GDT: Canes @ Canucks, 12/12/19, 1900hrs

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canes @ Canucks, 12/12/19, 1900hrs

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm How do we get Bo to step up his offence?
Give him a decent line mate?
His line was our best last night. They arent dangling corner pickers necessarily, theyre playing a power game and it was effective.
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Pettersson still on his goofy rocker skates they were talking about in the preseason and do they effect his balance at the point of contact?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 am Is Pettersson still on his goofy rocker skates they were talking about in the preseason and do they effect his balance at the point of contact?
Good question. He looks like Bambi on ice
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 am Damn entertaining game
I thought it sucked except for Markstrom's phenomenal performance. Few more outings from the skaters like that and we'll
be spending a whack of time looking at the 2020 draft rankings.
Our boys were disorganized and that's on them but it's on Green and his cohorts too.
Yes. We have key injuries (Edler, Ferland), but we can be better than that.

We even had a lot of the calls go our way.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hey Wiz, why'd you delete your Carl Yagro racoon face comment last night? I was thinking too that she looked worse for wear :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:32 am Hey Wiz, why'd you delete your Carl Yagro racoon face comment last night? I was thinking too that she looked worse for wear :D
I dont know where it went. Censored again! :evil:

It wasnt thaaat bad...was it?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:25 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 am Damn entertaining game
I thought it sucked except for Markstrom's phenomenal performance. Few more outings from the skaters like that and we'll
be spending a whack of time looking at the 2020 draft rankings.
Our boys were disorganized and that's on them but it's on Green and his cohorts too.
Yes. We have key injuries (Edler, Ferland), but we can be better than that.

We even had a lot of the calls go our way.
The canucks got better as the game went on and they could adjust their game. You cant hang onto pucks with these guys and i thought it was a real good game for them in that they were finding ways to create space.

The canes are one of the top teams in the league for a reason
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:54 am
5thhorseman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:32 am Hey Wiz, why'd you delete your Carl Yagro racoon face comment last night? I was thinking too that she looked worse for wear :D

Nah, you just made it sound like she was up all night tweaking with the Dude :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm How do we get Bo to step up his offence?
His line was our best last night. They arent dangling corner pickers necessarily, theyre playing a power game and it was effective.
Either way they are still 3rd line players. Good ones but still 3rd line guys on a good team. I’m of the opinion that Miller and Bo should be tethered to each other with Virtanen on the right side. The team has four legit top
6 forwards. Green feels the need to play 3 of them on one line.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:54 am

Nah, you just made it sound like she was up all night tweaking with the Dude :lol:
Yeah, my response to Wiz was wiped out almost immediately after it was posted.

All I said was Doyle didn't have the wingspan to handle the wide shoulders of the CY interstate.

Are all variances of the term "gullet injections" now banned and censored?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ya man. Where does it end? Doyley has used throatpump as a verb for generations...

The man is really harshing buzzes of late

:lol:
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:25 am Damn entertaining game even if it had no scoring. Full credit to a very very fast and tenacious forechecking carolina group over there. I havent seen a team on the canucks all over the ice so quick yet this season.
Carolina was extremely aggressive on the PK and the Canucks suffered. I recall a game a few weeks ago when there was a team that was extremely aggressive on the power play and a step slower and the Canucks scored on their first three opportunities....

But this post is correct: sometimes the balance of a game tips in the other team's favor because they simply play veryed well. The Canucks had a few unenforced errors (but nothing more than usual). But I thought the Canucks skating was decent and decisionmaking okay. Carolina, though, was clicking everywhere but in the finish. Markstrom was the main reason, but credit the Canuck defenders who did a decent job at getting to the puck or taking out a man when there was a dangerous rebound.
Hono_rary Canadian
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think we just need to face the facts that Bo Horvat isn't the most talented player in the world, he's kind of like Ryan Kesler in that regard that he is not the best passer/playmaker out there and RK doesn't mesh well with a lot of wingers either, in fact just like Bo, RK played his best with crash and bangers as well to generate points.

Compare Bo to Pettersson who can make any winger work, Horvat the not as talented center needs a winger who can generate points with anyone like a Marian Hossa.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

SKYO wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:07 pm I think we just need to face the facts that Bo Horvat isn't the most talented player in the world, he's kind of like Ryan Kesler in that regard that he is not the best passer/playmaker out there and RK doesn't mesh well with a lot of wingers either, in fact just like Bo, RK played his best with crash and bangers as well to generate points.
Truth. Bo isn't the best passer. He isn't the best playmaker.

In fact, it frustrates me that he still doesn't see the plays develop to set up his linemates with. Instead, too often he tries to rely on his junior moves to try to beat the D. Just like Kes.

Miller on the other hand, is a much better playmaker and passer than most people knew. Very underrated in my opinion.

Remember when AV said publicly that Kesler should his wingers more? Someone should bring that to the Captain's attention.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hank wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:37 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:07 pm I think we just need to face the facts that Bo Horvat isn't the most talented player in the world, he's kind of like Ryan Kesler in that regard that he is not the best passer/playmaker out there and RK doesn't mesh well with a lot of wingers either, in fact just like Bo, RK played his best with crash and bangers as well to generate points.
Truth. Bo isn't the best passer. He isn't the best playmaker.

In fact, it frustrates me that he still doesn't see the plays develop to set up his linemates with. Instead, too often he tries to rely on his junior moves to try to beat the D. Just like Kes.

Miller on the other hand, is a much better playmaker and passer than most people knew. Very underrated in my opinion.

Remember when AV said publicly that Kesler should his wingers more? Someone should bring that to the Captain's attention.
Exactly, why I'm tired of trying to find players he works best with lol...

Most of points now come with playing the rock stars on the powerplay now iirc, hughes, petey, boeser -
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.