Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

The Tournament
0
No votes
Hustle
0
No votes
11 Cameras
0
No votes
Are you kidding me? Who watches this SH**T?
7
100%
 
Total votes : 7

Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:08 am

Since everyone is debating the CBC and Hockey Night in Canada, thought I'd ask everyone which is their favourite show on CBC. I know it will be hard to choose, but you can only make ONE choice!

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby Kowch » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:35 am

Excuse me Mr. Pratt... your bias is showing.

There's a few.

Hockey Night in Canada (for starters)
This Hour has 22 Minutes
Air Farce
The National
Local News

And that's just off the top of my head. Way to trot out crappy programs and put them into a poll.
Kowch
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:11 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:26 am

Kowch wrote:Excuse me Mr. Pratt... your bias is showing.

There's a few.

Hockey Night in Canada (for starters)
This Hour has 22 Minutes
Air Farce
The National
Local News

And that's just off the top of my head. Way to trot out crappy programs and put them into a poll.


Ummm yeah. I could have put the ones above too and I don't know if it would have made any difference. Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good? Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby Grizzly » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:29 am

Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good?


No !

Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?


Nothing !

Grizz
User avatar
Grizzly
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:35 am
Location: Dawson Creek

Postby Kowch » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:41 am

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:Excuse me Mr. Pratt... your bias is showing.

There's a few.

Hockey Night in Canada (for starters)
This Hour has 22 Minutes
Air Farce
The National
Local News

And that's just off the top of my head. Way to trot out crappy programs and put them into a poll.


Ummm yeah. I could have put the ones above too and I don't know if it would have made any difference. Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good? Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?

dp


I stand by my statement. If you don't enjoy them then there's nothing to debate. Some people like them, some people don't.

As I stated in another thread, if you are David Pratt (or are somehow connected to his show) then you're bias is really inexcusable as you're advocating the end of the CBC because it would benefit your employers. If you're not him - fine. Just let us know which it is.
Kowch
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:11 am

Re: Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

Postby orts » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:22 pm

DavidPratt_ wrote:thought I'd ask everyone which is their favourite show on CBC.



Your poll is about equivalent to putting up a poll about American tv and putting shit like Survivor and The Apprentice on it...

Seconded what Kowch said (I also suggested the same thing). But really, as usual, I think your taste is even worse than your bias. Which is pretty bad :P
orts
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:52 pm

Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:Excuse me Mr. Pratt... your bias is showing.

There's a few.

Hockey Night in Canada (for starters)
This Hour has 22 Minutes
Air Farce
The National
Local News

And that's just off the top of my head. Way to trot out crappy programs and put them into a poll.


Ummm yeah. I could have put the ones above too and I don't know if it would have made any difference. Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good? Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?

dp


I stand by my statement. If you don't enjoy them then there's nothing to debate. Some people like them, some people don't.

As I stated in another thread, if you are David Pratt (or are somehow connected to his show) then you're bias is really inexcusable as you're advocating the end of the CBC because it would benefit your employers. If you're not him - fine. Just let us know which it is.



I keep telling you that I am the fake Pratt AND read the disclaimer on my tagline.

I'm sorry - I grew up with the CBC but times have changed. I used to watch HNIC with Foster Hewitt and I used to watch Knowlton Nash on Front Page Challenge but guess what? It's 2006 and we are in the age of satelite and cable television.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby ververgaert » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 pm

The C.B.C seem to be trying to push the politically correct, multiculturalism, being a fag is okay shit too much. As for their " journalism" the only people they don't seem to mind offending is the Catholic church and white males. Hell they won't even tell you the description of a bad guy if he's not white! They hate the Catholic church because it wont bend in the wind like most other christian churches and allow disgusting homosexuals to have a place in their church. Can't have anyone disagreeing with their version of a asexual utopia!

Even their hockey coverage is shit! they don't show any rough stuff, intimidation or scrums and usaually miss half the fights because the fag producer is showing the coach or goalie while its starting.

