Krajicek signs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Kickassguy
AHL Prospect

Krajicek signs

Post by Kickassguy »

According to the TEAM. 1 year deal, for a "slight raise" above the 530k or so he made last year.

3 to go!
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

How can a guy with one arm play in the NHL?

*Waits for someone to get the refrenece*
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:How can a guy with one arm play in the NHL?

I'm not getting the joke.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:
JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:How can a guy with one arm play in the NHL?

I'm not getting the joke.
Don't worry you're not alone... From the looks of it it's a Harrison Ford movie, but beyond that I have no clue...

As for Krajiceck signing, that's good news, I'm glad its less then 850k. Hopefully Kesler (more likely his agent) will see sense and lower his asking price. Just a couple more pieces to the puzzle. Things are looking up :)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Is this guy going to be in the line up come opening night?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Too bad it's not for long term like 3 years or something. If KrackerJack (aka Krajicek) has a good year then it's going to be tough for DN to keep everyone when Salo's contract is due next year.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

The photo's are from "The Fugitive". The Character is Frederick Sykes (the one armed man) played by Andreas Katsulas. That much I know. What the joke is I don't know. Anyone care to elaborate?

I hate it when jokes go over my head! :stupid:
R.I.P. Luc.
RC51
CC Rookie

Post by RC51 »

The joke is not a reference to The Fugitive. The reference is to Alex Kryeck from the X-Files - he lost his arm near the end, remember? One of the best quasi-villans in recent times.

Anyway, re the signing - I think what's more interesting is that the signing is only for one year. I would have thought the Canucks would want to tie up this young kid for a couple of years at least, especially if they see a good upside and role for him. We gave up a lot in the package that came this way. Sure, we have Luongo tied up for a number of years (at very significant $'s) but I think Nonis would want to also have Kraijchek under contract for a number of years particularly where his price will only go up over the years. I wonder which side was reluctant to commit to a longer term deal.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

There was an interview with Krajicek's agent a few weeks back, he mentioned that the Canucks were close to the cap and he was sympathetic to that (pay attention, Kesler), so he expected to sign him for something close the QO.

Reading between the lines, my guess was that Krajicek was willing to sign for longer and I'm sure Nonis was interested, but they might believe that once the others are signed, we'll be too close to the cap to offer enough to justify a long-term deal.

Salo will be a problem next year, agreed, but maybe what Nonis is hoping is that having a few of our key guys who need to step it up on one year deals will act as an incentive for them to play, so if they have break-out years and justify major raises, that's a good problem to have. With the possibility of Bourdon and Krajicek breaking out and Koltsov coming back next year, and maybe Edler taking a step forward, maybe Nonis is hoping that Salo will become expendable?
Mark
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I've always considered myself to be a pretty optomistic guy but I have to tip my hat to MarkMM. So if I read you correctly these one year signings are a good thing because they are all going to have career years making Salo expendable. I think it's time to plan the parade :lol:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

MarkMM wrote:There was an interview with Krajicek's agent a few weeks back, he mentioned that the Canucks were close to the cap and he was sympathetic to that (pay attention, Kesler), so he expected to sign him for something close the QO.

Salo will be a problem next year, agreed, but maybe what Nonis is hoping is that having a few of our key guys who need to step it up on one year deals will act as an incentive for them to play, so if they have break-out years and justify major raises, that's a good problem to have. With the possibility of Bourdon and Krajicek breaking out and Koltsov coming back next year, and maybe Edler taking a step forward, maybe Nonis is hoping that Salo will become expendable?
Salo has really progressed as a solid defenseman. What a great pickup for Vancouver. Schaeffer has played well in Ottawa too, but Salo was simply a terrific pickup. That's one thing that's important to remember, picking up defensemen at an age where they 'turn the corner' and get better and better is an art. Salo is a terrific player to have on this team.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Canuck2
CC Veteran

Post by Canuck2 »

Yeah, I agree that Salo is a solid D and in my view, was a better D than Ohlund last year...believe me that pains me to say since Ohlund is one of my favourite players on the Canucks. I don't know if it was injuries or too much playing time, but Ohlund's foot-speed was a big problem when I watched him play.

Lets hope Krajicek can fill some of the holes offensively that Jovo is leaving with, or at least become a "Mini-Salo" for the time being.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

HappyCanuck wrote:I've always considered myself to be a pretty optomistic guy but I have to tip my hat to MarkMM. So if I read you correctly these one year signings are a good thing because they are all going to have career years making Salo expendable. I think it's time to plan the parade :lol:
Oh that's not my prediction, just saying it's a possibility.
Mark
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Kracijek's agent had said they were looking at a multi-year deal and they were pretty close. Guess it didn't happen. That's too bad because I honestly think Nonis is going to want this guy under a multi-year deal. I think he's going to raise some eyebrows this year and be due a big raise next summer.

Nonetheless, it's done and it's cheap.