rumors

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

rumors

Postby hehateme » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:20 am

OK Nuckleads that includes you too Pratt, listen here....... I have checked this site out numerous times and I hear the same babble crap over and over again. I like to talk hockey too but hey, some of these topics are nonsense. Example:

1) Backup for Luongo- who cares! really who gives a rats $^*()&^#@ . Luongo won't go down and if he does do you really think the Shields can lead them much further then Flaherty? A backup will play at the most 15 games, can't any reasonable goalie win at least half of these games? Not too much to ask. If Luongo does go down the nucks are DONE, simple.

2) Cooke- what is with Van fans that think this guy deserves a shot? Do you think he would be on the # 1 line on any other contending team? No he wouldn't. I like Cooke on the third line where he belongs. How can so many of you clones believe he should be on the first line! You have to have more then a great work ethic to be on the first line. Canucks are fishin on this one and it will bite them in the ass.

3)Just because Nucks fans like a player doesn't mean they should not trade them!!! OMG I cannot believe so many people think the Canucks should not trade naslund for Gagne or any other potential star. Naslund sucked last year and he could be brutal again. He has Morrison at the moment and he is older. Watch the Nucks keep him until he dries up like a prune and not be able to trade him. NOW he is prime trade bait with maybe another player. i wish the management of the Nucks and the fans would fricken quit thinkin with their heart and do what is right for the TEAM!! Trade him NOW and get a great player for the future.

hehateme
hehateme
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 am
Location: new zealand

Postby Badfish » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:53 am

Fitting name.
User avatar
Badfish
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby hehateme » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:00 am

Badfish, read your posts too man, your one of these "hope" guys, Naslund will come back, ya so will Toni Tanti.
hehateme
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 am
Location: new zealand

Postby Badfish » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:08 am

Yea, I am. It looks like he'll be comming back, and I hope he does. He had an off season last year, and I expect a strong bounceback season without the Bert distractions, and a new coach. Same goes for Morrison.

As for our backup, hey, it's a slow period in the hockey world, we've got to talk about something ;)

And as for Cooke on the top line, no I don't like it, but I think he could do well with Nazzy and Mo, maybe be more of a 1A/1B type team, I think the twins are ready for that.

And yes, I am one of those "Hope" guys, because lets face it, this is my favorite team, I live and breath Canucks If Naslund does get traded for Gagne or the like, I will be sad to see him go. Chances are it will be a good trade for the team longterm and all that, but it'd be a shitty way for one of the classiest guys to wear a nucks jersey to leave town. I'd much rather have him and Luongo bring a cup home together :D
User avatar
Badfish
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby jchockey » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:10 am

hehateme, you think Chris Kunitz is top line material? FAR from it. He's a third line grinder at best, but he just works well with Selanne and McDonald. Making up lines is finding players with the best fit, not just throwing your top offensive talents on one line. It doesn't work that way anymore. Ray Whitney for chrissakes is on the 'Canes third line.

Just because financially and potential-wise a Gagne for Naslund trade makes sense doesn't mean you should do it. There are other factors (like fan reaction) at work here.
User avatar
jchockey
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:46 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: rumors

Postby levelheaded » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:46 am

hehateme wrote:3)Just because Nucks fans like a player doesn't mean they should not trade them!!! OMG I cannot believe so many people think the Canucks should not trade naslund for Gagne or any other potential star. Naslund sucked last year and he could be brutal again. He has Morrison at the moment and he is older. Watch the Nucks keep him until he dries up like a prune and not be able to trade him. NOW he is prime trade bait with maybe another player. i wish the management of the Nucks and the fans would fricken quit thinkin with their heart and do what is right for the TEAM!! Trade him NOW and get a great player for the future.

hehateme


Two things. Firstly, what makes you think we CAN trade him? I'm sure that Nonis would have traded him for Gange and either Carter or Richards or both if he could have by now. A package like that is too tempting to give up. Then again, why would Philly do it? Gagne is a LOT younger then Naslund and isn't much worse of a player. Carter and Richards are young studs with huge upsides. It wouldn't make sense to trade either of them. A trade would more likely be Naslund straight up for Gange, and is he really an improvement over Naslund? I don't think so.

