Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am
rats19 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am Kids are coming right along it’s great to see
We need to build an addition to the Benning’s Prospect Stable. The current one doesn’t have enough stalls to house all these amazing prospects.
Madden,Lockwood,Dahlen,Gadjovich,Woo,Utunen,Juolevi,Lind and that guy named Hughes. Let alone the stallions Jimbro will be rounding up at this years rodeo.
Benning might have to take a break from drafting so well. How is he going to make room for all these stud horses in the Canuck Corral?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 am
rats19 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am Kids are coming right along it’s great to see
We need to build an addition to the Benning’s Prospect Stable. The current one doesn’t have enough stalls to house all these amazing prospects.
Madden,Lockwood,Dahlen,Gadjovich,Woo,Utunen,Juolevi,Lind and that guy named Hughes. Let alone the stallions Jimbro will be rounding up at this years rodeo.
Benning might have to take a break from drafting so well. How is he going to make room for all these stud horses in the Canuck Corral?
Buy the neighbors property and expand :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

the rebuild only started with the trades of Hansen and Burrows. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:41 am
I think that’s been pretty clear to most folks.

Good to see you catching up
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Round, round, round we go

A full rebuild was a non-starter when Linden and Benning were hired. Ownership. Market. Circumstances surrounding contracts and the Sedins dictated the mandate at Bennings hiring.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 pm Round, round, round we go

A full rebuild was a non-starter when Linden and Benning were hired. Ownership. Market. Circumstances surrounding contracts and the Sedins dictated the mandate at Bennings hiring.
But Beardo the boozo from Timbuk Too thinks the rebuild startied well before the Burrows and Hansen trades.

Because the the Gudbranson trade, the Sutter trade and the Eriksson signing were such rebuild moves.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm

But Beardo the boozo from Timbuk Too thinks the rebuild startied well before the Burrows and Hansen trades.

Because the the Gudbranson trade, the Sutter trade and the Eriksson signing were such rebuild moves.

Well they had one hand in that cookie jar while trying to keep Aquaman happy. Not an ideal situation but give Benning credit for doing his best to appease many parties - a fickle win only fan base vs the stay at home rebuild fan base, the lunatic local media, the unrealistic demanding owners, current contracts on past their prime players, the Sedins and Bennings own desires to rebuild
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Well they had one hand in that cookie jar while trying to keep Aquaman happy. Not an ideal situation but give Benning credit for doing his best to appease many parties - a fickle win only fan base vs the stay at home rebuild fan base, the lunatic local media, the unrealistic demanding owners, current contracts on past their prime players, the Sedins and Bennings own desires to rebuild
But your elders said the rebuild started far before 2017
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 am
Topper wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:41 am
I think that’s been pretty clear to most folks.

Good to see you catching up
It began with the hiring of Genius GM Jim Benning. That has been clear to those who have vision.

I recall a PM discussion with Doc around that time as the Benning hate was beginning. We both astonished that people could not connect the dots of prospects being added to the pipe and when they may hit the lineup along with the dates of expiring contracts. Benning even layed it out in black and white for all to see and read.

Yet the illiterate broom pushers still scream.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:21 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 pm

But your elders said the rebuild started far before 2017
The problem is Blob, a rebuild in your mind is an Edmonton Oiler style Tank. They’ve been rebuilding since the day they were hired, just not in the way that you wanted
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Rebuild started when the Gillis traded Schneider.
It was apparent they weren't winning with scf core.
Tried to keep a competitive team while the Sedins were still around but were unsuccessful in doing so.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gudbranson trade, Sutter trade, Eriksson are not rebuild moves.

I had a pm with another poster at the time. We were both laughing at the guzzlers attempts to pawn those moves off as part of a rebuild. For awhile we dismissed it as trolling. Now it’s pretty clear these posters arent quite that crafty,

That’s what you get from hockey helmet wearing fans who lack the basic skill of communication. A wild imagination and a failure to grasp reality.

Here to help. :drink: :mex:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:57 pm Gudbranson trade, Sutter trade, Eriksson are not rebuild moves.

I had a pm with another poster at the time. We were both laughing at the guzzlers attempts to pawn those moves off as part of a rebuild. For awhile we dismissed it as trolling. Now it’s pretty clear these posters arent quite that crafty,

That’s what you get from hockey helmet wearing fans who lack the basic skill of communication. A wild imagination and a failure to grasp reality.

Here to help. :drink: :mex:
Oh; I get it; This: “SUTTER ISNT TOO FAR BEHIND WHAT HORVAT BRINGS TO THE TABLE” is simply sarcasm. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I was group PM’ing with other CC’ers at the the time and we were all flabbergasted with Blob and IN’s inability to understand the difficult circumstances Benning was under due to the colossal mess the previous regime left him with and the demands put on him by the owners and this fickle fan base, and lunacy of the local media
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gillis had a gun to Elmers head and forced those three horrific moves. Now I have heard it all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You can’t even make this shit up :mex: