan10
CC Rookie

Where do I want to watch the game?

Post by Nucksfan10 »

I personally would love to watch it at the garage. Due to me not having any tix yet my tv seems like a slam dunk. If any of you have a good deal on tix, or feel that im a nice enough guy to hand over a pair on the house, you can locate me at jersey city in guildford mall, a stretch for some, a 2 min drive for me.

Nucks in 07, hey if edmonton can make it all the way crawling and gnawing at an 8th place berth on the last day of the season i figure why not
It was all about the Russian Rocket.....there i said it
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

depends on wich has the best food and most expensive scotch.
Where are my free Salmon Kings tickets? :whistle:
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

As pointed out by Nucksfan10, I'd love to watch the games at GM place (and hopefully I'll be getting my hands on tickets for the January 5th game vs Edmonton when I'm home for the holidays). However, barring that I'll watch them at home with my NHL Centre Ice package. Best thing to hit TV since Hockey Night in Canada on CBC.

;)
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

As I don't finish work until 7 and it's a 10 minute drive home I usually catch the game on TV. When I can I pick up a couple of tix from my brother as he's a season ticket holder. I usually make it out to about 4 games live. There is nothing like the excitment of a live game but you can't beat TV for the replays LOL. Anyone else notice how much faster the games is live WOW sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the action. Getting too old and the eyes ain't as good as they used to be.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:As pointed out by Nucksfan10, I'd love to watch the games at GM place (and hopefully I'll be getting my hands on tickets for the January 5th game vs Edmonton when I'm home for the holidays). However, barring that I'll watch them at home with my NHL Centre Ice package. Best thing to hit TV since Hockey Night in Canada on CBC.

;)
Kowch - what city in Florida are you in? I've been to Miami, Orlando and even Amelia Island.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:Best thing to hit TV since Hockey Night in Canada on CBC.;)
ummm....yeah. :roll:

dp

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

trevor corey wrote:depends on wich has the best food and most expensive scotch.
Where are my free Salmon Kings tickets? :whistle:
There are some pretty good Irish pubs I've been to in Victoria. As for those free Salmon Kings tickets, I'll get back to you....

dp

trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

There is some good cougar hunting over here. It is difficult to match up good food/scotch with good t.v. screens though.
I know nothing of Vancouver.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:As pointed out by Nucksfan10, I'd love to watch the games at GM place (and hopefully I'll be getting my hands on tickets for the January 5th game vs Edmonton when I'm home for the holidays). However, barring that I'll watch them at home with my NHL Centre Ice package. Best thing to hit TV since Hockey Night in Canada on CBC.

;)
Kowch - what city in Florida are you in? I've been to Miami, Orlando and even Amelia Island.

dp
Right now I'm in Ft Lauderdale. Next year we'll be living in Alpharetta GA as my company is relocating us there.

And believe it or not, there's better (and more) hockey being played there than here. Night and day between the Panthers and Thrashers. Lots of rec leagues avaiable compared to down here.

And for the record, the Panthers haven't played in Miami since 1998 when the Bank Atlantic Center (before that Office Depot Center, before that National Car Rental Center) opened. The stadium (which is nice, but not as nice as GM Place) is located in the city of Sunrise in western Broward county.*

*Not that anyone asked or anything... been reading other boards and people keep saying that Miami doesn't support the team when in actual fact the team is located nowhere near Miami...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'll probably be smack dab in the middle of nowhere by the time the season starts.

I'll have to judge whether it's worth visiting the mother-in-law to catch a Canucks game. I'll be close to Omaha, but the Moose don't play there til next year.

I am counting on internet radio and this site to keep me up to date on game days.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:I'll have to judge whether it's worth visiting the mother-in-law to catch a Canucks game. I'll be close to Omaha, but the Moose don't play there til next year.
Well, if you happen to be anywhere near my neck of the - uhm - Central IL cornfields, drop me a pm and you can catch Center Ice at my house... I'll probably drive over to Peoria, IL to take in a Rivermen game against the Moose... :)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:Right now I'm in Ft Lauderdale. Next year we'll be living in Alpharetta GA as my company is relocating us there.
I have never been to Georgia, but Amelia Island is in the northern part of Florida and it was nice there. Near Jacksonville.

I surprised they have a lot of rec leagues in Georgia (??). Should be interesting for you to get out to a few Thrasher games. Now that's an exciting team to watch. Kovalchuk and Hossa up front and with Lethonen in goal - now that's a team that could be on the upswing...

dp

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DavidPratt_ wrote: I surprised they have a lot of rec leagues in Georgia (??). Should be interesting for you to get out to a few Thrasher games. Now that's an exciting team to watch. Kovalchuk and Hossa up front and with Lethonen in goal - now that's a team that could be on the upswing...

dp
I've been to a Thrasher game and believe me that they're way more into the hockey than the fans down here. The only time the Bank Atlantic Center is loud is when Detroit, Montreal or Toronto are here and all their fans come out of the wood work. Then I _have_ to cheer for the Panthers :)

Hopefully with the addition of Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld, this team will be better and there will be more homegrown fans going to the games. I just want to see the NHL do well in all cities.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

There is this Burger place on hastings that I love to go too..only two decent size TVs but that's alright.

Hell i've even caught a couple games at the theater.