oooooohhhhhhhh I can't wait for EA NHL 07

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

MonZer
AHL Prospect

oooooohhhhhhhh I can't wait for EA NHL 07

Post by MonZer »

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/829/ ... mgs_1.html

I am not a big a gamer but the only game that i do play or have been playing since as far back as 1994 was EA nhl 04... and i have been hooked on to them since then... and after looking at those game teaser picture and info on the new EA NHL 07... i just can't wait... it is going to be awesome.... i have already put my order in.... man... i am just so excited and so looking forward to the up coming season......

please keep posting up the new info and pics on heere............

Man the graphics looks so damn realistic.... few of my buddies came over the other day and we play nhl 07 on sega genesis man that was fun.... when you get a big hit the whole screen crashes for like 5 secons and then you see body parts and the injury summery pop up.... good times........

anyways.... hopefully it lives up to its expectations.... they have not let me down so far and i don't think they will now......
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

You played NHL '04 in 1994? That is incredible. How did you get your hands on a game ten years before its release? Were the rosters accurate?

Also, when was NHL '07 released for Sega Genesis? I thought they stopped producing Genesis games a decade ago.
nuckknowitall1944
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckknowitall1944 »

wow you really cut em down there minnesota hahahh.
EA was a good game back in the genesis days, an NHL 02 was decent for the PS2, but after that a game made by sega 2k sports came out an actually blew it away with its gameplay maybe not graphiclly but overall the 2k series is way better, i could go on with reasons why it is but i just got off work an am very lazy so eventually in the future i may make another post....Does anyone agree???
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The 2k series did become better. Though last year in all honesty both series were crap. Both need a complete rebuild and 2k7 seriously needs to do some beta testing to get rid of the countless bugs that always seem to prevent a person from completing a season..

The good thing about NHL 07 for the 360 is that it is essentially a ground up rebuild. The new 2k7 seems to be the same old same old with new skating models/animations. NHL 07 may end being the same old same old as well but I think I'm going to given them another chance this year after 4 years. But I'll be waiting to see the reviews before making my decision. I'll probably rent them as well beforehand. There is a good chance I'll scrap hockey video games altogether for another year and just play Fifa 07 and winning eleven instead.

The thing that concerns me about NHL 07 is some of the gameplay videos that have been released. The new control upper body and stick position sounds great but too often in those videos I see a guy willdy moving the stick from left ot right left to right and walking through everybody. It really doesn't look good. There is also one spot in one video where Pronger is carrying the puck over the blueline and a D-man lines him up, delivers the hit and....passes right through him. Pronger goes in "untouched" and scores. Perhaps these are things that result from the difficulty level being on easy for these videos or hitting turned off but it looked ridiculous and should never have made it to a promtional video. Not to mention some of the shootout vidoes look just terrible and they are breaking the fundamental rule of penalty shots...the puck must be moving forward at all times. The demonstration shootouts are riddled with spinoramas, unrealistic puck control etc.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Hmmmn. All this talk is very disturbing to me, as I've sworn off any sort of game or sport my eight year old son can beat me at.

Which has basically left me with drinking games and bare knuckle fistfighting . . . ;)

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM MEERSCHAUM JR.: "Hey look mom! Dad has a rocket launcher, machine gun, plasma rifle, chain gun, shot gun and grenades . . and I'm still beating him up with a flashlight!"

ANOTHER ACTUAL QUOTE FOM MEERSCHAUM JR.: "Dad, why are you still betting on a pair of tens when it's obvious Uncle Jim has drawn to a backdoor straight?"
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

Which has basically left me with drinking games and bare knuckle fistfighting . . .
What else really matters?
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

NHL 94 was the greatest game of all time at the time it was released.

However, Winning Eleven is unmatched in all sports games (yes, I'm including Madden) for its game play. Simply superb.

I'll probably read the NHL 07 reviews. I really liked the 06 game, probably b/c it was my first game for the PS2. The new idea with the controls sounds great (puck actually moves on its own accord, not straight line vectoring, plus the use of dual joysticks) but it sounds like something that will need perfecting and may be annoying in the first edition.

We shall see.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

NHL 2k5 had shitty graphics.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:NHL 2k5 had shitty graphics.
I just bought an xbox360 and i couldnt wait for the new EA hockey to come out, so i bought 2k6 and its TERRIBLE! i've seen better graphics on a playstation
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

An NHL game on the Nintendo Wii might be interesting depending on how they implement it.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

oooooh, take a look at some of these pics!

http://sports.ign.com/articles/716/716529p1.html

Have a 1st look at bertuzzi in a pathers jersey and our very own all star goalie wearing our colours! yeah!! :shock:
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

I read somewhere that the dual analog sticks and updated puck movement (where it moves independently of its vector, like a real game) is only seen on the Xbox 360, not on the PS2, Xbox or similar "current generation" platforms. Anyone know if that is true?
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i havent heard anything about that, but i do know if you havent considered buying an xbox360 yet, maybe this will help sway you!! i've been playin mine for the majority of the summer and the graphics are amazing. it certainly sounds like there may be some added detail to the 360 version
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Goon2 wrote:I read somewhere that the dual analog sticks and updated puck movement (where it moves independently of its vector, like a real game) is only seen on the Xbox 360, not on the PS2, Xbox or similar "current generation" platforms. Anyone know if that is true?
The current gen version of NHL 07 will be basically the same as last year with the right analog stick for passing, only the Xbox 360 will have the new puck physics and control scheme. Too lazy too look for a good link, but I think its mentioned in the gamespot preview.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ge=1&q=&q=
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

Thanks for the info, guys. I would love an Xbox 360, but I can't afford it right now. I have to wait for the price to come down.

The link was helpful.