Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:01 am
He will be wanting 10 million per over seven years. Even if they could afford it, which they can’t,

Stay the course. Some folks can’t handle a rebuild.
Maybe 9.8 ;) ............................ too old now anyway

XXX

We should be thinking of a conservative 3 scoring line system anyways.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:41 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 am Hall would be far down the wishlist for van.

A physical top 4 dman would be at the top...signing ufa jake muzzin next july perhaps?
Yeah, agreed. A scoring winger like T.Hall would be nice to have, but he's not really what we need. We have a lot of depth up front, but on the backend not so much. I think what we need more than anything is a RS D with a booming shot who can play top 4 minutes (a Sami Salo type would be perfect, just not as injury prone). Muzzin would totally help us more than Hall, but he's a LS D. I have said b4 that if B.Burns is ever available, he's one guy I wouldn't mind blowing the wad on. He checks a lot of boxes in what we need and may be the missing piece to push us into a legit contender.

If we're lucky, maybe the one-eyed Brogan Rafferty will be that guy. Hopefully he continues to develop well in Utica and we'll see closer to the end of the season if he can step in and help us this season.
That is a very good proposal. Good on ya.
I had a feeling about you two! :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Id subscribe to that in a heartbeat.

I see a cab with cams and the awkward interactions contained within
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Brent Burns turns 35 in 2 months.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:01 am
SKYO wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:22 am Taylor Hall - Elias Pettersson - Jake Virtanen

JT Miller - Bo Horvat - Brock Boeser

That top 6 can swing big dicks with the Avs, Knights, Caps and Pens though.

Hawks won a cup quick while Toews/Kane were cheap before they sold high on a lot of great depth to fit in the cap and had to retool, high end forward group is vital.

NJD fans looking for a top LD prospect and goalie.

OJ/Demko+ cap hit.
That package wouldn’t be close to enough to get Hall. And how exactly are the Canucks going to pay him on his next contract? He will be wanting 10 million per over seven years. Even if they could afford it, which they can’t, it would be a stupid signing.
That's a lot for a rental..

Because we are not resigning him.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Olaf has fuck all value and Demko has a bit. I don’t want Hall but that garbage package isn’t getting him anyways.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 am Olaf has fuck all value and Demko has a bit. I don’t want Hall but that garbage package isn’t getting him anyways.
The talk is a 1st rd pick, a top prospect, a roster player and another conditional 1st rounder if he resigns.

Ya fuck off shero.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:27 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 am Olaf has fuck all value and Demko has a bit. I don’t want Hall but that garbage package isn’t getting him anyways.
The talk is a 1st rd pick, a top prospect, a roster player and another conditional 1st rounder if he resigns.

Ya fuck off shero.
Yeah that’s too much. I was just referring to SKYO’s shitty package. Olaf’s value has cratered and Demko while promising doesn’t possess a ton of value. You’d be lucky to get Miles Wood for that let alone Taylor Hall.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

In fairness Hall isnt worth anywhere near that wish list either. He might get a top d prospect like Byram and a 1st....maybe.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am In fairness Hall isnt worth anywhere near that wish list either. He might get a top d prospect like Byram and a 1st....maybe.
No way Sakic gives them that for a rental. If the Devils could get Byram they'd be wise to take it & run
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am In fairness Hall isnt worth anywhere near that wish list either. He might get a top d prospect like Byram and a 1st....maybe.
I doubt Sakic would give up that much, he's a pure rental, and Colorado is built for the long-term.

I could see a team like Arizona offering something crazy - a team desperate to make the playoffs, without overbearing local media scrutiny. Kinda like the crazy deadline deals Atlanta did at the end.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am
I doubt Sakic would give up that much, he's a pure rental, and Colorado is built for the long-term.

I could see a team like Arizona offering something crazy - a team desperate to make the playoffs, without overbearing local media scrutiny. Kinda like the crazy deadline deals Atlanta did at the end.
Lets hope Arizona falls for the bait. Theyre directly competing with Van for wildcard slots and we need them to fuck up their chemistry with a me first whiner like taylor hall
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

dangler wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 am
No way Sakic gives them that for a rental. If the Devils could get Byram they'd be wise to take it & run
Sakic is proving to be a smart little fucker. He knows the devils need to offload and it looks like the chess game is well under way. Our competition falling all over themselves to mess with team chemistry is exactly what we should hope for
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So STL is having trouble resigning Pietrangelo and there's talk of toilet making an offer on him.

He would be an unreal add to our team but the assets needed to acquire would gut our already weak system.

If he and Muzzin both hit UFA this summer, what would y'all like Benning to do? Muzzin would command 6-7 but AP probably looking at closer to Karlsson money (10+)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol @ garbage.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.