Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Pratt and Taylor or Marjanovich; who would you rather listen to

Pratt and Taylor
47%
Marjanovich
53%

Total votes: 30

Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

Paul De Bron wrote:Guys, guys, guys.........Enough knocking Jeff.....it's not him, and it's nobody from 1040. Keep guessing.
Really :wow: Gee thanks for clearing that up Paul. Or whoever you are ;)
Paul De Bron
AHL Prospect

Post by Paul De Bron »

Oh no, it's really Paul De Bron. Luckily, I have no life, so you'll never see me out in public
adios, muchachos!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

DE Bron

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Krusty wrote:
Paul De Bron wrote:Guys, guys, guys.........Enough knocking Jeff.....it's not him, and it's nobody from 1040. Keep guessing.

It's REALLY Paul de Bron. Don't believe me, just call 280-TEAM when the Pratt and Taylor show is on and ask Paul if he is ever on Canucks Corner.

As for me....let's just say that you should all keep guessing.

JL
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Re: DE Bron

Post by Krusty »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Krusty wrote:

It's REALLY Paul de Bron. Don't believe me, just call 280-TEAM when the Pratt and Taylor show is on and ask Paul if he is ever on Canucks Corner.

As for me....let's just say that you should all keep guessing.

JL
I'll get right on that "Dave"

Wow. The local media guys around here must be bored. :?
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

If it's not Leyland, then what about Joe Leary? Buy Leary a drink and anyone can win a Traffie Award!
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Krusty
AHL Prospect

Post by Krusty »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:If it's not Leyland, then what about Joe Leary? Buy Leary a drink and anyone can win a Traffie Award!
Wait... It must be Squire Barnes!! :lol: :lol:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Joe Leary

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:If it's not Leyland, then what about Joe Leary? Buy Leary a drink and anyone can win a Traffie Award!
Nope. I'm not Joe Leary.....but you're getting closer.

JL

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Okay....Enough of the cheap shots and rhetoric.....

Who has the best sportscast in the city?

Radio....
CKNW
News 1130
Team 1040
MOJO 730

And why?

T.V.
Sportsnet
Sportspage
TSN
CTV
City T.V.
Global
the SCORE

And why?

Personally, on radio, I like Rick Dhaliwal for information on the TEAM. And I like the updates on WX. TV, I'm a Sportsnet guy, with a mix of Sportspage, when Squire or Dan Elliot AREN'T hosting. Also like CTV, and the SCORE. That new SCORE Reporter is sure hot too.
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But never, EVER, pick your friend's noses!!!!! BOOGER!!!
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

David Pratt can't be Travis Goodman, since I heard him say this morning he just got back from England. Hmmmm, where's Inspector Cluseau when you need him?

LOL
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Well, PMN,

The pinnacle of sports broadcasting in Vancouver was at Sportspage when Taylor was King & Shorthouse was a snot nose. Remember that horrible playoff peach fuzz? They made fun of it for years afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's been downhill for Taylor ever since.

But I think next hockey season, whenever that might be, might shake a lot out of the "what's best" question, at least pertaining to radio.

Obviously Sportsnet has the best coverage of the Canucks, and we all know that's what truly matters.

FYI, during season, I listen to 1130 at :15 & :45, Team at 20 minute intervals, Moj on drive home, followed by Squire @6:45, TSN at 8, Score at 8:30, Taylor at 10, Sportspage at 11, and VTV or whatever it's now called at 11:20, before TSN again at 11:30 for late game interviews. At least, when the Canucks aren't playing.
Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

SREZ

That's a lot of highlights.....Don't get sick of it eh?

So since you listen to all the stations, who are your favorite broadcasters on radio and T.V.?
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:Okay....Enough of the cheap shots and rhetoric.....

Who has the best sportscast in the city?

Personally, on radio, I like Rick Dhaliwal for information on the TEAM. And I like the updates on WX. TV, I'm a Sportsnet guy, with a mix of Sportspage, when Squire or Dan Elliot AREN'T hosting. Also like CTV, and the SCORE. That new SCORE Reporter is sure hot too.
I agree that Rick is not bad on the updates. He's actually pretty underrated when you think of the other guys who do updates.

A few guys who I like who aren't on very much anymore include Lee Powell and even Paul Carson.

JL

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Pick_My_Nose wrote:David Pratt can't be Travis Goodman, since I heard him say this morning he just got back from England. Hmmmm, where's Inspector Cluseau when you need him?

LOL
I had you going about Leyland though Pick my Niose! Then I thought....geez, maybe Pick my Nose will pop him the next time he sees him at the Roxy!

JL

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

SRsez wrote:Well, PMN,

The pinnacle of sports broadcasting in Vancouver was at Sportspage when Taylor was King & Shorthouse was a snot nose. Remember that horrible playoff peach fuzz? They made fun of it for years afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's been downhill for Taylor ever since.
I still like Taylor. He had more jam and a sense of humour when he was on Sportspage with Randorf and Co. but he's still OK. I will admit that Pratt seems to have taken him down a bit with the negativity.

JL

Pick_My_Nose
CC Rookie

Post by Pick_My_Nose »

Pratt....You had me with the Leyland thing! Ha Ha Ha.... I thought I had figured it out. So are you in the media industry?

As for Taylor, I agree with you that he's not as whitty as he was on the Page. But let's not forget that when you do a National show, even though he's in the Pacific region, there are different rules to follow than when you're a local show and Carson let the boys do what they pretty much wanted on the air. I also wonder if Taylor's having fun with Pratt on the air. I've heard Taylor really doesn't care for Pratt's antics and spew that comes out of his mouth. And is really only there so he can keep his wife at home with the kids.

I'm a fan of Dhaliwal too. Curious though if he learned all his pausing and Uh's and Ah's on air from his time under the tutiledge under Gary Rable.