Pet Peeves

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Pet Peeves

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Ok Everyone,

Thought I'd ask everyone what their biggest pet peeve is. Mine is simple. I HATE telemarketers. When they phone me around 7:00 PM when I'm in the middle of eating dinner I usually pick up the phone, ask them how they would feel if some interrupted them and then I tell them to go F^&*K themselves.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

You are a big meanie :evil:
Those people have to make a living too.
Just because they get paid to talk for a living instead of real work like the rest of us
........oh...er...gee.. :whistle:
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I just tell them to hang on for a second then put the phone down and go back to what I was doing. They hang up well before I pick it up again. :lol:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I hang up if the person on the other end doesn't respond immediately. The delayed hello gives me the time to hang up before anything happens.

I agree with you dp, I hate telemarketing.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Just tell them to put you on the "Do Not Call List"... Oh wait... 8-)
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Ilike to ask them sexually explicit questions about farm animals. You would be surprised at what some say. Try it! (Asking those questions not farm animals)
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

ververgaert wrote:Ilike to ask them sexually explicit questions about farm animals. You would be surprised at what some say. Try it! (Asking those questions not farm animals)
I was having dinner and had just finished a big bowl of chili. When someone phoned me and asked me if I was 'The Man of the House', I put my cordless phone right below my butt cheeks and let one RIPPPP.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Kurtenmeat
AHL Prospect

Post by Kurtenmeat »

Number one, I HATE telemarketers!! I am in sales but I can't stand it when someone ASSUMES the I want to talk to them when I am at home. The last phone call I had (trying to sell me some "investment opportunity"), I asked them to wait while I went to the bathroom-- between grunts, groans, "unnnhhhh's", "oh-mygod-it-fuckin'-hurts", "owwww's"and "wow, that felt good's" THEY hung up on ME. I highly recommend this technique -- right up there with answering the door naked with the Mormons.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

I HATE slow walkers in malls. I HATE newbie thread posters. I HATE ignorant lazy people. I HATE a lot of things.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
ververgaert wrote:Ilike to ask them sexually explicit questions about farm animals. You would be surprised at what some say. Try it! (Asking those questions not farm animals)
I was having dinner and had just finished a big bowl of chili. When someone phoned me and asked me if I was 'The Man of the House', I put my cordless phone right below my butt cheeks and let one RIPPPP.

dp
That was you?