2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:41 pm It's summer, what else we gonna do?

;) :lol:
Oh I approve...totally. Its one of my favorite hobbies as well...

:cheers:
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:31 pm 6 mill is where the bidding will begin for all these ufas that can play top line minutes. Much like Eriksson.

Unlike Eriksson these other players hopefully stay at a 50+ pt pace
I would easily do a $6M+/per deal for Lee. I think 2016 has scared a few teams (we should be one of them). It was basically Okposo/Lucic/Eriksson at the upper end, not a great UFA class.

This year you have Panarin, Duchene and Skinner that are in that age/skill sweet spot, and you've got some vets like Pavelski and Zucarello mixed in. I feel it's a deeper year for UFA, with some younger guys like Hayes, Nelson, Lee, Ferland, Dzingel etc. that may lead to more of a buyers market. People always go nuts on UFA day... but I think if we can avoid going crazy for the high-end guys, there could be some value in the secondary market. The big worry in my mind is that Benning gives a secondary guy top-tier money.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That is definitely a better group of ufa fwds. I fully expect Benning will be adding a big ticket as he has oodles of short term space and will make a push to offload eriksson. Unfortunately for us the greatest need is on defense, particularly a righty...of which its slim pickins.

Thats the worry right there. Meyers likely gets offered large by Benning and i dont really know how i feel about that. Warning lights are everywhere on the big boy
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I forgot about Hayes, he’d be another nice big bodied dude.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:28 pm Boothy! Forgot that guy lol

Hes the only other guy to drive the dude as nuts as gillis
A big ole Bear baited him with one of those chocolate Easter bunnies.>>>>ate him whole. Land sakes alive!
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm People always go nuts on UFA day... but I think if we can avoid going crazy for the high-end guys, there could be some value in the secondary market. The big worry in my mind is that Benning gives a secondary guy top-tier money.
The secondary market is just as bad as the high end market when it comes to UFA season. It’s bad across the board. Why are we talking about this like it’s some kind of recent revelation. It’s been called crazy money season for years for a reason. If you want your GM to play and pay in July stop fucking moaning about it after the fact. You want players to sign with your team it will take generosity to get them to sign. Is this news or something?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 am

The secondary market is just as bad as the high end market when it comes to UFA season.
No it isn’t.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 am

The secondary market is just as bad as the high end market when it comes to UFA season.
No it isn’t.
Yes it is

Russell, Brouwers, Clarkson, Sekeres etc

There’s been quite a few on every team, yearly
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 am

No it isn’t.
Yes it is

There’s lots of value after the big fish get signed. Every year. Problem is the Canucks GM is like a kid in a candy store and needs to piss his money away immediately after getting it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 am

No it isn’t.
Yes it is

There’s lots of value after the big fish get signed. Every year. Problem is the Canucks GM is like a kid in a candy store and needs to piss his money away immediately after getting it.
In an open market for available veteran employees with just 31 teams Bidding? What is it that confuses you about overpayment in July for UFAs?

If you don’t want to play in crazy money season, then stop dreaming about Ferland at an imsgjnary low number that will satisfy you, not gonna happen
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If you can’t see that there are bargains to be had after the initial big signings then I can’t help you. You make it sound as though each and every player signed as a UFA on July 1st and afterwards is a terrible deal. Go get some help.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:09 am If you can’t see that there are bargains to be had after the initial big signings
So who are these potential table scraps you seem to be under the impression can be had for a song and are plenty of and will be of great benefit to us moving forward?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:09 am If you can’t see that there are bargains to be had after the initial big signings
So who are these potential table scraps you seem to be under the impression can be had for a song and are plenty of and will be of great benefit to us moving forward?
Who knows until the big fish are signed. I’m sure you’re licking your lips to give huge money and maximum term to Wayne Simmonds and Tyler Myers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:12 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 am
Who knows until the big fish are signed. I’m sure you’re licking your lips to give huge money and maximum term to Wayne Simmonds and Tyler Myers
You don’t know who these table scraps are in crazy money season that can be had for a song and will be of great benefit to us but they are there somewhere in the wood pile?

OK so if we overpay for one of the big fish you now have gone on record stating that you will not pee your panties if the big fish sinks to the bottom of the crazy money season ocean
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Another beauty of a post by a puff of smoke in a posters uniform