Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by 5thhorseman »

ESQ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm Fuck Goldy, cut him loose and sign Panarin. :mrgreen:
There's not a lot of winger depth, Goldy would likely sign for dirt cheap and clear waivers if it came to that.
Plus, there's nobody biting at his heels. We got 3 legit top-6. Pearson is a maybe. Virtanen probably. So who else besides Goldy?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:23 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm Let's be honest, your pre-asset management-criticism on a possible Goldie dump was the ole "shoulda pump-n-dumped".
No. It was an, if they are going to lose him for nothing, it would have been better to pump and dump.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm But the pump-n-dump wouldn't have worked on Goldie, he just plain sucks too much...
Suckage (not agreeing that Goldy "plain sucks") does not preclude a pump and dump. See Exhibit A - Cody Hodgson.
Actually suckage does "preclude a pump and dump".

Cody was 10 times the player Goldie is today, younger, a centre, much better pedigree.

Goldy is a complete weenie who can't/won't backcheck and doesn't put up points.

We're talking total suckage here.

"Pump and dump EVERYBODY!" - DonCherry4PM
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm Fuck Goldy, cut him loose and sign Panarin. :mrgreen:
There's not a lot of winger depth, Goldy would likely sign for dirt cheap and clear waivers if it came to that.
Plus, there's nobody biting at his heels. We got 3 legit top-6. Pearson is a maybe. Virtanen probably. So who else besides Goldy?
Pearson is a "maybe"? :crazy:

We've got Pearson, Baer, Leivo, Rousell on the left side.

(Jake, Boeser, Mac, Mott on the right)

FLUSH HIM
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 pm

FLUSH HIM
Leivo is a slug and needs to be replaced by a better player. Rousell is great but belongs in the bottom six. We need to see more games from Pearson but looks good so far. Baer just came back from a lengthy absence due to concussion.

So yeah, plenty of opportunity still for a kid like Goldy.

I don't think he would clear waivers.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 pm Actually suckage does "preclude a pump and dump".

Cody was 10 times the player Goldie is today, younger, a centre, much better pedigree.

Goldy is a complete weenie who can't/won't backcheck and doesn't put up points.

We're talking total suckage here.

"Pump and dump EVERYBODY!" - DonCherry4PM
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

"Cody Hodgson didn't suck" - Strange :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:03 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 pm

FLUSH HIM
Leivo is a slug and needs to be replaced by a better player. Rousell is great but belongs in the bottom six. We need to see more games from Pearson but looks good so far. Baer just came back from a lengthy absence due to concussion.

So yeah, plenty of opportunity still for a kid like Goldy.

I don't think he would clear waivers.
I dont give up on Goldy either. I still think he puts it together one of these day and if he does...look out. He has elite talent buried below the surface.

My thoughts are waiving or moving on from Baertchi and Leivo. SB is waaaay too often injured and the other is too shitty for a tweener.

Roussel isnt top 6...or if he is we have issues
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Through January 1, Goldy was on 45-point pace. Good enough for a second line winger, not good enough for a 1st line winger.

Josh Leivo with the canucks was at a 30 point pace.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am Through January 1, Goldy was on 45-point pace. Good enough for a second line winger, not good enough for a 1st line winger.

Don't worry, Travy is still developing. He'll progress.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am Through January 1, Goldy was on 45-point pace. Good enough for a second line winger, not good enough for a 1st line winger.

Sadly, I don't think Leivo is anything more than a 3rd liner. If we pay him like a 2nd liner, we'll forever hate him, kinda like the "love" Higgins got here, as he was also a 3rd liner who was forced up into the 2nd line, and never quite fit. I'd love for Leivo to be the 2nd line winger we need, but I haven't seen it in him yet.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Sadly, I don't think Leivo is anything more than a 3rd liner. If we pay him like a 2nd liner, we'll forever hate him, kinda like the "love" Higgins got here, as he was also a 3rd liner who was forced up into the 2nd line, and never quite fit. I'd love for Leivo to be the 2nd line winger we need, but I haven't seen it in him yet.
For sure Leivo is a 3rd liner, and no doubt he will be paid as such.

But the kind of 3rd liner who can fill in on the 2nd line in a pinch?
____
Try to focus on someday.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

So much angst over Goldy when you have a similar player with a better shot in Reid Boucher who saw just 1 game last season...

One of the players who has stood out for me this post season is Josh Anderson in Columbus and when you look at his career its very similar to Zach MacKewan's, who is 2 years younger, minus the NHL....

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/josh-anderson

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/zack-macewen

Both are big bodied and play a heavy game, with MacKewan's playoff stats being off the charts at every level of his minor league career....

Enough of the Goldy talk, let's see MacKewan get his shot next year....

Take care....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Anderson would be a best case scenario for MacEwan.

Reid Boucher is a horrible skater. He makes Goldobin and Granlund look engaged. Guy would be in Travis’s doghouse full time here with his defensive play. He’s 26, he is what he is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:01 pm Anderson would be a best case scenario for MacEwan.

Reid Boucher is a horrible skater. He makes Goldobin and Granlund look engaged. Guy would be in Travis’s doghouse full time here with his defensive play. He’s 26, he is what he is.
You missed the point ...

Both players have warts in their games, but what Boucher has that Goldy doesn't is an NHL shot...

Terrible skater?

https://thehockeywriters.com/vancouver- ... potential/

For the record, Boucher ended the season with 31 goals and 62 points in 56 games on an offensively challenged team which was 3 goals behind the league leader....

https://theahl.com/stats/player-stats/a ... 1&league=4

My point is that if the media and those who parrot them are complaining about the wrong guy....they should have been clamouring for Boucher to get a longer look....

Does it matter in the long run....No...

MacKewan is a different story and where the attention should be...

Take care...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I didn’t miss any point. Canucks are among the slowest teams in the league. Boucher is 26 and he can’t skate. I know he has a great shot but he’s pretty much a one trick pony at the NHL level. He’s a great AHL player however.

I generally don’t give too much of a shit what the media in this town say
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 pm I didn’t miss any point. Canucks are among the slowest teams in the league. Boucher is 26 and he can’t skate. I know he has a great shot but he’s pretty much a one trick pony at the NHL level. He’s a great AHL player however.

I generally don’t give too much of a shit what the media in this town say
So you think a guy who scores 31 goals in the AHL is a terrible skater ?

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/11/20/shou ... er-chance/

Take care...