Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Locked
User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Aaronp18 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Weren't there rumours of Faulk being on the block as well?

Package for Faulk and Ferland?

What does Carolina want/need?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22804
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Weren't there rumours of Faulk being on the block as well?

Package for Faulk and Ferland?

What does Carolina want/need?
They need scoring forwards... and I think a good young goaltender.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Aaronp18 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Weren't there rumours of Faulk being on the block as well?

Package for Faulk and Ferland?

What does Carolina want/need?
They need scoring forwards... and I think a good young goaltender.
Faulk, Ferland, late pick, (spare tender)

Demko, Lind, Hutton, conditional pick (Ferland extension)

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:37 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:30 pm
The Canucks look to be making the playoffs this year what would our 2019 1st get us at the TDL if we are picking in that 17th to 21st range? It’s a shitty draft class
I’d rather it play out and draft Byram or whoever is the best player available in that top 10
I worry that Byram is the next Steve McCarthy. Remember him? WHL Byram reminds me of WHL Steve McCarthy
Lol
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9611
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by rats19 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Weren't there rumours of Faulk being on the block as well?

Package for Faulk and Ferland?

What does Carolina want/need?
They need scoring forwards... and I think a good young goaltender.
Faulk, Ferland, late pick, (spare tender)

Demko, Lind, Hutton, conditional pick (Ferland extension)
Demko is our future AP you’d trade him?
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Aaronp18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:30 pm

rats19 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 pm
Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Aaronp18 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Weren't there rumours of Faulk being on the block as well?

Package for Faulk and Ferland?

What does Carolina want/need?
They need scoring forwards... and I think a good young goaltender.
Faulk, Ferland, late pick, (spare tender)

Demko, Lind, Hutton, conditional pick (Ferland extension)
Demko is our future AP you’d trade him?
I think shoring up our defense is a huge priority, don't know of Faulk does that but we have to deal with the chips we have. I like Demko, little worried about the concussion issues. We also have DiPietro in the pipeline as well.

Not sure what to do or give up to be honest. But I would move Demko for the right d-man for sure.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am

Roussell thinks the team is a win streak away from buying at the deadline... mentions a winger and a dman.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:05 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am
Roussell thinks the team is a win streak away from buying at the deadline... mentions a winger and a dman.
It would be incredibly asinine for this team to be a buyer at the deadline.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am
Roussell thinks the team is a win streak away from buying at the deadline... mentions a winger and a dman.
Where does Roussel mention this? Is Roussel in charge of making trades now?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am
Roussell thinks the team is a win streak away from buying at the deadline... mentions a winger and a dman.
Was that an interview?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am
Roussell thinks the team is a win streak away from buying at the deadline... mentions a winger and a dman.
Was that an interview?
I think Dick had a one on one expose with Roussel
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:28 am

Yeah it was postgame interview with bitchford

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:29 am

This Roussel quote is something else.

ROUSSEL: “If we win the next couple of games, we maybe show we are in the chase to be buyers (at the deadline).

“We might need another winger. We might need another D. Or some depth.

“I’m excited for that.”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 am

I would assume they’d need to be not just clinging to a wildcard spot for management to be buyers. I would also think it won’t be pure free agent rentals.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:42 am

Thx stroker

With Pettersson in the lineup a playoff seat is more than a possibility. The kid can carry the team already...if he gets back to where he was they might even win a round
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Locked