Secondly, Naslund has a No Trade Clause. Everyone seems to forget that. He has final say over his future. Yesterday he put the trade rumours to rest saying he wants to stay in Vancouver. Why do you assume he'll waive it for the opportunity to play with Forsberg for a season? Maybe, just maybe, he actually likes this team and city and wants to be a part of its future? Crazy idea I know. What good would come from trading Naslund? This team has had a pretty good shakeup, so its not that. Why do we do it? To prove to the world we can make blockbuster trades? Start another rebuilding era? Neither of those are good reasons for anyone. Enough with the 'Trade Naslund' crap.
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Re: rumors

Postby MarkMM » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:53 am

hehateme wrote:OK Nuckleads that includes you too Pratt, listen here....... I have checked this site out numerous times and I hear the same babble crap over and over again. I like to talk hockey too but hey, some of these topics are nonsense. Example:

1) Backup for Luongo- who cares! really who gives a rats $^*()&^#@ . Luongo won't go down and if he does do you really think the Shields can lead them much further then Flaherty? A backup will play at the most 15 games, can't any reasonable goalie win at least half of these games? Not too much to ask. If Luongo does go down the nucks are DONE, simple.

2) Cooke- what is with Van fans that think this guy deserves a shot? Do you think he would be on the # 1 line on any other contending team? No he wouldn't. I like Cooke on the third line where he belongs. How can so many of you clones believe he should be on the first line! You have to have more then a great work ethic to be on the first line. Canucks are fishin on this one and it will bite them in the ass.

3)Just because Nucks fans like a player doesn't mean they should not trade them!!! OMG I cannot believe so many people think the Canucks should not trade naslund for Gagne or any other potential star. Naslund sucked last year and he could be brutal again. He has Morrison at the moment and he is older. Watch the Nucks keep him until he dries up like a prune and not be able to trade him. NOW he is prime trade bait with maybe another player. i wish the management of the Nucks and the fans would fricken quit thinkin with their heart and do what is right for the TEAM!! Trade him NOW and get a great player for the future.

hehateme


Okay, if you read this site, then make sure you comprehend all the arguments.

1.) Anyone who pays attention to champion organizations, be it in business, sports, the military or anything else will tell you that you don't approach anything with a "who cares" attitude, we're not suggesting we spend recklessly on the back-up position, but we should give it some thought. In this division, winning a few more of those 15 or so games might mean the difference between making the playoffs, or it might mean the difference from winning the division. Luongo may go down with a short-term injury, in which case we'll need a back-up who can carry the load well enough not to fall out of playoff contention, or else we can get Luongo back in time to win the last few games in a season already over. Oh, Roberto has also not played an extended season in his career, so it'd be stupid not to take into consideration the possibility of wanting to rest him before our 16 game post-season win-streak.

2.) No one claims Cooke is top-line talent, but like jchockey pointed out, it's a matter of the right fit. I don't like Cooke up there, but there are a number of reasons why it might work out. We're going with a more balanced line-up, so there may not be a "true" number one line, as we'll go with a 1a/1b system with the Sedins, and we'll expect the bottom six to chip in more as well (and that's how this team has been structured if you pay attention).

3.) I don't think anybody here has had a problem trading players we liked, or just watching them walk (reference Bert, Jovo, Ruutu, Allen, Carter, etc.), if it makes sense. Now the latter part is the area of contention, people have mixed views regarding whether or not Naslund is more valuable as trade bait or as a player, I think as a player because he's got something to prove, is healthy, has sounded motivated in that recent interview, is a leader (how good or not, he has something to offer in that regard), and is an underpaid superstar and it is the height of hysterical frenzy to watch one bad season and delcare him a "prune".
Mark
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:28 pm
Location: Delta, BC

Re: rumors

Postby Canuck-One » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:03 am

hehateme wrote:OK Nuckleads that includes you too Pratt, listen here....... I have checked this site out numerous times and I hear the same babble crap over and over again. I like to talk hockey too but hey, some of these topics are nonsense. Example:

1) Backup for Luongo- who cares! really who gives a rats $^*()&^#@ . Luongo won't go down and if he does do you really think the Shields can lead them much further then Flaherty? A backup will play at the most 15 games, can't any reasonable goalie win at least half of these games? Not too much to ask. If Luongo does go down the nucks are DONE, simple.

2) Cooke- what is with Van fans that think this guy deserves a shot? Do you think he would be on the # 1 line on any other contending team? No he wouldn't. I like Cooke on the third line where he belongs. How can so many of you clones believe he should be on the first line! You have to have more then a great work ethic to be on the first line. Canucks are fishin on this one and it will bite them in the ass.

3)Just because Nucks fans like a player doesn't mean they should not trade them!!! OMG I cannot believe so many people think the Canucks should not trade naslund for Gagne or any other potential star. Naslund sucked last year and he could be brutal again. He has Morrison at the moment and he is older. Watch the Nucks keep him until he dries up like a prune and not be able to trade him. NOW he is prime trade bait with maybe another player. i wish the management of the Nucks and the fans would fricken quit thinkin with their heart and do what is right for the TEAM!! Trade him NOW and get a great player for the future.

hehateme


Gotta agree with numbers 1 and 2. Sorry can't agree with number 3. It really doesn't matter who backs up Luongo at this point because anyone of a handful can do the same job and that includes Flaherty, so give him the shot. The only reasons I would try Cooke on the top line is because he has speed and will bang the defence. When Bert played this way the puck squirted free a lot and allowed the top line to gain possesion and get some shots on goal. When Bert stopped banging ( AM ) the line lost most of it's effectiveness. So it could work out with a fast banger in the role although I'm not convinced that Cooke can produce for the long haul. Trade Naslund! Outrageous, I love how this smoothy plays the game, he was and still is the premier leftwing playing today. Trading him for potential or for Gagne plus would really depend on the plus. If it doesn't improve the team immediately then forget it. When Linden was traded I was one unhappy fan as I have always considered Linden and the Steamer to be the Canucks, well now you can add Naslund to that list. So if he is traded it had better be a trade that is obviously lopsided in our favour.
User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Living the Life

Postby Media_Man » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:13 pm

What no media bashing in this thread yet? Amazing!
I only report the facts!!!!
Media_Man
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:47 pm

Postby Badfish » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:49 pm

We don't bash the media too often, do we? Well, not all of us at least.

P.S. I heart Media_Man :oops:
User avatar
Badfish
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby The_Pauser » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:44 pm

As much as I like Upshall, I dont see why Nashville would do this.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Postby The_Pauser » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Wow I posted THAT in the wrong thread. Oh well.

Basically all I'm going to say here is that there are a lot of rumours circulating this time of year. Most of them are fabrications of bored fans who know how to create their own weblog. Unfortunately many people believe them and start massive threads and posts on websites like these, getting other people's hopes up.

Oh well...just look at it as entertainment.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Postby ververgaert » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:24 pm

The media bashing is well deserved media man. Atleast I think so! Not every one here does so don't be afraid to post.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
ververgaert
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: North Delta

Postby levelheaded » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:39 pm

ververgaert wrote:The media bashing is well deserved media man. Atleast I think so! Not every one here does so don't be afraid to post.


Not to support the Media and how it treats hockey in this town but, if they didn't try to create stories in the offseason we'd be talking about how little coverage we get. In a hockey obsessed city its difficult to find a balance between real stories and useless filler. The media in Vancouver tends to lean towards putting in too much unecessary crap and while it seems irritating, which headline sells better? "Ames 5 shots back of Open Lead" or "Naslund to be stripped of Captaincy?" Unfortunately it's a fairly obvious answer.

They have to sell newspapers, and when there's nothing to write about, the best way to do so is to bend the truth. But hey, at least it gives us something to talk about when their IS no hockey. :)
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Postby The_Pauser » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 pm

levelheaded wrote:
ververgaert wrote:The media bashing is well deserved media man. Atleast I think so! Not every one here does so don't be afraid to post.


Not to support the Media and how it treats hockey in this town but, if they didn't try to create stories in the offseason we'd be talking about how little coverage we get. In a hockey obsessed city its difficult to find a balance between real stories and useless filler. The media in Vancouver tends to lean towards putting in too much unecessary crap and while it seems irritating, which headline sells better? "Ames 5 shots back of Open Lead" or "Naslund to be stripped of Captaincy?" Unfortunately it's a fairly obvious answer.

They have to sell newspapers, and when there's nothing to write about, the best way to do so is to bend the truth. But hey, at least it gives us something to talk about when their IS no hockey. :)


All I'm going to say is pick up a copy of tomorrow's province. You'll be glad you did, however the news is not good.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Next

Return to Trade Rumours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests