GDT: 11/19/19--Canucks vs Stars > 5:30pm > SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 11/19/19--Canucks vs Stars > 5:30pm > SNETP

Post by SKYO »

Time to waive Eriksson.

Just like the successful Islander team did with Ladd.
Lou Lamoriello says Isles will place LW Andrew Ladd on waivers for the purpose of re-assigning him to Bridgeport (AHL).

Lou says organization did not see enough from Ladd in five-game conditioning stint to believe he's ready to return to NHL.

Lou believes he'll clear.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Slow starts,no pushback,no jump
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

This is what happens when you don't rise to the occasion.

Dallas is 11-1-1 in their last 13.

Onward and upward...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm Time to waive Eriksson.

Just like the successful Islander team did with Ladd.
Lou Lamoriello says Isles will place LW Andrew Ladd on waivers for the purpose of re-assigning him to Bridgeport (AHL).

Lou says organization did not see enough from Ladd in five-game conditioning stint to believe he's ready to return to NHL.

Lou believes he'll clear.
Get it done Jimmy!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm :(
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm Lafrenierre could be that winger for Bo. Doyles your thoughts?
As much as I’d like to see this team finally make the post season again, I’d probably prefer Lafreniere or Byfield or Raymond or a couple others. They are still a couple of big pieces away from competing with the big boys on a regular basis.

Meh... let them dust themselves off and rip them a new one Green. Skate the shit out of them tomorrow in practice. Need to light a fire under these guys. This poor play didn’t just start. It’s been going on for ten games.
Draft:

Winger - Lafrenierre, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Or

Defence - Drysdale, Barron (both righties)

We draft a centre - Byfield, Lundell, Lapierre or Rossi then Horvat is as good as gone.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:28 pm This is what happens when you don't rise to the occasion.

Dallas is 11-1-1 in their last 13.

Onward and upward...
Right Doc. “Charlie Don’t Surf!”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ Poopy Diaper Chef Sure or you could wait until the 18 year old kid is ready. You could move Bo to the wing or trade him for a young D man. But I realize you want to run his ass out of town.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:36 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm :(
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm Lafrenierre could be that winger for Bo. Doyles your thoughts?
As much as I’d like to see this team finally make the post season again, I’d probably prefer Lafreniere or Byfield or Raymond or a couple others. They are still a couple of big pieces away from competing with the big boys on a regular basis.

Meh... let them dust themselves off and rip them a new one Green. Skate the shit out of them tomorrow in practice. Need to light a fire under these guys. This poor play didn’t just start. It’s been going on for ten games.
Draft:

Winger - Lafrenierre, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Or

Defence - Drysdale, Barron (both righties)

We draft a centre - Byfield, Lundell, Lapierre or Rossi then Horvat is as good as gone.
Oh for sure. You always name a guy captain and then draft his replacement the next year to get rid of him.....great logic there Dude. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only good thing tonight is Calgary lost in regulation. That always makes me feel better.

You could tell in the first 10 minutes what type of game it was going to be. They have been a different team these last ten games, and ya we have excuses, but the only call up who has played like he wants to be here is Gaudette. We lack depth. As much as we want to slag Sutter or Beagle we are a different team when they are hurt. We lose that shutdown defensive experience and players like Bo get ridden too hard.

Ericksson has yet to show this year he wants to be here, or deserves to be here. With the injuries he has been given a golden opportunity to show he belongs. He doesn’t seem interested in earning his way back to the top six. Too bad really. But time to cut him lose. I was all for giving him a chance, well he’s had it. Goldobin could play the same minutes and get a few points.

We need some sandpaper back in the lineup. Hopefully that will come soon.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

We got Big Mac on a slow simmer.

Ain't no-one slagged Beags as far as I can tell.

But yeah Hdubs, we be missin Ferland.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2nd: 11:24 Vancouver Bo Horvat (7) ASST: Brock Boeser (12) 1-2
https://streamable.com/wz5lf#
"We weren't very good all night. Their team looked like they came out with a purpose in their game... We weren't good tonight in a lot of areas." - Green
"I'm not calling out our goalies on a night tonight. We hung Marky out to dry a bit tonight."
Coach Green did not give a post-game. !

Post-game Bo Horvat----very frustrated.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-4632275
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just watched game.
Called out for emergency shift at airport late this afternoon to drive around in a brightly colored pick-up truck, runway checks,
Plenty of people must be sick, I'm about 4th on the list.

This isn't just a slump. The team is officially in disarray. Coach Green is in trouble. He doesn't know what to do. Neither do Newel or Nolan.
Is it that Brandon Sutter makes this much difference?

Dallas is a Very good team bur they have a couple of nasty injuries themselves. IMO. they are coached far better than we are.
A simplistic statement but....

Having Louis Eriksson playing on a regular basis is ridiculous at this point. Baertschi is not working out and Leivo gets gifted prime ice-time.
I'm not saying Pettersson, Boeser or Hughes are above having their ice-time cut when they are playing under expectations, but...
WAIT! Actually, I am saying that because there aint anyone else to do what they can. Might I add, FFS!

This is beginning to look like the clipboard days.

Send LE down and get him away from the team. Send Baertschi back down. Give Zack MacEwen a shot and believe it or not, Bring up Goldobin.
Stop messing with whatever chemistry there is because of a couple of bad shifts. That is a big part of the reason players are missing their
assignments.

It's a dirty rotten shame when All your best players are having a confidence problem. Why are they.......
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, Benn with a big game against us, strolling in to score a goal on us like a walk in the park. We really need Tryamkin to knock him on his ass again. :P
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Only managed to watch the first, doesn’t seem like I missed much the rest of the way.

I’m not terribly surprised the hot (unsustainable) start has worn off. I figured they might be able to keep it going into the “dog days” of the season before coming back to earth.

Young team, still learning consistency. I do think a bag skate is in order after getting bombed by 5. Younger legs, they should recover quickly.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:22 pm We got Big Mac on a slow simmer.

Ain't no-one slagged Beags as far as I can tell.

But yeah Hdubs, we be missin Ferland.
Ebonics. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.