2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:42 am True Canuck puck luck = we finally win the #1 draft pick in a 'generational talent' year, draft first overall and the kid gets killed in a freak revolving door accident while carrying a toaster.
Jack Hughes is not a generational talent. He’s very good but he is no McDavid or Mathews. There are 7 or 8 guys at the top of this draft that project as excellent players. The Canucks would be fine with any of them. I’d rather see them nab another future core piece than get two home playoff dates and a skullfucking in the 1st round. As long as they show some improvement and develop some kids.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2020 draft, Alexis Lafrenière could be generational.

BC boy Connor Bedard in about 3-4 years is the next big thing for the NHL draft scouts.
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... nor-bedard
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 pm 2020 draft, Alexis Lafrenière could be generational.

BC boy Connor Bedard in about 3-4 years is the next big thing for the NHL draft scouts.
Lafreniere could be a game changer for Vancouver
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 pm 2020 draft, Alexis Lafrenière could be generational.

Bedard is supposed to be the next coming since McDavid, apparently he’s blowing away what Barzal did at the same age. He’s from North Vancouver. But will have to wait 2023. Apparently Savoie from Alberta - 2022 draft is pretty close to Bedard in skill and also consider to be generational

Blob will want to be tanking all the way through to 2023 cause he will want all of Lafteniere, Savoie and Bedard. Blob might be on board with no more tanking after 2024. 2021 draft looks to be a dud?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

For the reading impaired; it’s not tanking when your team is thin on talent.

I’ve maintained for two years that the team SHOULD be good enough to make the playoffs during the 20/21 season.

Dude wants to ride on a float in the Pride Parade in his Linden Vey barfing whale jersey and spandex celebrating the Canucks squeaking into the playoffs with 86 points and losing in 4 straight.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm it’s not tanking when your team is thin on talent.
Cuz teams thick with talent tank all the time! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol blob ya'll hilarious.
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Bedard is supposed to be the next coming since McDavid, apparently he’s blowing away what Barzal did at the same age. He’s from North Vancouver. But will have to wait 2023. Apparently Savoie from Alberta - 2022 draft is pretty close to Bedard in skill and also consider to be generational

Blob will want to be tanking all the way through to 2023 cause he will want all of Lafteniere, Savoie and Bedard. Blob might be on board with no more tanking after 2024. 2021 draft looks to be a dud?
good looks, I just want the next chris pronger or nik lidstrom :D , don't hear any generational dmen though sadly these next drafts, but could be a dman stuck behind some veteran prospects that could surprise, why the scouts are paid to find those gems.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm it’s not tanking when your team is thin on talent.
Try to keep up. Teams that lose because they lack talent aren’t necessarily tanking. Did I dumb it down enough for you? :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:35 pm lol blob ya'll hilarious.
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm

good looks, I just want the next chris pronger or nik lidstrom :D , don't hear any generational dmen though sadly these next drafts, but could be a dman stuck behind some veteran prospects that could surprise, why the scouts are paid to find those gems.
Sraft bpa, trade a forward for a stud d man like Columbus did in Seth Jones. Dithering around and picking by position cost the Canucks big time in 2016
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm For the reading impaired; it’s not tanking when your team is thin on talent.

I’ve maintained for two years that the team SHOULD be good enough to make the playoffs during the 20/21 season.

Dude wants to ride on a float in the Pride Parade in his Linden Vey barfing whale jersey and spandex celebrating the Canucks squeaking into the playoffs with 86 points and losing in 4 straight.
LMAO
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:36 pm
Try to keep up. Teams that lose because they lack talent aren’t necessarily tanking. Did I dumb it down enough for you? :lol:
Only teams that lack talent would tank.

How would one tell if a team lacking talent is tanking?

Ask YOU? :lol:

Are we having fun yet? :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m having fun. The team is slowly improving and looks poised to land another high draft pick in a deep draft. They are more entertaining to watch as well. Win win
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:36 pm
Type slower.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 pm Type slower.
Was it something I said Reef? :mrgreen:

Handbags at ten paces?
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:14 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 pm Type slower.
Was it something I said Reef? :mrgreen:

Handbags at ten paces?
Just thought you are still in pain and taking something for it.