Game 2 - toughts? Comments?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win game 2?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:55 am

Edmonton
60%
Carolina
40%

Total votes: 5

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Game 2 - toughts? Comments?

Post by Cornuck »

At first it seems that the Oil are doomed, but then you can look back to the first 2 periods of game one and consider that Roloson didn't do much then. If Edmonton can work over the Canes like they did for 40 minutes in game one and continue into a full game, the loss of Roloson won't be as big a deal.

So do they go with Conklin or Markkanen? Both have similar stats, but Conklin only played 1/2 the number of games that Markkanen did.

Consider too, that Edmonton had so much time off before game 1 and could have felt some fatigue going into the third.

I predicted Oilers in 6 and that they would lose the first game - I'm sticking with it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

I read an article on tsn www.tsn.ca/nhl by Pierre Macquire that mentioned Markennen was better at rebound control so he has the edge, 'cause the Oiler gameplan involved Roloson's superb skillset in that area.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Oil were down 2 games to 0 in another series too and came back and won ... I wouldn't count them out quite yet. Back to Edmonton ... the fans will be pumped ...

Grizz