2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 am Rangers are in a rebuild - no

Flames, not sure but it’s 26th not worth it

Pens have decimated their prospect pool they are heading into ‘the party is over’ territory
New York can only handle a rebuild for a few years & that's it, this is the CITY OF DREAMS, billions roll thru there, hence why NY is not a good bet for a 7 yr rebuild.

Calgary has so many vets they need to contend.............same with the Pens, Crosby/Malkin oddly are aging in the tooth.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:43 pm Good article by Kuzma - I like Soderstrom, Boldy and Zegras as well, and I like the philosophy of building through C and D. I'd probably prefer Krebs over Zegras but I'm not that fussed either way.

Jimbo is usually honest to a fault, so with some GMs I'd think they are laying a smokescreen, but not with him.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/b ... 1558048132
Every list I’ve seen has one D man rated in the top ten. There’s a lot of kids up front that project as top six forwards. I hate the fact that Benning seems to almost tip his hand a lot of time. I’d be a little miffed if Newhook, Boldy, Krebs or even Cozens was still there and he picked Soderstrom. Sure they need D but they also need skill up front. This kind of thinking bit him in the dink in 2016. Soderstrom is also another tiny D man. How many little wee guys can you play on the same defence?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

From around the 10th pick on it will be nothing but defencemen getting drafted - Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, York, Harley. You can see why a GM picking 10th is kicking those tires with how important defence is in today’s game and how difficult they are to obtain. Wingers? Meh? A dime a dozen. Goalies, Defence and Centres! We are good in two of those areas. Im ok with picking the RHD Soderstrom
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am From around the 10th pick on it will be nothing but defencemen getting drafted - Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, York, Harley. You can see why a GM picking 10th is kicking those tires with how important defence is in today’s game and how difficult they are to obtain. Wingers? Meh? A dime a dozen. Goalies, Defence and Centres! We are good in two of those areas. Im ok with picking the RHD Soderstrom
Wingers are a dime a dozen. For sure they are. This team has one top six winger, but they are a dime a dozen. Only D man consistently rated top 10 is Byram. The others are rated from 12 onward. Pick BPA.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens will for sure be gone by 10

Most likely gone by 10 - Dach, Boldy, Podkozlin

We will be drafting from a pile of

Zegras
Caulfield
Krebs
Newhook
Soderstrom
Broberg
Seider
York
Harley

My order of preference with the leftover pile

1. Zegras
2. Krebs
3. Soderstrom
4. Broberg
5. Seider
6. Newhook
7. Harley
8. York
9. Caufield

I’d be happy with either or of Zegras, Krebs or Soderstrom. Two centres who can play wing of a D-man. If Boldy or Podkozlin are there, Draft this instead.

I think Zegras will be gone by 10 and it will be between Krebs, Soderstrom or Broberg for the Canucks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It is always coming down to the same thing. It may take great discussion, arguing, historical data and just plain spit balling.

We must have a young talented, for sure, top four defense man and an excellent young, tough, scoring winger,

But just like Blob says, no Wee Dees, we have enough.

And up front, no blah blah, dependable journey man with "experience", ho hum.

There will never be any accord in how to go about that. Assets we agree can be parted with are not enough to get
that much done.
And there is a cap to think about so you can't just buy both.
Most feel there are four untouchable players and maybe Markstrom but I think you trade Marky if it's real good.
Then there's the dreaded evil of using this year's first round pick, in a deal.
I am one that would do that, if it was real good.
Aint no easy way, never has been. Except we coulda had better scratch cards.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am
There will never be any accord in how to go about that. Assets we agree can be parted with are not enough to get
that much done.
Well you never know Mick, there's weird deals like Ehrhoff for White that can be made. A trade like that today would be a TSN turning point for this team. Leivo for Carcone was a swing like that, but Leivo hasn't turned out as good as Ehrhoff. If he gets 25 goals next year, then its comparable.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am
that much done.
Well you never know Mick, there's weird deals like Ehrhoff for White that can be made. A trade like that today would be a TSN turning point for this team. Leivo for Carcone was a swing like that, but Leivo hasn't turned out as good as Ehrhoff. If he gets 25 goals next year, then its comparable.
Actually, I remember being shocked when we were able to get Ehrhoff. That was good.
We need to do anything and everything possible to make this town a desirable destination.
For what it's worth, I think that part of it is on the upswing, slowly but surely.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ESQ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am
that much done.
eating Lukowich was the price of Errorhoff
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The more I read about Soderstrom the more he’s our guy

Future top 4

Hughes (LHD) Woo (RHD)
Juolevi (LHD) Soderstrom (RHD)

Tryamkin Stecher
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Four tiny razor thin guys, a Russian who hated it here and Woo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:57 am Four tiny razor thin guys, a Russian who hated it here and Woo.
How did the tiny Makar (5’-11” 185 lbs Soderstrom size) Girard (5’-10” 160 lbs) , Barrie (5’-10” 190 lbs) look for Colorado?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Klinberg 6’-1” 180 lbs Dallas
Heiskanen - 6’-0 180 lbs Dallas
Diehard1
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Diehard1 »

Don’t care about size, give me talent that can play. 6’4”, 5’11”, 5’7”, all the same to me if the kid is good.

I’d lean D or C but if the W is a better talent that’s fine with me.

Unless Jimbo goes way off the board there will be a few good players there at 10. Hard to go wrong this year.