CTV/TSN or CBC, which one is better

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which channel would do best for hockey in Canada

Poll ended at Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:17 am

CBC
11
50%
CTV/TSN
3
14%
SportsNet
8
36%
 
Total votes : 22

Postby JamesOwnzSam11 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:35 am

Also I don't think Hughston could make the move seeing as he would be working for TSN...Sportsnets arch enemy.

It's fine with CBC though since they only do Hockey.
User avatar
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:35 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Don't rip into Armitage he's good.

Chris was cut because of the lockout..he's overrated anyway.

Also Sportsnet may not have as much money as Bell but Rogers might.


I like Steve Armitage and have a lot of time for him. Steve is far better than some of those other people who work for the CBC.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby DavidPratt_ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:36 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Don't rip into Armitage he's good.

Chris was cut because of the lockout..he's overrated anyway.

Also Sportsnet may not have as much money as Bell but Rogers might.


I like Steve Armitage and have a lot of time for him. Steve is far better than some of those other people who work for the CBC.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Re: CTV/TSN or CBC, which one is better

Postby DavidPratt_ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:37 pm

orts wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:Say SCREW IT to the CBC!!



Cute. Who owns you, dude?


No one. I am my own guy.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Re: CTV/TSN or CBC, which one is better

Postby orts » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:02 pm

DavidPratt_ wrote:
orts wrote:
Cute. Who owns you, dude?


No one.



So you admit you're not really the radio Pratt? I always wondered.
orts
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Re: CTV/TSN or CBC, which one is better

Postby DavidPratt_ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:32 pm

orts wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
orts wrote:
Cute. Who owns you, dude?


No one.



So you admit you're not really the radio Pratt? I always wondered.


What do you mean? On this site I am the fake Pratt! My opinions and thoughts are my own and not those of the TEAM 1040 or CHUM LTD.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby JamesOwnzSam11 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:36 pm

So Taylor is really running the show on 1040 eh? He's so dreamy.
User avatar
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:50 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:So Taylor is really running the show on 1040 eh? He's so dreamy.


Who is this????

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby Jovorock » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:18 am

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Don't rip into Armitage he's good.

Chris was cut because of the lockout..he's overrated anyway.

Also Sportsnet may not have as much money as Bell but Rogers might.

Cuthbert wa the only credible broadcaster that CBC had at thetime.

Why did Bell dump SN? They were a joke of a sports network.

I can't believe people on this board want CBC to keep HNIC. People that I talk to and at work are excited the CTV/TSN will take hockey in Canada to the next level. Something CBC doesn't have the brains or imagination to do.
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

I took this photo of someone outside the CBC Building

Postby DavidPratt_ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:40 pm

I was walking down the street in the Vancouver Downtown area and suddenly I saw this girl......

Image





And then I saw....
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby DavidPratt_ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:41 pm

this guy.....

I asked myself, is this the Bob Cole/Greg Millen fan club??


Image

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby Jovorock » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:46 am

Two very smart people eh!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Postby JamesOwnzSam11 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:32 pm

"Hockey Night In Canada is CBC's most popular show. As hockey and sports fans, we are appalled at the way CBC handles their programming. How many times have you been watching a Hockey Night In Canada game, only to be cut short with a minute left, because CBC's The National must be aired or some other wonderful show like The Nature Of Things. And the quality & production value of all their sports broadcasts is about as good as a frickin' Lada. As Dave Hodge would say 'just like the CBC'."-CBCsucks.com

I have never been cut off by Hockey night in Canada...ever.....period.
User avatar
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 pm

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:"Hockey Night In Canada is CBC's most popular show. As hockey and sports fans, we are appalled at the way CBC handles their programming. How many times have you been watching a Hockey Night In Canada game, only to be cut short with a minute left, because CBC's The National must be aired or some other wonderful show like The Nature Of Things. And the quality & production value of all their sports broadcasts is about as good as a frickin' Lada. As Dave Hodge would say 'just like the CBC'."-CBCsucks.com

I have never been cut off by Hockey night in Canada...ever.....period.


Are you sure you were watching channel 3?

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby JamesOwnzSam11 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Yes... they never cut off Hockey night in Canada for News..or the Nature of things...oh wait I think I remember 1 thing that happened back in 01 when a new government was coming in.....

but that's it.

It isn't like TSN who makes us miss 10 minutes of the first period of the first NHL game in Vancouver in over a year just to show a shootout.

BTW working on a better avatar...this is just a temp cause I love the Hawks logo....( not much else to love about them)
User avatar
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:02 am

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: asidas and 1 guest

cron