Rahimi offered contract

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

gobi
MVP
MVP

Rahimi offered contract

Post by gobi »

That was a quick signing by the Canucks. Guess DN wants to bring him to the moose quickly for his development. The link is below for those who can read swedish.

Link
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I google'd "free swedish translation" and copied the article from that link above, here's what I got:
Rahimi sheep NHL - contract 19- peppery Daniel Rahimi from Björklöven , was getting in evenings kontraktsförslag with NHL - layer Vancouver Canucks. The am standing wholly quiet. The feel indescribable. Hillocks Daniel Rahimi stayed newly draftad as second performer of Vancouver Canucks. Wonder precedence weeks reveal VK that Vancouver each interested of Rahimi very interested. Now is the one fact. Club had offer one tvåvägs treårskontrakt with talent. And the is nothing badly contract. Definitely nothing shame. Looking to ages and what he has performed is the really good. Probably should he nots serve somewhat on that wait. Vancouver am exposing with the here that they am believing very on Rahimi , says agent Pontus Norén. Agreement of purchase and sale am arriving in one intensely spoon. Rahimi had only Friday on themselves that write agreement of purchase and sale. Do he nots the , am arriving he that vest Björklövens A - law further a season. Exculpate off the cuff , must self say that the feel alluring , says Rahimi. Am choosing hillocks that write on , am becoming he the first Björklövet on consequential 20 year , as am typing on for a NHL - club.
some of my favorite highlights are:

"Exculpate off the cuff , must self say that the feel alluring , says Rahimi."

"peppery Daniel Rahimi"

"Agreement of purchase and sale am arriving in one intensely spoon."

and of course "Rahimi sheep NHL"

now that that's cleared up
:?
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

A free Swedish translation from Sweden... better than Google I hope ;)
--------------

Canucks has offered Rahimi a three year, two-way contract.

His agent Pontus Norén says: "It's not a bad contract. They (Canucks) are definitely not low-balling him. With respect to his age, and what he has shown so far, it is a really good offer. With this offer the Canucks are showing that they beleive in Rahimi."

Rahimi will have to sign the contract on Friday. If he doesn't he will be under contract with Björklöven (Swedish 2nd division) for one more year.

"By heart, I must admit it feels tempting", Rahimi says. "It's unbelievable."

If he signs, he'll be the first Björklöven player to sign for an NHL team in more than 20 years (my comment: the last ones may have been Ulf Dahlén or possibly the Sundström twins... I can't remember where Dahlén played when he signed... hmmm... it couldn't be more than 20 years ago so I guess he didn't play för Björklöven at the time)

----

Interesting that he has to sign latest Friday. That would mean yesterday so I guess we will soon know whether he signed or not...
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 19,00.html

It's official... Rahimi signed. I'll make a translation tomorrow...
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Bret H wrote:http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 19,00.html

It's official... Rahimi signed. I'll make a translation tomorrow...
Thanks 'SVEN"

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Rahimi has only played a handful of games for Björklöven but how he has been signed by the Canucks.

Just a few hours before the deadline the 19 year old signed a contract that will make him teammate with the Sedin brothers, Mattias Öhlund and Markus Näslund.

"It's not far from the max (rookie?, my comment)" says Rahimi who is very pleased with the deal, which is very flexible.

"I will go to camp in September and then we will decide where I will end up playing". He can be playing in the NHL but most likely he will play in the AHL. He also has the option to return to Björlklöven this season, without losing his sign-on bonus.

"It feels very good that I have this option. A perfect solution".
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

So far he's had an impressive training camp. A little week on the defensive aspect but he can sure as heck hit. Once he develops and adapts to the North American game he'll be a great 4th or 5th defenseman.
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Can't wait to see this kid play. Wow, in a few years.. we can have 3 swedish blueliners with Ohlund, Edler and Rahimi. I wonder if they intend to play them together on the Moose?

It will be intresting to see what he brings to the main camp.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

I like how Edler and Rahimi complement each other, don't know if this was by coincidence or drafted by design...both need to improve their defensive work, but that is common with defensemen and not at this point worrying, but Edler is the mobile, offensive guy while Rahimi provides us with a physical beast.
Mark
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Where is Rahimi playing this year btw?
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Rahimi is playing for Bjorkloven, Swedish second division. He's on Team Sweden's roster for the junior WC, so make sure you get up early to watch the games :D