Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22168
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:25 am

Yeahno, Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by dangler » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:42 am

I'd like to see him sent to the minors :devil:
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9749
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by micky107 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 pm

.
Well, one thing for sure, doubt we see much of a change if he stays;

Image>>>Image
.
...................................................... Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6760
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Meds » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Maybe one of the mods could edit the title of this thread......

Just with Eriksson.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9749
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by micky107 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Hey! If he stays; not only will the output not improve much, at least not consistently, but too much garbage has gone on to be
just swept under the carpet. It's better for him and the team to make a change.
J.P Barry is one of the most honest player agents out there and Eriksson will act on what he suggests. At least one would think.
If there is any way we retain 2 million on the cap and save the 4, it's advisable.
Who cares what the actual money is. Only the cap matters.
Nothing involved is acceptable if it requires anything higher than 4+rnd. picks. Well maybe a 3rd, I suppose.
"evolution"

Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Nuckertuzzi » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 pm

3 pages, 1 creative solution, rest body hair....yup, folks we're stuck with him. (exactly how I picture management's meetings on him)

Now can we start a let's get creative with Sutter thread?

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2575
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by ESQ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:39 pm

micky107 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 pm
Hey! If he stays; not only will the output not improve much, at least not consistently, but too much garbage has gone on to be
just swept under the carpet. It's better for him and the team to make a change.
J.P Barry is one of the most honest player agents out there and Eriksson will act on what he suggests. At least one would think.
If there is any way we retain 2 million on the cap and save the 4, it's advisable.
Who cares what the actual money is. Only the cap matters.
Nothing involved is acceptable if it requires anything higher than 4+rnd. picks. Well maybe a 3rd, I suppose.
Thinking back on Barry's interview, he only does interviews when he's posturing. Otherwise, you never hear a peep out of him.

Right now, Benning may be trying to get a waiver of the NTC. Barry doesn't want to do that, wants to keep control of the destination.

My theory is Benning may be saying, waive it or he's demoted, and Barry is posturing in the media to try to pump up a market for his client, and/or put pressure on Benning to accept a (bad) deal that's already on the table.

Barry doesn't agree to interviews just to flap his gums, he always has a purpose. Right now he's probably trying to prevent a demotion that will effectively end Loui's career.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15181
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Benning has all the leverage and I hope he knows it.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Hank wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Wow...

Dude just opened up and shared his feelings with his Canucks fellowship in a random Loui Eriksson thread.

I felt bad because my first instinct was to laugh. But then I thought, Dude is crying for help, we can't make fun of him.

But up steps Blob to put my mind at ease :lol:

PS. Cheer up Dude. Go get your ear follicles trimmed and your wife will be looking at you like that again :look:
I’m sitting in a coffee shop and I laughed, that was epic.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22168
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:30 pm

micky107 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 pm
Who cares what the actual money is. Only the cap matters.
For teams like Ottawa it's the other way around...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16198
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Benning has all the leverage and I hope he knows it.
Which leverage is this ?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22168
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Benning has all the leverage and I hope he knows it.
Which leverage is this ?
She means the leverage to force Loui to waive wherever Jimmy says.

Or it's off to the gulag AKA Utica.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10995
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by SKYO » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:58 pm

4th period, Sept 25, 2018:

Ottawa tried to trade Zack Smith last season and this summer. He’s now on waivers with 3-years left on his deal. Bit of a surprise, frankly.
$3.25M x 2 left on deal, no bonuses, 10 team no trade to clause.

Eriksson for Smith straight up.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9749
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by micky107 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:30 pm
micky107 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 pm
Who cares what the actual money is. Only the cap matters.
For teams like Ottawa it's the other way around...
Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15181
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Benning has all the leverage and I hope he knows it.
Which leverage is this ?
She means the leverage to force Loui to waive wherever Jimmy says.

Or it's off to the gulag AKA Utica.
It’s nice to be understood :lol:
The only HW the Canucks need

Post Reply