Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich; who would you rather listen to

Pratt and Taylor
47%
Marjanovich
53%

Total votes: 30

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Geez Fast Eddie you're the one who sounds bitter about not making a career in the Sports Biz! What happen? Did JP McConnell slap your pee pee silly when you presented him with a demo tape that wouldn't even get you hired in a market like Port Hardy or Smithers?

Only if you knew buddy, only if you knew!
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Fast Eddie
AHL Prospect

Post by Fast Eddie »

Picker....

No bitterness over here.... I have just noticed by the way you talk that you like to get "insider scoops" from media guys and wish you were one of them or maybe you were one of them. Did you go to school for it? It seems like you know all about the biz. You diss Pratt and others which is fine, but I would love to hear you do a better job.

I am not bitter at all, in fact I answered your questions about who does the best sports in town. Why are you so big on WX, it's an all news station? Why do you think their sports in anything other than basic? Raible is boring ....

I do agreed with you about Mcrae he makes me laught and his schtick is great. I also like the Moj he's a real person and a real sports fan.

As for JP I don't know him but it sounds like he's been in your pants...
[img]lthumb.sge.gfw62.161104000714.photo00.photo[/img]
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Picker

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Fast Eddie wrote:Picker....

No bitterness over here.... I have just noticed by the way you talk that you like to get "insider scoops" from media guys and wish you were one of them or maybe you were one of them. Did you go to school for it? It seems like you know all about the biz. You diss Pratt and others which is fine, but I would love to hear you do a better job.

Actually Nose Picker seems pretty fair. There's some broadcasters he likes and some he doesn't. Sound a lot better than 'everyone sucks, the media sucks in vancouver. Not very creative". The only funny part was Nose Picker thought I was Jeff Leyland when I'm really someone else who only Paul de Bron from the TEAM knows. I thought Nose Picker was going to punch out Leyland at the Roxy so I phoned de Bron and told him I would cease and desist.

JJ
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Re: Picker

Post by Krusty »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Fast Eddie wrote:Picker....

Actually Nose Picker seems pretty fair. There's some broadcasters he likes and some he doesn't. Sound a lot better than 'everyone sucks, the media sucks in vancouver. Not very creative". The only funny part was Nose Picker thought I was Jeff Leyland when I'm really someone else who only Paul de Bron from the TEAM knows. I thought Nose Picker was going to punch out Leyland at the Roxy so I phoned de Bron and told him I would cease and desist.

JJ

The problem is Pratt, its true. The media in this town is a joke. Sorry for not being creative but its true. Could I do any better? Most likely not. But thats not my job.

I mean for gods sake if Brook Ward can have his own slot on the Team, what does that say about the quality of sporstcasters in this town? :(
Fast Eddie
AHL Prospect

Post by Fast Eddie »

I agree with your take on Brooke Ward...I would rather listen to Rome in full...but sometimes he is too American.. but today I heard him talk about Paul Mcallum

I would rather listen to paint dry than the Arthur Griffiths show..

So who is winning this pole Taylor and Pratt or Marjanovickchs?

Is that really Pratt in this room? He can't write? Can he?
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

Fast Eddie wrote:I agree with your take on Brooke Ward...I would rather listen to Rome in full...but sometimes he is too American.. but today I heard him talk about Paul Mcallum

I would rather listen to paint dry than the Arthur Griffiths show..

So who is winning this pole Taylor and Pratt or Marjanovickchs?

Is that really Pratt in this room? He can't write? Can he?
It can't be Pratt. The real Pratt would be half cut pounding Crown Royal at Joe Fortes ;)
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Hey dude,

No I'm not in the business. Actually in something else, but have a couple of really good friends in sports media. And they let me know what's real and what's not. Enough said. I don't try to be a sportscaster, afterall, a friend showed me his paycheque, and I could see why he cried every two weeks.

As far as my liking of WX sports, they just seem, to me, up to date on what goes on in this city. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are yours. I'm not ripping you for who you like or dislike, so why be a prick about me having my own opinion.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Fast Eddie
AHL Prospect

Post by Fast Eddie »

Nose PIcker....yes you have opinions I have opinions...bu sorryt I am not trying to be a prick.... But I've been acting like a prick to everyone for the last few months due to hockey withdrawl---the sportsnet classic games are helping but I am just dying for soem real puck and the Giatns aren't doing it for me right now...

NEED NHL NOW....too much NFL talk on MOJO...too much BC Lions on the Team. Too much college football and NBA on KJR Seattle.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Fast Eddie wrote:Nose PIcker....yes you have opinions I have opinions...bu sorryt I am not trying to be a prick.... But I've been acting like a prick to everyone for the last few months due to hockey withdrawl---the sportsnet classic games are helping but I am just dying for soem real puck and the Giatns aren't doing it for me right now...

