The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 pm Shit, $10.2 MILLION scored his 6th goal in his 49th game

Why is Auston 54th on the scoring leader board, hovering just over a point a game? I thought him and McDavid together were the future of hockey? McDavid - 112 points in 72 games. Matthews - 69 points in 62 games???
Mcdavid TOI-2018-19=23:01 avg per game.

Matthews TOI-2018-19=18:26 avg per game

Babcock is an idiot. Matthews doesn't crack the top 80 in TOI in the NHL.
Hitchcock has 1 horse (McD) and 1 pony (Draisaitl) to ride.

Babcock has 3 horses (JT, Matthews, and Mariner) and several ponies (Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, and Kapanen).

Babcock will look like a genius if both Matthews and Tavares have gas in the tank for the first round.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:04 pmI can't believe you posted the MASSIVE difference in career stats then said "Not so Easy". LOL. Nylander makes much ore because of the world of difference in stats.
Or put another way....

Would you pay someone $5,700.00 per year for the next 5 years and $9,000,000 this year who has scored 21 goals and 101 points in 233 games?

That's the difference in their production ...

And in Vancouver we've seen what was called the Sedin effect which is where average players put up offensive numbers playing on their line ...

Nylander is pretty to watch, so you might answer the question with a yes...

I wouldn't, but like I've said he can shut me up pretty quickly if he mans up come the playoffs, so time will tell...

Take care...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:59 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 pm Dreger talking about Tavares - dropping some info saying it wasn't easy breezy.
It wasn’t a slam dunk for Tavares and the Maple Leaves

TSN: Darren Dreger was on TSN 1050 and said that John Tavares signing with the Toronto Maple Leaves last offseason wasn’t a slam dunk like many had thought.

“There was an interesting back and forth between John Tavares, Pat Brisson and, obviously, the Toronto Maple Leaves,” Dreger told First Up on TSN Radio 1050 Toronto.

“I think Tavares initially wanted one year at $15 million. Just a one-year deal from Toronto, ‘Let’s see if it works or not,’ – that didn’t happen. Then they went back and I feel like Toronto offered something around $9.5 or $10 million. Well, that wasn’t going to happen.

And then, finally, Tavares stepped in to the negotiation and basically told Kyle Dubas, ‘Look, I’ll come play for $11 million but I’m not taking less than that. So if there’s a deal to be made, then let’s get it done. Otherwise, I’m going back to the Islanders.’

“So it wasn’t as slam dunk as many of us thought it was on July 1 when it was signed.”
So Tavares did not lie to the Islanders then about wanting to return and Kyle Dubas deserves a ton of credit for signing him.
He said he wanted to be an Islander for life.

He lied.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:59 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 pm Dreger talking about Tavares - dropping some info saying it wasn't easy breezy.
It wasn’t a slam dunk for Tavares and the Maple Leaves

TSN: Darren Dreger was on TSN 1050 and said that John Tavares signing with the Toronto Maple Leaves last offseason wasn’t a slam dunk like many had thought.

“There was an interesting back and forth between John Tavares, Pat Brisson and, obviously, the Toronto Maple Leaves,” Dreger told First Up on TSN Radio 1050 Toronto.

“I think Tavares initially wanted one year at $15 million. Just a one-year deal from Toronto, ‘Let’s see if it works or not,’ – that didn’t happen. Then they went back and I feel like Toronto offered something around $9.5 or $10 million. Well, that wasn’t going to happen.

And then, finally, Tavares stepped in to the negotiation and basically told Kyle Dubas, ‘Look, I’ll come play for $11 million but I’m not taking less than that. So if there’s a deal to be made, then let’s get it done. Otherwise, I’m going back to the Islanders.’

“So it wasn’t as slam dunk as many of us thought it was on July 1 when it was signed.”
So Tavares did not lie to the Islanders then about wanting to return and Kyle Dubas deserves a ton of credit for signing him.
He said he wanted to be an Islander for life.

He lied.
"Wanted" that doesn't mean he'll stay forever. He saw Dubas' incredible presentation and it changed his mind. So much so he turned down 1 year and over 10 million less.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rikster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:12 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:04 pmI can't believe you posted the MASSIVE difference in career stats then said "Not so Easy". LOL. Nylander makes much ore because of the world of difference in stats.
Or put another way....

Would you pay someone $5,700.00 per year for the next 5 years and $9,000,000 this year who has scored 21 goals and 101 points in 233 games?

That's the difference in their production ...

And in Vancouver we've seen what was called the Sedin effect which is where average players put up offensive numbers playing on their line ...

Nylander is pretty to watch, so you might answer the question with a yes...

I wouldn't, but like I've said he can shut me up pretty quickly if he mans up come the playoffs, so time will tell...

Take care...
You are assuming Nylander will score about 10 goals all of next season. It's just so foolish. His shooting % is under 5%. That's less than 50% his career average.
He's so much better than Virtanen. It's simply not close.

Even you know this argument will never work long-term. Why bother?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 pm Shit, $10.2 MILLION scored his 6th goal in his 49th game

Why is Auston 54th on the scoring leader board, hovering just over a point a game? I thought him and McDavid together were the future of hockey? McDavid - 112 points in 72 games. Matthews - 69 points in 62 games???

Babcock has 3 horses (JT, Matthews, and Mariner) and several ponies (Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, and Kapanen).

Babcock will look like a genius if both Matthews and Tavares have gas in the tank for the first round.
Babcock played Matthews even less when Tavares wasn't around. That's his thing and it's stupid. He needs to play his stars more. And get useless shit like Hainsey off the ice.

Babcock is a very stupid man.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm He said he wanted to be an Islander for life.

He lied.
"Wanted" that doesn't mean he'll stay forever. He saw Dubas' incredible presentation and it changed his mind. So much so he turned down 1 year and over 10 million less.
Worst spin job I've ever seen Tuna! :lol:

(and I've seen Reefer)

They will hate him in New York forevermore, as they should.

John 'Pants on Fire' Tavares lacks character, so yes he belongs on the Leaves.

What did you think about his shootout attempt tonight?

Worst shootout attempt in NHL history, contributing to yet another Leaves loss down the stretch!

Are you and yours planning another ceremony for Pajama Boy to make him feel better when the Leaves return home. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:02 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 pm He said he wanted to be an Islander for life.

He lied.
Worst spin job I've ever seen Tuna! :lol:

(and I've seen Reefer)

They will hate him in New York forevermore, as they should.

John 'Pants on Fire' Tavares lacks character, so yes he belongs on the Leaves.

What did you think about his shootout attempt tonight?

Worst shootout attempt in NHL history, contributing to yet another Leaves loss down the stretch!

Are you and yours planning another ceremony for Pajama Boy to make him feel better when the Leaves return home. :mex:
Terrible shootout attempt. What did you think of his 4 goals on Monday night?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 pm Terrible shootout attempt. What did you think of his 4 goals on Monday night?
Those goals were scored against a 22-yr-old emergency callup

... and a guy who will be 40 in a week and who may well be 3 games away from hanging em up.

BTW how does a guy score 4 goals in a game and still end up just +1 ?

Could it have anything to do with him being a dirty non-200-ft-game backstabbing liar? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 pm Terrible shootout attempt. What did you think of his 4 goals on Monday night?

... and a guy who will be 40 in a week and who may well be 3 games away from hanging em up.

Could it have anything to do with him being a dirty non-200-ft-game backstabbing liar? :D
:lol:

Give it up tuna. Come back in the fall for your annual cock of the walk laffs are awesome garbage...this years over for ya
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 pm

Babcock played Matthews even less when Tavares wasn't around. That's his thing and it's stupid. He needs to play his stars more. And get useless shit like Hainsey off the ice.

Babcock is a very stupid man.
So you want him to put Matthews in the blueline and sit Hainsey down?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm

45 goals. 3rd highest in the entire NHL. Most 5 on 5 goals in the entire NHL.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Its really too bad for the Leaves that Tavares didn't show the character and commitment that Stamkos did when he re-signed with the Lightning, leaving millions of dollars on the table.

Stamkos could see what it takes to build a perennial contender, and sacrificed his own bottom line to get there for the sake of his team.

Tavares took as much as he could get from Toronto, and cost them their window, plus Kapanen, Jonsson, and/or Nylander eventually.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:11 pm Its really too bad for the Leaves that Tavares didn't show the character and commitment that Stamkos did when he re-signed with the Lightning, leaving millions of dollars on the table.

Stamkos could see what it takes to build a perennial contender, and sacrificed his own bottom line to get there for the sake of his team.

Tavares took as much as he could get from Toronto, and cost them their window, plus Kapanen, Jonsson, and/or Nylander eventually.
Tavares walked away from 11 million and 1 year more in term than Toronto offered. Stamkos also had a stacked team that could win.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The beatdown Tavares received from the Islanders fans is very telling of the character of John Tavares. No player who has ever jumped ship once they’ve become a UFA (and we see many every year) has ever received such vitriol from their old fans as he did. He lied, pure and simple, nothing else could explain the Islanders fans reaction. So telling, so real. He’s scum and deserved it. Toronto suits him

$10.2 MILLUON william - 6 goals 49 games.

Matthews a point a game player, 54th in scoring. Is that Generational?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau