Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:11 pm
micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:46 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am His Dad was stocky he will fill out. But it’s not like it’s Blobbee Hockey 1983 anymore. It’s Speed and skill!!
155 is too light. He needs to at least hit 180
Most sites say 150. He's 20. That.s a prospect-lite.
Mickey, he’s fast, skilled, slippery, great with a puck, head on a swivel, competitive, high IQ, not afraid of the tough areas. He’s no different than any of the other skilled slight players in the NHL who are enjoying great success at will. This isn’t Blobbee Sockem Hockey no anymore!!
Mick this kid is the real deal. He will get stronger and should be playing 2nd line wing by 2022.

Take it to the bank
For what it's worth you would never guess he's that light watching him on recent highlights.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I watched maybe two periods of the Russian CHL tour.

6 GP and Podkolzin manages 1 meagre assist. He looked ok in my limited viewings but he doesn’t seem to have very good hands. He’s a good strong skater and is relentless on the forecheck. Seems like a Jannik Hansen type. Would have hoped to see some more skill out of the kid. He is playing in three different leagues in Russia with shitty numbers in each league. Hopefully he looks better at the WJC. He certainly doesn’t have the skills of a Kakko or Svechnikov. This was a top 10 pick.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Podkozlin write up

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... in-the-khl

Russian scout - “Podkozlin oozes skill, power, speed”

“Ability to throw a hit to knock a player off the puck”

“Has an accurate shot”

“He was the best player by a long shot at last December’s junior A championship”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:28 pm Podkozlin write up

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... in-the-khl

Russian scout - “Podkozlin oozes skill, power, speed”

“Ability to throw a hit to knock a player off the puck”

“Has an accurate shot”

“He was the best player by a long shot at last December’s junior A championship”
Have you seen him play? Do you have an opinion of your own?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 pm Have you seen him play? Do you have an opinion of your own?
Ray Ferraro's opinion is the only one that really matters. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:40 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 pm Have you seen him play? Do you have an opinion of your own?
Ray Ferraro's opinion is the only one that really matters. :)
What does Ray think of him? Ray is one of the best analysts in the game.

I just figured he’d put up more than one assist in six games against his peers.

As I said he’s a great skater and a relentless puck hound. There’s things to like about his game. I was curious if the Chef had actually seen him play.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm just rustling your jimmies Blobcat.

I heard it was fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:52 pm .

It’s all good Boss. I like the kid myself. He works his ass off every shift. I’m just a bit concerned about he lack of production. I am curious if anyone saw much more than the 15 or 20 shifts I saw of him. All those games were televised. Hopefully he lights up the WJC.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:52 pm .

:lol: reminds me of beavis and butthead where their gym coach asks them to kick him in the jimmies. Mickey can you link it? It’s gold!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Canucks Prospects Update

Russia

Vasili Podkolzin's has been making his way across Canada representing Russia in the Canada/Russia Series. For those who are unaware, it's an event that sees the U20 Russia team play two games against each of the WHL, QMJHL, and OHL's best Canadian players. Podkolzin was limited to one assist in the six games but was a play-driver every time he hopped over the boards. A little luck here and there and the Canucks top pick from 2019 would've had a few more points.

He will head back to Russia for a couple of weeks before attending the Team Russia World Juniors camp and then the main event in late December.
Artyom Manukyan has not suited up for a regular game this season after sustaining an injury in the pre-season.

Sweden

Nils Hoglander represented Sweden at the U20 Four Nations tournament in Helsinki, Finland. He finished the event with two goals and one assist and was named the player of the game in their 6-1 win over Russia. Like Podkolzin, he will head back to Europe for a couple of weeks before getting ready for the World Juniors.
Linus Karlsson is to five goals and five assists in 19 games with Karlskrona HK in the Allsvenskan (second division in Sweden). He has already matched his goal total from last season and that is in large part because he has been playing wing this season.
Arvid Costmar has not played since our last update due to an upper body injury. He will hopefully return soon.

Finland

Toni Utunen was not originally expected to play for Finland at the aforementioned Four Nations event, in large part because he had recently returned from injury and is a fairly certain to make the World Juniors roster but was added after Lassi Thomson got injured. He played a depth role for them but saw regular time on the PK.
Due to a break in competition in Europe, Petrus Palmu was limited to one game, but he picked up one goal and one assist in that contest. With 17 points (7-10-17) on the year, he is hovering just outside the top 10 scorers in Liiga this season despite playing only 11 games.

Czech Republic

2019 6th round pick Karel Plasek scored against Sweden in their contest at the U20 Four Nations event and picked up an assist in another game. Overall, he had a strong tournament that probably ensured his invite to the Czech Republic World Juniors camp. He continues to see regular time in the Extraliga as a top-six forward with former NHL'r Tomas Plekanec as his centre.

NCAA

After a slow start to the season, Tyler Madden has found his scoring touch and doesn't appear to be slowing down. In 10 games this season, Madden has six goals and four assists and leads Northeastern University in goals and assists.

Like Madden, Aidan McDonough started the season a bit slow but has come on as the season has got going. In seven games this year, McDonough has found the back of the net three times. He remains in their top-six and doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.
William Lockwood still sits at three goals on the season - he did not suit up for Michigan in their most recent game but isn't expected to be out of the lineup for very long.
Despite primarily playing on the fourth line, Jack Malone has been able to score one goal and one assist in four NCAA games with Cornell. He has seen some second powerplay time.
Jack Rathbone has seized the opportunity at Harvard this season and run with it. In three games this year, the 2017 4th round pick has scored three goals and assisted on three more. He is making his mark in all three zones and making fantastic passes for those assists.

CHL

Carson Focht is up to eleven goals and seven assists in sixteen WHL games this season. He also represented the WHL in the Canada/Russia Series but was unable to find the scoresheet in two games.
Jett Woo was also held off the scoresheet in those two games for the WHL and sits at one goal and seven assists in 17 games for the Calgary Hitmen.

Goaltender Arturs Silovs has a sparkling 8-3-1 record with the Barrie Colts and appears to be their main man in between the pipes on a nightly basis. He has a 3.23 and 0.902 SV% in twelve games this season.
Ethan Keppen is up to seven goals and five assists in 18 games with the Flint Firebirds.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

/Cam Robinson/
@Hockey_Robinson
Nils Hoglander with the great anticipation, steal, drive and finish. His 4th of the SHL season
https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/sta ... de%3Dfalse

His numbers aren't that big but it's a top league! Kids got some finesse.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:25 pm
/Cam Robinson/
@Hockey_Robinson
Nils Hoglander with the great anticipation, steal, drive and finish. His 4th of the SHL season
https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/sta ... de%3Dfalse

His numbers aren't that big but it's a top league! Kids got some finesse.
I see a lot of Brenden Gallagher in Hoglanders game but Hawg has more speed and skill
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Show your homework
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 pm Show your homework
He’s like dynamite, McClackles. Explosive.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 pm Show your homework
He’s like dynamite, McClackles. Explosive.
____
Try to focus on someday.