NEED NHL NOW....too much NFL talk on MOJO...too much BC Lions on the Team. Too much college football and NBA on KJR Seattle.
You want to know what makes me laugh? Media guys who say 'I'm sick of the NHL. I don't miss it, I don't care. Hey man, let's talk about the Grey Cup."

OK Pratt and Taylor and Blake Price and everyone who says that....go ahead. But what are you going to talk about after next Sunday? Seriously? Pratt, Moj and a lot of the local media guys hate the NBA after seeing what a bunch of dipshits those guys were like when Vancouver had the Grizzlies. There's no MLB for a long while. No CFL after Sunday. There's only NFL Football and college football. What's Don Taylor going to talk about? The high-school football game in Maple Ridge??

Let's just say it right now. I MISS NHL HOCKEY. I MISS THE CANUCKS. I WANT THOSE IDIOTS (OWNERS AND NHLPA0) TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND GET THE NHL SEASON BACK. Ok? I want to talk about the Canucks and last night's game where Naslund scored a highlight-reel goal or the bodycheck Jovo gave to unsuspecting guy.

JJ

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

No Probs Fast Eddie.....

It's all good, I'm a little too depressed about not being able to give my wife the excuse that I'm going out to watch the game! Rather than watching re-runs of Designing Women with her.

It's so sad, I'm actually getting to know the characters of every Law and Order and CSI on the Tube!

GOD HELP US HOCKEY STARVED PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

OK, let me get this straight Pick my Nose....

First you said:
Pick_My_Nose wrote: I almost punched Leyland out at the bar one night, when he was trying to "mac" on my girlfriend. I told him to piss off, but the puke wouldn't listen. Then he came out with the line, don't you know who I am?

I almost pissed my pants laughing when he came out with that line.
and mentioned your girlfriend.....now you say this:

It's all good, I'm a little too depressed about not being able to give my wife the excuse that I'm going out to watch the game! Rather than watching re-runs of Designing Women with her.

Are you married or do you have a girlfriend....or BOTH???

JJ

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Pratt....

I'm commonlaw.....Wife or girlfriend.....I don't know what the hell she is anymore! LMAO
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

DavidPratt_ wrote:hate the NBA after seeing what a bunch of dipshits those guys were like when Vancouver had the Grizzlies.
JJ
You mean they're not like the rest of us - who just hate watching criminals run around in their underwear playing a crappy game?
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
SRsez wrote:Well, PMN,

The pinnacle of sports broadcasting in Vancouver was at Sportspage when Taylor was King & Shorthouse was a snot nose. Remember that horrible playoff peach fuzz? They made fun of it for years afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's been downhill for Taylor ever since.
I still like Taylor. He had more jam and a sense of humour when he was on Sportspage with Randorf and Co. but he's still OK. I will admit that Pratt seems to have taken him down a bit with the negativity.

JL
No kidding. However, I lost total respect for Taylor w/ his 'pitchfork & torch' routine during the Bertuzzi affair. He & Pratt were on a witch-hunt....Moj was the only one w/ a semblance of objectivity. Pratt & Taylor were in their jealous fueled glory when all that happened...and yes I see alot of people who are intimidated & jealous of who Todd is...and his attitude does nothing but fan those flames....but I digress. Those 2 clowns wouldn't listen to reason and helped to blow things out of proportion. Moj said, 'wait a sec' and analyzed the situation & the cracked vertibrae while P&T were lynching Todd and crying "broken kneck!" and he "could have KILLED him!!!" Moj was not defending Todd, he just wasn't joining the mob like those 2 clowns, who were leading it. I agree w/ you Todd most be accountable for his actions but there is little doubt this has gone too far & he is being made an example of.....when you consider what has always gone on in hockey. Either way Taylor has lowered himself to Pratt's level & is now an asshat too. Too bad because he was one of the good ones before this.

The guy I dug was Randorf....w/o a doubt the best overall of that group.
Agreed, Lee Powell & Paul Carson were really good too.
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

I agree....Sportspage started it's decline when Randorf pissed off for TSN. But hey, I'm sure the money was too good to turn down from the National Broadcaster.

Randorf and his CFL crew are great. It's great T.V. and they're all very knowledgeable to watch.

I agree that I wasn't impressed with the way P & T handled the Bertuzzi incident. I've been around hockey at all levels, and unless you've been there and seen how players are, first hand, and not from a 'media' standpoint, it's easier to understand. I don't want to open up a whole can of worms with the Bertuzzi thing, but that was B.S. the way they handled it!