2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:26 am
Unless we re-up Edler and add another player in free agency, you’d have to think next year is his last shot. The Canucks D is fairly poor depth-wise. If he’s not on the team come October, I see Benning trying to move him for another prospect that’s failed to launch.
When you are drafted at the spot OJ was drafted you would expect by now he would be in the NHL. If he does not show significant improvement in the next season then one would have to assume he is a bust.

As I previously stated, unless he surprises everyone in camp he will start in Utica, get his feet under him and when Tanev goes down at the 20 game mark he can be the first call up. Then it is up to Green to properly work him into the lineup.
He would be in the nhl if he didn’t suffer some shitty injuries.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am
Unless we re-up Edler and add another player in free agency, you’d have to think next year is his last shot. The Canucks D is fairly poor depth-wise. If he’s not on the team come October, I see Benning trying to move him for another prospect that’s failed to launch.
When you are drafted at the spot OJ was drafted you would expect by now he would be in the NHL. If he does not show significant improvement in the next season then one would have to assume he is a bust.

As I previously stated, unless he surprises everyone in camp he will start in Utica, get his feet under him and when Tanev goes down at the 20 game mark he can be the first call up. Then it is up to Green to properly work him into the lineup.
This is my view also dick.... I can’t see why people don’t see it
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

We don’t actually know this but you could be correct.

I think the alarm bells go off when people remember him flaming out big time three camps in a row. He was healthy and cleared to play at all three yet was never close to cracking an abysmal blue line
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I still have hope for Joulevi but like I said in the other thread, I would be willing to package him with other assets in a trade. He is not one of our untouchables.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 am with deals for Petey, Hughes, Brock, coming up
Thank the heavens we drafted Virtanen instead of overpaid lame-ohs like Mason Ehlers and Mason Nylander
lol no doubt. Why go for the better player when you can have the cheaper one? Gotta save those ducats for the overpaid UFAs!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bruh as much as I've talked about signing Karlsson, I feel Myers is the one who will get signed by Vancouver, likely around $7M per, :? Myers could get more elsewhere, but Kelowna is the deciding factor along with the Canucks right side D roster fit, team improving etc.

Myers met his wife there & her family reside in Kelowna plus..
Kelowna has proven to be the perfect setting for the Myers’ to spend the off-season in — aside from his familiarity with the city that came from playing four seasons here during his junior career, Myers’ father-in-law also happens to be the Rockets’ skills coach, Kim Gellert.

“I really love it here,” Myers said. “It was my home for junior, and I had wanted to come back ever since. I’ve been here eight years now. It feels like home. Playing here, I got comfortable with it, and I got to know the city quite well, so it was pretty easy for me to come back.

“I saw what it was like in the summers throughout my junior career, so it was a no-brainer for me.”

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/sport ... b55a5.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I would pass on Myers and go for EK, if we fail to land him I would be okay with Gardiner too.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:36 am

I cannot see why you think that?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:23 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 am with deals for Petey, Hughes, Brock, coming up
Thank the heavens we drafted Virtanen instead of overpaid lame-ohs like Mason Ehlers and Mason Nylander
lol no doubt. Why go for the better player
Better? You still putting a premium on fluffy mean nothing season stats where one Raymond plays with Laine and the other can’t put up a point a game unless he is playing with Matthews
( 7 goals 20 assists 54 games $7 Million cap hit)

Yeah no, I’d rather have big fast Jake over the 5’-11” 170 pounds injury prone Ehlers and his zero goals in 22 playoff games
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The narrative

If no back and knee surgery last season he’s in the nhl but let’s just sweep that under the carpet shall we, sssshhhhh, that and the fact he was young for his draft class (only 6 months older than Petterson. Olli was very immature when we drafted him, hence the Salo fast track mentoring
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 pm Bruh as much as I've talked about signing Karlsson, I feel Myers is the one who will get signed by Vancouver, likely around $7M per, :? Myers could get more elsewhere, but Kelowna is the deciding factor along with the Canucks right side D roster fit, team improving etc.

Myers met his wife there & her family reside in Kelowna plus..
Kelowna has proven to be the perfect setting for the Myers’ to spend the off-season in — aside from his familiarity with the city that came from playing four seasons here during his junior career, Myers’ father-in-law also happens to be the Rockets’ skills coach, Kim Gellert.

“I really love it here,” Myers said. “It was my home for junior, and I had wanted to come back ever since. I’ve been here eight years now. It feels like home. Playing here, I got comfortable with it, and I got to know the city quite well, so it was pretty easy for me to come back.

“I saw what it was like in the summers throughout my junior career, so it was a no-brainer for me.”

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/sport ... b55a5.html
Hmmm

But this is the type of contract Blob and IN would hate. Not sure we can endure the pee party over Myers entire term.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 pm

He was killing it in the ahl, by far the best dman down there, defensively he would have been similar to how brisebois played here at the end of the year, but much better transitioning
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:18 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 pm

He was killing it in the ahl, by far the best dman down there, defensively he would have been similar to how brisebois played here at the end of the year, but much better transitioning
He was -15 in 18 games. By all accounts he was getting killed
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:14 pm
If no back and knee surgery last season he’s in the nhl but let’s just sweep that under the carpet shall we, sssshhhhh, that and the fact he was young for his draft class (only 6 months older than Petterson. Olli was very immature when we drafted him, hence the Salo fast track mentoring
Truer words waz never spoke!.
Still a puppy. A very talented one.
He WILL make it.
My very modest prediction is that Juolevi wii be in our top four within three years.
Not that he wont get some work there before that.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

the resident flamer knows flame outs
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.