Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15111
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 am

Holland is old school washed up. Some of his decisions over the last half decade or so are proof to that. Regardless Holland is moving to Vice President. Why would he leave now, too rooted in that organization

The hotshot is McCrimmon in Vegas. Vegas still being in the playoffs is most likely the reason the Oilers haven’t announced a GM yet
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 am

Holland is washed up at 63, but Mccrimmon is a hotshot at 59. Makes perfect sense
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15111
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 am
Holland is washed up at 63, but Mccrimmon is a hotshot at 59. Makes perfect sense
Holland is washed up. Is what happens when too long on the job.

McCrimmon is a clean slate, fresh. A new pair of eyes
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 pm

He just got into the business I heard
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15111
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9101
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by micky107 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
With what's transpired with the outburst of US college players in the last few years, I wonder if a Boeser would still be there
at 23 now?

Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15111
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 am

micky107 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
With what's transpired with the outburst of US college players in the last few years, I wonder if a Boeser would still be there
at 23 now?

Image
Not sure, but the scouts tend to really zero in on a prospects skating as how they rank and Boesers skating was constantly under the microscope so I doubt he moves up much
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:57 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
Keep the laughs coming
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15111
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:57 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
Keep the laughs coming
Top 10 for sure. A toss up in a group of Aho, Werenski, Chabot, Connor and Boeser. But Blob don’t see it that way cause he hates the Canucks
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 am

Sure
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8090
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am

Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am
Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
Chabot is a future top 10 d man in the league
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8090
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am
Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
Chabot is a future top 10 d man in the league
Maybe. Debatable i suppose.

He piled up 55 points on a high scoring jets squad...played the right way.

I dont really see him being a 10 mill a year 70 point defenseman though.

Its all opinions though...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15488
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 am

It’s his first full year in the league. He played for the Senators and the team was a garbage fire
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply