Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Adam Gaudette has arrived. He was s beast last night, especially on Roussel and Fatburgers goal
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 am Adam Gaudette has arrived. He was s beast last night, especially on Roussel and Fatburgers goal
I think he hit the juice this offseason, seeing him in the dressing room he looks pretty ripped
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 am Adam Gaudette has arrived. He was s beast last night, especially on Roussel and Fatburgers goal
I think he hit the juice this offseason, seeing him in the dressing room he looks pretty ripped
He’s fast as stink now too. Skating is way better and actually is crafty positionally, passing, getting available in shooting lanes, great shot, great anticipation.... Genius draft pick!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Definitely have some healthy competition at centre with Gaudette pushing the ranks. 6 goals, 7 assists in 19 games. A pace for 24 goals and 28 assists
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:37 am Erickssson. playing like a 5.1 million dollar waste, as that's the cost difference of a call up. I dislike his play so bad, I cant be bothered to spell his name right
:D :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am
Adam on the radio admitting, Ya, I've been keeping track of my games played, ;) but also says it doesn't matter because I know
I gotta keep pushing and improving cause anyone can be sent down if their play isn't where it should be.
Good stuff.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Any value from a 5th rounder is terrific.

He does look better this season. Speed concerns aren't eliminated for me (more first two steps quickness than skating speed), but I think he is playing with mountains more confidence and decisiveness. That makes him "faster" because decisiveness, tenacity, and creativity creates the need for the opposition to make quick decisions.

But my hope is that he hasn't arrived; that there is more to come. He's decent on the forecheck and in the neutral zone; ideally he will tighten up/smarten up the d-zone game and get as comfortable on wing as at center so that he can slide around the lineup.
Hono_rary Canadian
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

UWSaint wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 pm
But my hope is that he hasn't arrived; that there is more to come. He's decent on the forecheck and in the neutral zone; ideally he will tighten up/smarten up the d-zone game and get as comfortable on wing as at center so that he can slide around the lineup.
Yeah, gotta be happy with the development and play of the Hockey Gaud. I hope he can get stronger, better on faceoffs and become a reliable 2-way guy with more experience. He's already showing a pretty good offensive skillset. I'm hoping he'll be more of a Kesler than a Sutter and push BoHo for minutes on the 2nd line C spot. Man, if Gaud and Petey can continue to get better adding them to BoHo, Sutter and Beags, we might have the best starting centres on a team in the league. :P
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:42 pm
Yeah, gotta be happy with the development and play of the Hockey Gaud. I hope he can get stronger, better on faceoffs and become a reliable 2-way guy with more experience. He's already showing a pretty good offensive skillset. I'm hoping he'll be more of a Kesler than a Sutter and push BoHo for minutes on the 2nd line C spot. Man, if Gaud and Petey can continue to get better adding them to BoHo, Sutter and Beags, we might have the best starting centres on a team in the league. :P
Strength's not an isssue
if he can improve on his faceoffs he could easily be top 6
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Strength's not an isssue
If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 pm
dangler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm
Strength's not an isssue
If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
1 injury to Pettersson or Horvat plonks him on the new 2nd line I'd say.
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dangler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm Strength's not an isssue
Gaud still looks a bit thin to me and is listed @ 170 lbs. I'd like to see him bulk up a bit and be at maybe 180-190 lbs.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 pm If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
Yeah, hopefully he can be versatile guy who can play centre or wing no prob @ any time (kind of like Jimothy Timothy).
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Growing our own. Awesome! Best thing about Gaudette is "he knows" he has to continuously work hard. Not going to be multiple
chances for a later round pick so make the first time count.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 pm If he wants to play on one of the top two lines here it will be on the wing.
This is probably right, but I really question this idea of lines 1 and 2 being the "scoring" lines and lines 3 and 4 being the checking lines. To me, the breakdown to think about is top 3, middle 6, 4th line. A successful team needs a third line more in common with a second line than a second 4th line, if that makes sense.

And if the second best offensive center is the best shut down center, you use that when you need a shut down line. That's what the Canucks did with Kesler when he developed his offense was the clear #2, and it worked well. Its what Green did with Horvat against McDavid, and it worked great the first night.

Point is, there's value to 3 lines who can threaten, and I don't mind using one of those lines to match up when needed. If the third line can be threatening, the line will get similar ice time numbers to the second line. In which case, the 2C 3C distinction is meaningless. Plus, that approach makes it a bear to play the match game against.
Hono_rary Canadian
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 pm
This is probably right, but I really question this idea of lines 1 and 2 being the "scoring" lines and lines 3 and 4 being the checking lines. To me, the breakdown to think about is top 3, middle 6, 4th line. A successful team needs a third line more in common with a second line than a second 4th line, if that makes sense.

And if the second best offensive center is the best shut down center, you use that when you need a shut down line. That's what the Canucks did with Kesler when he developed his offense was the clear #2, and it worked well. Its what Green did with Horvat against McDavid, and it worked great the first night.

Point is, there's value to 3 lines who can threaten, and I don't mind using one of those lines to match up when needed. If the third line can be threatening, the line will get similar ice time numbers to the second line. In which case, the 2C 3C distinction is meaningless. Plus, that approach makes it a bear to play the match game against.
Green talks of top 9
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.