It Al quada is going to do anything to this country I hope its to the C.B.C while they are having a staff meeting with all policy makers and hockey producers in attendance.

Just my opinion of course. I am still allowed one arn't I?
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
ververgaert
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: North Delta

Postby orts » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:45 pm

ververgaert wrote:Just my opinion of course. I am still allowed one arn't I?


Since I'm allowed to have the opinion that your homophobic opinion sucks shit, yeah, you probably are allowed one :P
orts
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Postby ververgaert » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:55 pm

I'm not afraid of anyone Orts. Disgusted by definatly but thats not fear its revoltion. If If your fine ith the way things are today thats great.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
ververgaert
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: North Delta

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:07 pm

Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:Excuse me Mr. Pratt... your bias is showing.

As I stated in another thread, if you are David Pratt (or are somehow connected to his show) then you're bias is really inexcusable as you're advocating the end of the CBC because it would benefit your employers. If you're not him - fine. Just let us know which it is.


Listen buddy, I am NOT suggesting the end of the CBC. All I am suggesting is really one of two things:

1. The CBC should privatize. Come on out CBC, the water isn't that cold! The CBC would then really have to compete with the private networks and not have buckets of GST tax revenue when some company refuses to sponsor some crappy 30 minute show like 'Air Farce' (YUCK). If the CBC had to compete on an equal footing with the CTVs and Globals, they would look at HNIC and say to themselves - we can get even more advertising dollars if we turfed Bob Cole and Greg Millen!

2. The CBC should become PBS. In other words, purely a public broadcasting station. Get out of the hockey broadcasting business and hand it over to people who will manage it properly. Nancy Lee could then find another job within CBC which would suit her skills.

If you look at the two options above, I am NOT suggesting that the CBC be destroyed or end.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby orts » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:08 pm

ververgaert wrote:I'm not afraid of anyone Orts. Disgusted by definatly but thats not fear its revoltion. If If your fine ith the way things are today thats great.


Wake up: "homophobic", whatever its Greek root (and reading your grammar, I'd say you know nothing about that etymology) is just shorthand for your kind of shithead hatred.

You disgust me.
orts
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Postby DavidPratt_ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Grizzly wrote:
Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good?


No !

Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?


Nothing !

Grizz


Kowch: The tribe has spoken.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Re: Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

Postby DavidPratt_ » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:06 am

orts wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:thought I'd ask everyone which is their favourite show on CBC.



Your poll is about equivalent to putting up a poll about American tv and putting shit like Survivor and The Apprentice on it...

Seconded what Kowch said (I also suggested the same thing). But really, as usual, I think your taste is even worse than your bias. Which is pretty bad :P


OK....so what should have I put up there? Air Farce? "This Hour has 22 Minutes"....how about the 'Beachcombers' or 'King of Kensington'. Would that have helped? Let's be honest CBC television is not great. And personally, I'd rather watch Survivor than Air Farce.

I would have to say that I am biased because I know a lot of people who have to deal with the insular, bureaucratic world inside of the CBC, particularly CBC Sports. Nancy Lee and her buddy Sue Prestedge are just two examples of people who don't belong in sports broadcasting. So am I biased because of that. Sure.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:01 am

OK....so what should have I put up there? Air Farce? "This Hour has 22 Minutes"....how about the 'Beachcombers' or 'King of Kensington'.


Or the Irish Rovers right after the Beachcombers on a sunday nite ... of course that would be followed by John boy and the Waltons ... hmmm Battlestar Galactica used to run for a while too I guess.

Its not all bad on CBC and I don't ever want to condemn them and say that they should just tank out but certainly some of their required programming is ... shall I say "weak" in comparison with other stations.

Having said that my parents love watching CBC ... but thats just a good indication of the audience they are appealing to... the question is how much longer will that aged audience be around.

Grizz
Grizz
User avatar
Grizzly
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:35 am
Location: Dawson Creek

Next

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests