US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antisemitism

anti-Semitism noun
an·​ti-Sem·​i·​tism | \ ˌan-tē-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm , ˌan-ˌtī-\
variants: or less commonly antisemitism
Definition of anti-Semitism
: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:16 pm https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antisemitism

anti-Semitism noun
an·​ti-Sem·​i·​tism | \ ˌan-tē-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm , ˌan-ˌtī-\
variants: or less commonly antisemitism
Definition of anti-Semitism
: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group
Yes I know you are using the term in the politically loaded definition but I harbor no ill will to Jews as an ethnicity, race or religion.

I simply object to Right wing Israeli policies. But you already know this. Calling me an anti Semite is a strategy not an argument. Assigning that term to me associates my argument with intolerance which has two advantages for you. First, it hides your own greed, fears and hatreds and then it moves the discussion away from the facts.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm more of a leisure suit fabric fan UK...not as itchy
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Come on UK, no one will forget you doubling down, nay tripling down on your:

"evil Jews control ALL the media" bullshit a few years ago.

Combine that with your extreme fake-news criticism of Israel, which puts you way over the line:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... government

"ongoing debate regarding at what point criticism of Israel crosses the line to antisemitism"

... and yeah we know what makes you tick tick tick.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:04 pm Come on UK, no one will forget you doubling down, nay tripling down on your:

"evil Jews control ALL the media" bullshit a few years ago.

Combine that with your extreme fake-news criticism of Israel, which puts you way over the line:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... government

"ongoing debate regarding at what point criticism of Israel crosses the line to antisemitism"

... and yeah we know what makes you tick tick tick.
Apparently YOU don’t want anyone to forget YOUR accusations and the words you continually try to put in my mouth.

I didn’t say All Jews control All the media, you said I did. You did then what you always do. You twist what is said to suit your own ends. And hey hats off to you it is effective and I have employed the same strategy that I learned from you. So thanks for that 😎

But it’s not accurate to say that I think all American media is controlled by the Jews.

I’m saying that Americans blindly support Israel because America is a Christian Zionist nation and it suits America’s world views so it’s only natural that American media which is more or less owned by Jewish Americans, would perpetuate that narrative.

It’s no less discriminatory than the label you and trump put on the media these days (other than Fox News when it suits)

As for fake news, yeah no it’s a matter of fact. All one has to do is look at a present day map of Israel and a map of Palestine circa 1949. There is and has been a systemic expansion of Israel territory at the expense of Palestinians.

Like I said, name calling, whataboutery and fake news
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

EXHIBIT A:
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 pm I’m saying that Americans blindly support Israel because America is a Christian Zionist nation and it suits America’s world views so it’s only natural that American media which is more or less owned by Jewish Americans, would perpetuate that narrative.

EXHIBIT B:
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 pm All one has to do is look at a present day map of Israel and a map of Palestine circa 1949. There is and has been a systemic expansion of Israel territory at the expense of Palestinians.

The Prosecution rests.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

EXHIBIT A
Criticisms of Israeli policies come from several groups: primarily from activists, within Israel and worldwide, the United Nations and other non-governmental organizations including European Churches, and mass media. Media bias is often claimed by both sides of the debate. Since 2003, the UN has issued 232 resolutions with respect to Israel, 40% of all resolutions issued by the UN over the period and more than six times that of the second placed country, Sudan.[16]

EXHIBIT B:
The government of Israel has been criticized for issues regarding Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories, its treatment of Palestinian Arabs, the conduct of Israeli Defense Forces during conflicts and the blockade of the Gaza Strip,[8] of Palestinian territories. Other historic issues with ongoing consequences have also been criticized including: the refusal to allow post-war Palestinian refugees to return to their homes, and the prolonged occupation of territories gained in war and the construction of settlements therein.

The Prosecution is a supporter of Israel and equates criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism in a deliberate attempt to prevent legitimate criticism of Israel and discredit critics.

The prosecution has never answered the following charges:

Alleged lack of democracy,

Israelis live under Israeli laws, Palestinians live under military law.

Israeli settlements,

establishing civilian settlements in territories considered occupied, including in East Jerusalem, is illegal. Israel disputes the notion that the West Bank and in particular East Jerusalem are occupied under international law, though this view is dismissed internationally.

Human rights

Human Rights Watch (HRW) has said Israel operates a "two-tier" judicial system in areas of the occupied Palestinian territories

Imprisonments

Amnesty International reported that in 2009 hundreds of Palestinians were detained and held incommunicado for extended periods of time by Israel.

Treatment of ethnic and religious minorities

Stagnating peace process

Military practices
Human shield allegations

Possession of weapons of mass destruction

Targeted killings of terrorists

Judaization of Jerusalem

The Law of Return
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm Okay doc ( pats on head) UK too deep for you, but yes, orange man bad, conservative bad too.
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

This is what I’m talking about. Too bad the democrats are only slightly less greedy, fearful and hateful as the republicans.

This is a great American.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm tick tick tick tick...
:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

UK all triggered and shit. :lol:

UK do you honestly believe that shrillary and the latest contending dems are any more honourable that trump or conservatives?

Theyre all con artists bud. Theyre all assholes
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:22 pm UK all triggered and shit. :lol:

UK do you honestly believe that shrillary and the latest contending dems are any more honourable that trump or conservatives?

Maybe Shrilly and Co are against the... gasp... "Targeted killings of terrorists".

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/11/ ... affes.html

6 of CNN's Don Lemon’s Worst TV Gaffes

1. That time he genuinely wondered if Flight 370 could’ve been swallowed by a black hole.

2. That time he compared a real prisoner of war to a fictional character from the Showtime series Homeland.

3. That time he got into a really tense shouting match with Talib Kweli about CNN’s Ferguson coverage.

4. That time he couldn’t tell the difference between automatic weapons and semiautomatic weapons.

5. That time he told black people they shouldn’t wear baggy pants, use the N-word, litter, drop out of school, or have kids out of wedlock.

6. And of course, that time he told a rape victim she could’ve easily shut down the alleged rape by if she bit Bill Cosby’s penis.

YESTERDAY:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 877653001/

Trump slams Don Lemon as 'dumbest man on television'

LEMON RESPONDS:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tru ... 21805.html

"The president has called a lot of people stupid," Lemon said. "Some of those people are white. But I would just like to note that referring to an African American as dumb — remember this is America — is one of the oldest canards of America’s racist past and present: that black people are of inferior intelligence."

TRANSLATION:

"IT IS RACIST TO CALL A BLACK MAN STUPID"

Thanks Don, looks like we've got a new one to add to the list...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:22 pm UK all triggered and shit. :lol:

Maybe Shrilly and Co are against the... gasp... "Targeted killings of terrorists".

:lol:

Yup. Future democratic voters
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Lol I am only partially triggered, it’s just that it’s august and I actually have the time and am bored enough to willingly risk the verbal can of wuppass Doc likes to hand out and Blob seems to enjoy dining on.

But yeah
They are all assholes
I agree wholeheartedly with that axiom, but the thing I hope the Americans do is swing a little to the left so they don’t have a Donald trump running amok on the world stage accidentally starting world war three or ripping up trade alliances.

I notice that the Donald wants to put the UKs NHS on the table in any trade talks with the brits
What’s next for Canada when he’s no longer satisfied with deregulating Canadian dairy?

And besides, the more lefty policies for the little guy the less likely he signs up for a tick tick tick vest...